Demo Available For Solar Warden

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Solar Warden, the space combat game from Star Citizens ex-lead technical designer, has released a demo today according to a report from DSOGaming. Solar Warden has a kickstarter campaign currently going, with $26k of the $40k goal raised, and is a Six-Degrees-of-Freedom space combat game, fused with a Real-Time Strategy in a hybrid of sorts and features newtonian flight physics.

Looks pretty interesting, and there is already more to do than in Star Citzen ;) . You can grab the 624MB demo from IndieDB if you're interested in some space combat before it becomes a real thing.

This demo will allow players to take control of the Solar Warden fleet defending planet Earth against a short number of incoming waves of meteors filled with the hostile space based aliens – the Silicoid.

Last edited:
Did you mean Decent or Descent? If Descent, there are at least 2 in the works. Descent: Underground will theoretically be released in it's completed state this Fall.

If Decent, this game looks to stand a fair chance of being decent. One can hope.

Looks cool, kind of arcade-y. Reminds me of Starlancer for some reason.

If it's $25 or so on release, sure why not.

At first I saw "SolarWinds" and thought, man, you guys are rich!

You can grab the 624MB demo from IndieDB if you're interested in some space combat before it becomes a real thing.

Somewhere out there it already is or was a thing. Its a big universe, so big that its virtually guaranteed to have happened already given the age of the universe.

solar-winds-the-escape_2.gif

Wait, wrong game!

Did you mean Decent or Descent? If Descent, there are at least 2 in the works. Descent: Underground will theoretically be released in it's completed state this Fall.

If Decent, this game looks to stand a fair chance of being decent. One can hope.
it was meant to be a pun for both, because Descent games were fun and Decent games are few and far between but Battletech and PoE 2 are both solid.

So lemme get this straight, the ex-lead on a "game" that's been in dev for years and will likely never actually exist, is looking to release a new game for like 1.4% the cost of the last "game" he worked on?

That's hilarious.

If dude helped make star citizen I'm sure he has plenty of money pocketed.. lol.

he also made a lot of money from crytek when they poached him and fucked him over after making mechwarrior living legends mod for crysis.

At first I saw "SolarWinds" and thought, man, you guys are rich!

Assuming you mean the monitoring software, i also thought they were posting about a demo of the software.

Personally i see this game having trouble in searches with this name.

What could go wrong, hate laws sure have been applied properly since the inception and have not hurt our freedoms at all. This could easily be one the many final stepping stones in a one world system. They could easily introduce these into a credit system like what is going up in China. Want to purchase some nano tech poisoned food you will need to answer some questions first. Depending on how you answer you may have your ability to buy anything terminated. Through out the centuries governments have created problems to enrich themselves and take away your freedoms.

What could go wrong, hate laws sure have been applied properly since the inception and have not hurt our freedoms at all. This could easily be one the many final stepping stones in a one world system. They could easily introduce these into a credit system like what is going up in China. Want to purchase some nano tech poisoned food you will need to answer some questions first. Depending on how you answer you may have your ability to buy anything terminated. Through out the centuries governments have created problems to enrich themselves and take away your freedoms.

Uh what now? I think you posted in the wrong thread...

Reactions: Shmee
like this

Um, wut...?

This is like those random spam emails you get that don't try to market anything or make a phishing attempt. I guess it's just here to make you go

Br00TCn.gif

Looks like [H] has been invaded by a SPAM bot. His other posts are equally entertaining.

We needed a new Decent game.

I thought that's what it was gonna be ... bummer

One of the most ever played games ... Descent 3 and no one has thought to make a new story with it and use todays graphics. It would outsell any other game release.

Remember when PC games had an actually story behind them?

I'm hoping for something like Freespace 2.
I think the money he's asking is great to show you don't need millions to produce a game. (which you don't)

Back