Desk: Glass top?

Hort

Weaksauce
In planning my new build, I'll also be getting a new desk/table. Years ago I seem to remember having a brass/glass coffee table that was prone to static shocks.

Arcane question I know, but are there any issues with static on a metal legged/glass-top computer table? I've found something I like the looks and price of.

Nothing wrong with mine, metal frame with glass top and wood accents i love it, never had any issue.

Nothing wrong with mine, metal frame with glass top and wood accents i love it, never had any issue.

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe it was the cheap nylon carpet in my old apartment. :p

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe it was the cheap nylon carpet in my old apartment. :p

Na, it shocks me sometimes, like when i take off my winter coat, but its just a little zap, won't hurt the desk any.

I second the fingerprints issue. Also a pain to keep clean at times.

I hope you have a mousepad or your optical or laser mouse won't work very well =)

I have a desk with a BLACK GLASS TOP, it is awsome and I wouldn't ever think of changing it. The only dowside is that it is impossible to get dust free, but you can't tell unless you look at it up close. I will post a picture...

img0421rn8.jpg

I second the sexiness but i hate the tray for the mouse and keyboard. Just had a bad experienced with a few that really made me PO'd. Mostly them coming off their tracks and landing in my lap repeatedly. but that could just be my fat hands. :p

Trying to stay on topic: Yes glass is cool, but yes the coke rings and fingerprints are terrible. My mom has one at work and i laugh every time i see it because she is a REALLY clean person but she can't keep up with her "deskprints".

No shocks on mine...second the keeping it clean though. However, when you do need to clean it, it is pretty fast and easy!

Thanks for all the responses! :)

I was looking at this but it probably isn't sturdy enough. I don't want it vibrating.

Back