DEMCiflex magnetic filter on aluminum?

Bladestorm

[H]ard|Gawd
Is there a good way to get a DEMCiflex magnetic filter to stick to an aluminum case? I've got two 92mm intake fans on the under side of a case, and a dual 92mm DEMCiflex filter on order. I thought about sourcing some thin steel tape, and trimming it to the dimensions of the perimeter of the filter. Would that work, or should I just glue it?

They come with a sticky back magnet piece, too. So you can stick that to the case and then the filter attaches to that, and it still removable.

They come with a sticky back magnet piece, too. So you can stick that to the case and then the filter attaches to that, and it still removable.

I ordered mine off of Amazon, and the listing didn't specify if it's the ferrous or non-ferrous version. I assume only the non-ferrous version includes the sticky back magnet piece?

I'm pretty sure you do NOT get the magnetic tape unless you specifically selected it before check out when ordering from their site (in my experience anyway). If you buy a set from another vendor, it may or may not be included.

Back