Denon AH-D7000 arrived. Amp comes tomorrow.

threedd97

Limp Gawd
I hope these are significantly improved and different sounding over my Sennheiser 595s. Anyone have experience with these? I did my fair share of research and they are right up my alley for what I like out of headphones.

I just bought some myself; awaiting a Nuforce Icon HDP to come in the mail to really put them through their paces. So far, unamped, they sound fantastic. I can't wait to see what the HDP does for them.

lol yeah they are much better. You got some pretty good headphones there. Be patient with them. They are going to be really different sounding.

I bought the desktop amp from headroom @ headphone.com for these. First real amp outside of a cheap cmoy amp.

denon01.jpeg

denon02.jpeg

denon03.jpeg

denon04.jpeg

denon05.jpeg

My initial response was "Wow!". These cans are in a whole other league even without an amp or being burned in.

My initial response was "Wow!". These cans are in a whole other league even without an amp or being burned in.

yup. If you have an x-fi make sure to listen in audio creation mode with bit matched playback checked. Makes a big difference.

Damn...I'm jealous! Grats on the phones. These or the HD800's are my next set of headphones. Though I am leaning more toward the Denons on price alone.

How is the cord on these? Stiff? Tangles, Twisted up all the time like the 2000's?

Very stiff cord; the cord terminates in a Y with two cables running up to each side of the phones. This cord is a little thinner gauge, so you somtimes get some tangling here if the main part of the cord is trying to rotate. You'd almost have to try to tangle it.

The cable sleeving does a pretty decent job of preventing tangles though. I also do not detect any cable microphonics.

Only where it breaks into a Y does it try to twist sometimes. Dave was spot on about how the cord is though.

Back