Destiny "End-Game" Missions Require Co-Op

HardOCP News

[H] News
I hope everyone planning on buying Destiny has a group of friends that will be getting the game too. If not, you'll be stuck teaming up with randoms to beat some of the end-game missions.

"We describe it in a lot of ways as sloping the floor towards socialization, without putting a requirement on it," he continued. "I would say that there's some sort of - if you wanted to talk about it in MMO terms, you'd say 'end-game activities', but some of the most intense non-competitive activities in the game do require cooperation. They require a group of players to tackle at once. "I guess at some variable, distant endpoint we are going to say, "Yeah, if you show up at this door, and you don't have five friends, you're not going to be able to succeed."

Guild wars 2 has the same thing for the end mission. You could solo all story missions but last mission is possible alone. Nothing better than playing with people telling you to skip the cinematics. :rolleyes:

any multiply game is like that.... did anyone see this as a problem?

Guild wars 2 has the same thing for the end mission. You could solo all story missions but last mission is possible alone. Nothing better than playing with people telling you to skip the cinematics. :rolleyes:

Yea, I'm trying to do dungeons with my gf and she's trying to watch all the cinematics since it's her first time, but everyone else skips them and she feels pressured to keep up. Oh well, at least in the LFG tool you can specifically call out that you're doing it for the story and watching cinematics etc.

As an MMO player, this is a concept I get. However This isn't a PC game nor is it an MMO. I have a problem with forced parties on a console. I have at most half a dozen people on my friends list on my console and I'll be damned if I group up with random pugs. Sorry but most gamer's are retarded and I don't feel like carrying them.

As an MMO player, this is a concept I get. However This isn't a PC game nor is it an MMO. I have a problem with forced parties on a console. I have at most half a dozen people on my friends list on my console and I'll be damned if I group up with random pugs. Sorry but most gamer's are retarded and I don't feel like carrying them.

I think they keep referring to it as not an MMO but a game where you play with other people online in the same world.

I think they keep referring to it as not an MMO but a game where you play with other people online in the same world.

Which is why I said it isn't an MMO. I mentioned mmo only to reference familiarity with end game content being "group only".

A single player console game with some multi player tacked on isn't a game where I am willing to accept end game being walled behind group shit. As the leader of a top tier end game guild, I put up with enough bullshit from terrible players in that. I don't need it carrying over into games I play just to shut off mentally.

You'd think the title of the article would be

"Xbox Live Gold Account required to beat upcoming Destiny Game"

You'd think the title of the article would be

"Xbox Live Gold Account required to beat upcoming Destiny Game"

Actually it is required to play the game period. The game requires you to be online to play as you play on their servers. There is no offline mode. So to play on the Xbox 360 or One you need xbox live. Which also means that given that PS4 requires PlayStation Plus to play online, it would be required on that also. Only PS3 owners can play the game for free.

As I was trying to joke about above, the game is an MMO. They try to refer to it as MMO-style or something else, but when it comes down to it, the game is an MMO shooter. All players have to play on the server in a world with all other players on the server you are on (however they break up servers). There is no offline mode. So an online multiplayer game in lots of players in a single world, that is a MMO.

They did say that there wouldn't be a subscription like WoW, so there is at least that.

really wanted to check it out, but I'm not a fan of multiplayer games at the moment (the game seem good though), just like titanfall I :), all good

Back