Destiny 2 Free 11/2 - 11/18 on Battle.net Gift Page

Sherloc09

Limp Gawd
Login to your Battle.net account, navigating to the Gifts page under your user account. Then select to claim the Destiny 2 gift. Lastly, open the Battle.net launcher and Install the game. If the game doesn't show as able to be installed, simply log out and back into the Battle.net launcher.

https://us.account.blizzard.com/gifts/

Attachments

• Battlenet.png
    Battlenet.png
    398.2 KB · Views: 0
So far pretty impressed with this game. In 2160p with everything maxed and HDR on it's one of the better looking games I've ever played.

So far pretty impressed with this game. In 2160p with everything maxed and HDR on it's one of the better looking games I've ever played.
Even at 4k on a small screen the aliasing and shimmering is hideous. I guess that is called specular aliasing and this game has about the worst I have ever seen in some spots.

Even at 4k on a small screen the aliasing and shimmering is hideous. I guess that is called specular aliasing and this game has about the worst I have ever seen in some spots.
To each their own. I'm using an OLED55B7 and sitting about 6 feet from the screen so not really that noticeable if it's there.

How the fuck??

Did this game bomb that bad, that quickly ?
Not really, It was questionable at launch but the latest DLC improved on everything people weren't happy with. By giving away the base game they are trying to get people to give it a try and the possibly buy then DLC.

Not really, It was questionable at launch but the latest DLC improved on everything people weren't happy with. By giving away the base game they are trying to get people to give it a try and the possibly buy then DLC.

Interesting.

But are not talking about a $60 “base game”

I haven’t seen this happen with another AAA release in like ever?

Don't know about anyone else, but I didn't even give Destiny or Destiny 2 much thought but having now played the game this weekend. Am considering picking up all DLC. I'm usually a single-player campaign sort of gamer, but even playing online, you can go through the campaign solo, and it does have a pretty decently written story from what I've seen thus far.

Interesting.

But are not talking about a $60 “base game”

I haven’t seen this happen with another AAA release in like ever?
How the fuck??

Did this game bomb that bad, that quickly ?
It's been over a year and two DLC's since release so no, even if it did bomb (it didn't, kind of surprisingly), it wasn't quickly.

But it's basically what others have said: just a way to get people hooked so they buy the new expansion (not DLC), which is the price of a new game.

It's basically the World of Warcraft model, where Blizzard packages in old content + base game into one huge, cheap battle chest in order to hook people into the new expansion. The new expansion is what Bungie hopes to make money off of right now. The old stuff has already paid off (if it didn't, they wouldn't have released this expansion).

Think of it this way: would YOU ever pay for a $50 base game + $20 DLC1 + $20 DLC2 for old content the playerbase no longer plays anymore just so you can progress to the $60 expansion?

It's very clear Bungie wants everyone to play the newest stuff. You don't even have to level up in the old stuff or go through the content because you get a free bump to level 30 as soon as you buy the new expansion (just like the level boosts in World of Warcraft).

Don't know about anyone else, but I didn't even give Destiny or Destiny 2 much thought but having now played the game this weekend. Am considering picking up all DLC. I'm usually a single-player campaign sort of gamer, but even playing online, you can go through the campaign solo, and it does have a pretty decently written story from what I've seen thus far.
It is a multiplayer-centric game, so you will hit a wall sooner rather than later, however the single player campaign is pretty lengthy. There are lots of stuff to do if you are a "solo" multiplayer gamer though. It's really only the top end raid stuff that you need to coordinate with clans.

It is a multiplayer-centric game, so you will hit a wall sooner rather than later, however the single player campaign is pretty lengthy. There are lots of stuff to do if you are a "solo" multiplayer gamer though. It's really only the top end raid stuff that you need to coordinate with clans.

This is still the #1 issue with destiny IMO...the raids are by absolute some of their best design work and only accessible via coordinating with external systems and putting in serious hours to become geared enough to not be carried. I seriously love their raid design; even the ones that were not their best. However, the gauntlet you needed to run through to be able to consistently experience is just so damn high that the game must become more than a casual or even hobby experience. This was fine in D1 where the content pool was deep enough to enjoy the ride...but D2, the pool is not deep and thus the grind for gearing to be raid ready and then the effort to find a non-toxic group made me walk away. I wish the staff the best of luck on this game.

Last edited:

Which is funny to me because you don't really need any co-ordination to beat the raids. But they make you have a pre-made party. I think for free D2 is a good game, but at full price its not worth it imo. Bungie needs to hurt more financially before they are willing to fix their shit, D2 for free is getting pretty close.

Grabbed one thanks! Will it stay in your library if you dont end up installing it? Or do you need to install it before Nov 8 in order to keep it?

FYI - Forsaken DLC is on sale for $30 on battle.net. It includes all expansions so far. I am just loving Destiny 2. It has pulled me away from Overwatch which is hard to do.

Back