Destiny 2 Gameplay Live Stream

I am so hyped for this. I hope all the PC rumors get spelled out in actual press releases outside of like... wccftech lol.

We'll see if we get our PC port... We'll see.

The game does look like a lot of fun.

I'm actually kinda excited for Destiny 2, it looks like they're actually doing things right with it. PC version using bnet, clan support, better solo support and more "open" world type content. I liked the first Destiny, but it felt bare bone MMO overall, looks like this may change.

Honestly, wasn't impressed. I was expecting more but eh guess I had my hopes too high.

Tacky, flashy, colourful. Not what I'd want in a scifi.

Not that I have anything against Bnet but I'm a little disappointed that you are locked into purchasing it from there. I would rather not be locked into any system and have the freedom to purchase it where I want. At least with Steam games you still have the ability to buy keys from other sites. It seems like with Blizzard games the only real option is buying it from bnet. Maybe things will be different here since it isn't really a Blizzard game. Only time will tell I guess.

I've never really played Destiny besides the demo. It looked cool and all but I can't do fps's on the console anymore. I'm spoiled by m/k. But from the looks of Destiny 2, it just kinda looks like Destiny 1.5. I'm not seeing a really big overhaul in showing that "hey this is the next installment". To me it looks like it could have been just a huge DLC. But again I'm not too familiar with franchise so I could be wrong.

Not that I have anything against Bnet but I'm a little disappointed that you are locked into purchasing it from there. I would rather not be locked into any system and have the freedom to purchase it where I want. At least with Steam games you still have the ability to buy keys from other sites. It seems like with Blizzard games the only real option is buying it from bnet. Maybe things will be different here since it isn't really a Blizzard game. Only time will tell I guess.

Price fixing. No waiting for Steam sales, etc. Also, the Activision connection. Keeping all the money in house.

I've never really played Destiny besides the demo. It looked cool and all but I can't do fps's on the console anymore. I'm spoiled by m/k. But from the looks of Destiny 2, it just kinda looks like Destiny 1.5. I'm not seeing a really big overhaul in showing that "hey this is the next installment". To me it looks like it could have been just a huge DLC. But again I'm not too familiar with franchise so I could be wrong.

True, but this also frees the console versions from the last generation, which probably frees up some design space.

I enjoyed Destiny at release, but it didn't take long for me to become bitter about how they handled post-release content. I pre-ordered this game, and got the top tier with the 2-expansion pass. I think it was $100. Then Take King came out at a fucking ridiculous $40. Even more frustrating was that the entire game with all expansions was $60. I get that games devalue over time but when a new player can jump in with all the content at $60, but for me to be on par with them a year in I'd have to have dropped $140. I refused to buy it. I didn't pay as much attention to Rise of Iron, but as I recall they used the same strategy again, $60 to start fresh, $40 for the DLC. That brings my cost of ownership to a fucking ridiculous $ 180. Even now Taken King is still $20, and because I don't own it, the PS Store won't even tell me how much Rise of Iron costs. It's $30 on Amazon for a code though. Fuck that.

I've learned my lesson this time around. I'll wait until everything is out and buy it once.

Ugh so I'll have to buy it twice. So lame.

You could always just be patient and buy it once when it comes out on your preferred platform.

I'll get it for PC shortly after launch to support the PC side of things, encourage more stuff like this for PC. But, I probably won't buy the expansions until there is a sale or bundle. I REALLY wish they went with steam but I guess I see why they chose BNET.

I loved destiny, despite it's grinding and other flaws, for what it was. Easily got over 2-300 hours in on the PS4. It should have been on PC from the go tho. It had some good mechanics and the single player was fun as hell, only did multi during the iron banner for rewards, but the gameplay, even though repatative was pretty fun I think. Not perfect by a long shot but I always found myself going back to it

Valve take a 30% cut for every game sold so, yeah... If I was running Activision I would never put it on Steam when I have my own distribution system.

(In case people didn't know, Activision publishes all Bungie games for at least 10 years)

Stretched thin, or double dipping?

I'm kinda amazed that any Xbone releases get prioritized over PC, to be honest, as the Xbone market is like 1/50th the installed base of gaming PCs. Must be habit and inertia from the 360/PS3 era.

Wouldn't be surprised if several years from now games are mostly PS4/PS5 and PC, with Xbox dropped completely since the ROI on the latter has been on a downhill this gen.

I talk to people who know first hand. They are stretched too thin. That's why your getting a pc launch later.

The Xbox contract could be Activision's doing. I dont think they will ever stop going multi platform.

I personally feel that putting it on pc is a huge mistake but, only time will tell.

Last edited:
I talk to people who know first hand. They are stretched too thin. That's why your getting a pc launch later.

The Xbox contract could be Activision's doing. I dont think they will ever stop going multi platform.

I personally feel that putting it on pc is a huge mistake but, only time will tell.

Putting it on the PC is a huge mistake? That's doesn't even make sense.

Well I'm not sure how others feel about this but I guess no dedicated servers for PC.

I still wish there was cross platform play. My friends will likely play this on the PS4 but I'd much rather have the PC version given the ultrawide resolution, M/K support and uncapped framerates. But Destiny is ultimately a social game so looks like I'll have to get the PS4 version instead.

It's be great if it could be like Gears of War 4 where you can play PC and Xbox One together online. I know this won't happen given each system's walled environments but one can still dream.

Well I'm not sure how others feel about this but I guess no dedicated servers for PC.

Well PvP is just 4v4, I guess they didn't feel it worth the infrastructure costs. Seems like they refocused replayability on the co-op PvE aspects. Which is fine by me, I'm a huge Borderlands fan.

Well it's got a lot of MMO tendencies so there would be no way to have secure private servers, your one character is the same for everything you do. I guess you could clone an offline copy for a dedicated but then you'd have to have a system set up where you get zero experience or prizes or anything on that toon that translate back to the MMO side of the game

Dedicated servers wouldn't work for this kind of game

I still wish there was cross platform play. My friends will likely play this on the PS4 but I'd much rather have the PC version given the ultrawide resolution, M/K support and uncapped framerates. But Destiny is ultimately a social game so looks like I'll have to get the PS4 version instead.

It's be great if it could be like Gears of War 4 where you can play PC and Xbox One together online. I know this won't happen given each system's walled environments but one can still dream.

Reddit leak a few hours before the show confirmed BNet and all that, but they also said that PS4 and PC should have cross save options, we'll see but that would be cool

Back