Descent: Freespace on Steam 50% off for 2.99

Being that they put out Descent 1, 2, 3, and now Freespace Its most likely only a matter of time before we see Freespace 2. :)

Has this been ported to run on Win 7 without jumping hoops? I don't know how these old games work through modern services.

It says windows xp, vista, 7, and 8 in the system requirements, so I'd hope they already sorted that out.

Freespace 2 is one of my top 5 favorite games of all time. Epic, epic space shooter with massive capital ship battles and great atmosphere. It was the end of an era.

Maybe Star Citizen will bring back that era, though. . .

I remember playing the original descent at a computer store on a Pentium-75 machine. Picked it up later for my pentium-133 with 3dfx 4meg vodoo card.

Thanks for the post!

Oh boy. All I remember about Descent was getting nauseous. Just about the only game that ever did that to me. I don't even mind FPS's with head-bobbing.

Descent != Descent Freespace

The original Descent is a much different game from Freespace.

Free space 2 I thought was free now. I know thr source for it was released a while ago

Brings back memories :) I wish space sims were being made these days, so much more fun than shooters.

Back