Descent’s True Spiritual Successor, Overload, Is Now Available

Didn't know this was in the works let alone that it was released. Just DL'ed from Steam and all I can say is, ... "Wow, back in the saddle again folks!"

Been secretly hoping for this release for years ... thanks to all at Revival Productions :cool:

Oh god I loved the "CD" verson of Decent music. That was soo good. Its right up there with Warhawk. The MIDI version was horrible.

Aye, the CD redbook audio for Descent 2 was amazing. My favourite song being instrumental version of Type O Negative - Haunted. (y)

I bought this yesterday and spent a few hours on it.

Wow.

It's not "like" Descent, it's Descent in all but the name.

Pro:

Solid surround sound support
Supports NV Surround (3 monitors)

Cons:

Triple monitor mode has some of the instruments on the bezel split - it's not too bad, but not ideal
The particles and lighting look pretty but make it really hard to see the other enemy bots in the area after you blow one up
Multiplayer level felt a bit small and cramped

So much for that kickstarted descent game :/

Seriously. That one started off looking super promising, and just kinda... languished.

Wasn't their lead designer formerly with Star Citizen's Roberts Space Industries? That may explain a lot. :cool:

When I first played Descent 1 and 2, I was still using a freakin' joystick. (CH Flightstick Pro)

I was also going to bring up Forsaken. That was the shiz-nit on my Voodoo card back in 1998

+1 Forsaken

As good as Descent was (and I played all of them), Forsaken was EVEN BETTER (More colorful, more variety)! We used to have LAN Parties @ my house w/ Quake 1 (aka 'Quake', there was no 2, 3, 4), Mech Warrior, and Forsaken! Even setup 2x dialup modems for 2x remote players, was some great memories! Gonna have to pickup Overload, interested on others' feedback.

"Easier to navigate?" That was one of the wonders of Descent - trying not to get lost! But still, this is worth a look!

Great game, i have Descent underground as well and its not as good as Outbreak.....i still have 2 Kali keys around here somewhere....those were the days Descent/mechwarior/starcraft/UT....one telephone line to call my friends and one for the modem.

Descent made me pretty nauseous at times. LOL. On a 486 with a 14 or 15 inch monitor.

I was a massive fan of the first two Descent games. This was a must buy for me. I'm downloading it now.

I've been playing it for while now and noticed there's no way to recall the haloguide. So when you wait around a corner it occasionally pops around the corner and you don't know if it's the bot or a robot at first glance so I shoot and then any element of surprise goes out the window. Otherwise it's been a good gaming experience but it lacks the intermittent story videos of Descent 3

Back