Denuvo 4.8 DRM Cracked

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Denuvo has had its fair share of DRM failures lately, in that its DRM has been cracked without hours of releasing, but its latest 4.8 version has been holding steady for months now. Dark Side of Gaming is reporting that 4.8 has now been cracked as far as the Sonic Forces game is concerned. Other Denuvo 4.8 titles included Assassin’s Creed: Origins, Need for Speed Payback, Star Wars Battlefront 2, and Injustice 2. I guess someone figured Denuvo was getting too big for its britches.

However, do note that this is a bypass crack. In other words, Denuvo is still running in the background, meaning that you should not see any performance gains in titles like Assassin’s Creed: Origins. Furthermore, Assassin’s Creed: Origins uses VMProtect on top of Denuvo 4.8, so it will be interesting to see whether this combo will make things harder for crackers (now that the latest version of the Denuvo has been cracked).

Whelp...that didn't take too long. I seem to recall a thread not too long ago about how Denuvo had "won" because these games had not been cracked yet.

well hopefully soon it will be removed from assassins creed, and when it is, then i can buy it and give it a try.

well hopefully soon it will be removed from assassins creed, and when it is, then i can buy it and give it a try.
Ass Creed and others haven't been cracked yet. Only Sonic force has been but I am sure it is a matter of time before they all get released.

Ass Creed and others haven't been cracked yet. Only Sonic force has been but I am sure it is a matter of time before they all get released.
It's not that it's been cracked it's that publishers might remove it, since it's no longer effective and they'd still need to pay the company to use it otherwise.

It's not that it's been cracked it's that publishers might remove it, since it's no longer effective and they'd still need to pay the company to use it otherwise.

To my knowledge Sega, EA, and Ubi have never removed DRM from their games.

Meh. Sonic Forces, Assassin’s Creed: Origins, Need for Speed Payback, Star Wars Battlefront 2? People still play this... I suppose someone got bored enough after Christmas.

Meh. Sonic Forces, Assassin’s Creed: Origins, Need for Speed Payback, Star Wars Battlefront 2? People still play this... I suppose someone got bored enough after Christmas.

That was the point of Denuvo. Not to be uncrackable, just to delay it long enough that piracy doesn't happen in the initial sales window.

Ass Creed is well received and so is the Sonic game I believe. NFS and SWBF2 are shit games tho.

You might want to read my post more carefully. I said that I do not believe the three companies in question (EA, Ubisoft, and Sega) have removed DRM from their games before. None of the companies that the article mentions removing are any of those three. So, your article and your post are utterly worthless.

AC: O is a great game, the best traditional AC game since 2 (I don't consider Black Flag a traditional AC game so it's out of the running here). Battlefront 2 undersold EA's expectations but it still seems to have sold well, sadly.

Ass Creed is well received and so is the Sonic game I believe. NFS and SWBF2 are shit games tho.

Sonic Forces isn't well received. Mania is the Sonic game everyone loves, Forces was...Very bad.

They remove the drm and I will happily buy the game. I understand why they do it. Just wish there was a better alternative.

As I understand it "cracking" these individual titles just bypasses Denuvo, meaning it isn't in the loop. Other titles will not automatically follow suit since how each title uses and calls it is different.

Look forward to Origins..

Great game, most fun I've had since Witcher 3 and it's discounted from it's original price now.

If you meant stealing it then you'll be waiting a while longer - maybe a month? a year? who knows - because denuvo wasn't actually cracked just because Sega implemented it poorly in Sonic Forces and left a bypass exploit, and AC:O uses multiple copy protections to enforce Uplay's DRM and keep the bad guys out.

Last edited:
edit: guy above me ninja'd me

Titanfall 2 apparently used it as well, and it was removed, not due to cracking apparently though.

A proverb for this situation is "Keeps the honest people out, but does nothing against petty criminals".

Companies will not remove DRM because they continuously treat PC gaming population, in general, as a band of pirates that will never pay for a single game unless they have to (completely ignoring the fact that GoG exist and still going strong, last I have heard), so they will go out of their way to make thing as inconvenient to your average honest paying PC gamers as possible, while these kind of measures does next to nothing against pirates.

Here is a hint to most companies out there: the more you want to prevent people from pirating, the more you will drive them towards piracy, because no measure you do will ever prevent piracy, and you will earn nothing but grief from your actual paying customers.

I dont care, these games are for high end computers. Half games are built bad. And if you like it and if you haw money you buy it.

Back