Desert Conflict - Released!

:eek: Holy BF2 excitement, Batman! Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Downloading... downloading... downloading... Come oooooooon! Faster!!

All with me now... "please be good, please be good, please be good..."

Oh hellz yea! Has anybody tried it? Is it good? I would seriously consider buying BF2 if this mod is as fun as DC was.

is this really worth me reinstalling bf2? I haven't played it in more than a year or so for various reasons including more recently no widescreen support. (if someone could be handy and throw me a link to faking widescreen in bf2 i would be greatly obliged as well.)

I used to love me some DC mod in bf1942 though, is this the same guys or a new group of guys doing a conversion?

damn it, i JUST uninstalled BF2 after saying to myself that i would probably never play it again anyway.

but !!!!!!!!!!!!!! none the less. :cool:

HOLLY HELL!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

This is going to be BIG :eek:

Downloading @ 315 Kb/s

Can anyone post some screens? I'll reinstall BF2 if this is worth it.

dcon_woodisgood.jpg
[/QUOTE]
gazala013ux6.jpg

gazala004xz8.jpg

Come on.... you know you want it. You all want it! ;) :D

Do you have to install the latest BF2 update to install the mod?

Nice screens BTW, but can you post some in-game (like um...first person view) shots?

HOLLAY SHIT THIS IS FUCKING FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for 30 min i was flying with that big plane, whoa so fun :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm mad I can't find my disc. I am so buying several 500gb drives so I can ISO everything.

Technically its not as good as POE, hell not even BF2, SF, etc are as good as POE, but the Fun factor is really high :D

screen036uy1.jpg

screen038tz0.jpg

screen032mg4.jpg

screen030yv2.jpg

The game is very fun. Not perfect, but much better than vanilla BF 2. Shoulder Mounted AA rockets FTW. :D

The game is very fun. Not perfect, but much better than vanilla BF 2. Shoulder Mounted AA rockets FTW. :D

FINALLY AA that fucking WORKS!!!

Helicopters would not even come near me, Stinger is that deadly :cool:

is it buggy/glitchy/crap animations and models like Desert Combat was?

Or did they actually make it look like it's own game this time instead of a lame small addon?

(Please do not quote me because you like the crap animations of Desert Combat and disagree)

I am a long time DC fan and have played the original Desert Combat since its release. This Dcon in my opinion is stupid. It brings no new aspects to the game and basically plays just like DC. Feels like a port of DC onto a new engine. Also, the lag is horrible even at very low settings and it freaks out my sound sometimes.

Why play this over normal 1942 DC? I can run Desert Combat with everything cranked at a constant 100fps, this game is like a slide show. POE2s intital release was leaps and bounds better than this.

Seeing people leap out of helicopters at high alt and falling to the ground b/c of no chutes... priceless

i'm loving it, better than bf2 and poe2 IMO. I never really got into poe2. Conflict is bringing back all my fond memories of Combat, it's a lot of fun.

The fun factor is BACK!

The new new map is pretty damn fun (outskirts of something). I'm LOVING the chopper maneuverability. It brings back such great memories of DC! However, in CTF, the constant drum rolls do get annoying, but I can live with it! Love the automatic M16 as well as playing Weapon Bunkers again!

It does have it's cons, however, it's just plain FUN!

Errr I ain't diggin' it yet. Jets still dominate but the C130 is fun. Guess I'll have to stick with non-jet maps only. I need a manual...

It's amazing! It rewards people that have played DC. The best of both DC and BF2, some of best Battlefield ever. The best of both games! Most dislikes I've seen so far are because people have never played DC and don't know to do things like lead shots.

Back