Denuvo Website Leaks Secret Information, Crackers Swarm

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I guess it’s time to make fun of Denuvo again. You would think that a company specializing in security would be smart enough to keep its private directories, well, private, but that would make too much sense. Instead, Denuvo has inadvertently invited anyone and everyone to read their business exchanges with companies that include Capcom and Google, as well as examine what are probably sensitive files. Will Denuvo’s excuse be that their site was going to get cracked anyway? Who knows, but I can tell you that the cracking community is pretty excited right now.

…the company has left several private directories on its website open to the public, as shown in the image below. Most of the content appears relatively mundane but hidden away in the logs directory is an 11MB text file called Ajax.log, which appears to contain customer support emails dating back to 2014. While some are from companies looking to hire Denuvo, a notable email in slightly broken English appears to have been sent by Capcom. While any leak of confidential data is a serious event, this developing situation appears to be getting worse. Within the last few minutes, more insecure directories have been discovered, some of them containing relatively large files. Needless to say, the contents of these files will be of great interest to Denuvo’s adversaries.

Yeah I'll say, wonder when they'll get around to blocking access to it (the directory, not the schlong).

You would be surprised how common shit like this is. One of the colleges I went to had the same problem. I never bothered to tell them about it either.

This is too bad as I liked Denuvo, I think Developers deserve the right to make money on a game. Denuvo did a good job of protecting a game during its initial release rush where the people that truly wanted it will buy it but more importantly the people that would of downloaded it if given the chance end up purchasing it because they just want to play it (I know not all pirates = lost sales but im willing to say at least 5% are). I know a few people personally that got mad the Just Cause 3 wasnt cracked in 2 weeks and just gave in and purchased it after reviews (both review sites and word of mouth) and Let's plays showed it to be a good game worth money. Top it off Denuvo seemed to run well and as far as I could tell caused 0 issues for legit owners (feel free to correct with proof if im wrong). Hope Denuvo survives this crap as we have had way worse DRM schemes try and fail and I think Denuvo was the happy point.

You would think that a company specializing in security would be smart enough to keep its private directories, well, private
Eventually one learns to calibrate his expectations to reality, so no, it doesn't surprise me. At this stage it wouldn't have surprised me to learn that this confidential information instead ended up on the company's own Facebook page.

That's it, I'm contacting the ACLU. I'm a European-American thankyouverymuch, and I did not "swarm" as you automatically assumed. :troll:

Back