Desk mount suggestions for a 40" monitor

Frraksurred

2[H]4U
I'm moving from an old corner desk that is near falling apart, to a new stand up desk (Fully Jarvis) and trying to figure out how to make up for the lost desk depth. Width is no problem since I can mount my 2 30's on arms off to the sides, but I cannot fit my center speaker in front of my 40" without it taking up most my KB&M room. I've been trying to find a simple 20" post, clamping deskmount, that I can put a VESA mount on. That would get the monitor up where I can slide the speaker underneath it enough not to interfere with KB&M.

Ergotron will sell me a 28" pole (20-137-200) I have to drill a hole in my desk for... which I may end up resorting too, but it wouldn't let me reclaim much space. So, I thought I'd get some input here first. I've considered having something DIY welded up, but that is a last resort.

Anything that will support 25lbs should work, and I can provide pictures if it helps. Thanks up front for any input.

I'm moving from an old corner desk that is near falling apart, to a new stand up desk (Fully Jarvis) and trying to figure out how to make up for the lost desk depth. Width is no problem since I can mount my 2 30's on arms off to the sides, but I cannot fit my center speaker in front of my 40" without it taking up most my KB&M room. I've been trying to find a simple 20" post, clamping deskmount, that I can put a VESA mount on. That would get the monitor up where I can slide the speaker underneath it enough not to interfere with KB&M.

Ergotron will sell me a 28" pole (20-137-200) I have to drill a hole in my desk for... which I may end up resorting too, but it wouldn't let me reclaim much space. So, I thought I'd get some input here first. I've considered having something DIY welded up, but that is a last resort.

Anything that will support 25lbs should work, and I can provide pictures if it helps. Thanks up front for any input.

Ya, the ergatron is one of the only ones for that large unless you would consider a wall mounted unit. I had looked at them when I was considering a large screen vs two monitors and this is one of the reasons I went with two monitors.

Thanks for the reply.

I started with Ergotron, but the cost was going to get near $300 for something I wasn't exactly happy with. So, I think I going to DIY an Aluminum Extrusion frame to the desk. Instead of a center post, I'll have two side posts with a couple cross-bars that I can mount the monitor too, while also allowing me to slide my center speaker all the way under my monitor for more desk space. It will require more planning and work on my part, but the cost looks to be about a third of Ergotron's solution, give me more weight capacity, and I can tailor it to my exact needs.

I have my 40" Crossover 404k mounted on one of these since I was feeling cheap (was on sale for $80), but it's worked out great so far at the one year mark. My desk is something like 62"x32", and that arm has all the range I need (if I ever actually needed to move it).

Back