Delrin Tube Style Res Complete!

TheToE! said:
Any news on brushed aluminum version?

Still, I snickered at that one for a sec. Had visions of someone actually posting something along the lines of:

"These are cool, are you going to be doing any in brushed aluminum..."

Come on, you know it could happen :)

Anyway, so we can wait for you to work out the mount and/or get ours now?

BTW, awesome looking green build you've got going there. Is that one of those Mod mountain? cube cases? Did you do those pump tops yourself or are those Alpha tops (or am I still way off)?

WarlordBB said:
BTW, awesome looking green build you've got going there. Is that one of those Mod mountain? cube cases? Did you do those pump tops yourself or are those Alpha tops (or am I still way off)?
It is the mountain mods case and the Alpha tops.

OK, mounts are done and look great! My picture taking skillz are lacking though. What I do not have yet are the square mounts that will mount up with ANY 120MM FAN HOLE! They will be of the same material though.

I will be PM'ing people shortly that are on the list with details and what mount they would like. The mounts and the res' will likely come seperately... meaning I am shipping the res' and the mounts will be drop shipped to you for me. No sense in paying shipping twice. Now for some pics.

3-3.jpg

Black:
blackfront.jpg

blackrear.jpg

Smoked:
smoked.jpg

Clear:
clear.jpg

clearside.jpg

Congratulations Nik. The reservoirs turned out very nice. I am glad to see you took an idea such as this to a whole new level.

Glad you guys got them! You gonna leave the fill ports on the bottom like that???

My original build ( the one I am typing on now) I installed the Res. with the fill ports on the bottom and it gave me many issues before I got the weeping to stop... This time mine will go fill ports up I think. Now to just find the time to do the build.

Nik... I gotta say these are some sweet pieces of machining... You definitely have a sellable product here in my opinion.

havent installed mine yet, but i want to commend you on a job well done. these reservoirs are awesome.

now you just need to make a larger batch of the clear ones! ;)

BioPort said:
havent installed mine yet, but i want to commend you on a job well done. these reservoirs are awesome.

now you just need to make a larger batch of the clear ones! ;)
Yeah the clear ones were not planned... Only 2 were made successfully. The feed rate and tool speed had to be adjusted for the acrylic... needless to say out of 4 that were made 2 got borked :( I promised r1ck one a while back so he got the only other one at this point.

nikhsub1 said:
I promised r1ck one a while back so he got the only other one at this point.

HEHE..... I really like the clear one :)

Once my new tech sation from highspeedpc arrives I can put the tube to work (and flip it over).

I got mine last week but hadn't had time to take a good look yet. Dang RL work!

Anyway, still haven't had time to hook it up but I wanted to give props to nikhsub anyway. This is professional level stuff here. Looks great and I expect it will work great.

Taking this idea from, umm, idea to actual small run product is awesome. You've given the "no aluminum in MY loop" crowd an alternative.

I thank you and my Intel X6800 Core 2 Duo proc thanks you for helping to keep it cool (at least I assume it will as soon as it gets here, whenever that will be).

First of all, thank you very much niksub for doing this. I have mine installed and love it.

I had a few questions, wondering if ya'll could help me out:

1) replacement parts...screws, o-ring, etc. Does anyone have specs or know where to purchase?

2) mounting plate: does anyone have a good measured drawing, cad file, etc. for a mouting plate?

Ideally, niksub would know these answers, but I'm not sure if he's still around or not.

If you're dying for a quick response, head over to the OCForum and shoot him a PM. He's most certainly hanging around there.

headala said:
First of all, thank you very much niksub for doing this. I have mine installed and love it.

I had a few questions, wondering if ya'll could help me out:

1) replacement parts...screws, o-ring, etc. Does anyone have specs or know where to purchase?

2) mounting plate: does anyone have a good measured drawing, cad file, etc. for a mouting plate?

Ideally, niksub would know these answers, but I'm not sure if he's still around or not.
I'm around just not as much as I'd like ;) I do NOT have a cad for the mount, all the mounts were made for me by Ben at www.mountainmods.com, I'm sure he can help you out... give him a buzz for anything regarding the mounts. I'm sure he could do aluminum as well. Anyway here are some part numbers for you:

This is all from www.mcmaster.com
NOTE: Barb and Plug O-rings are DIFFERENT!!!
Barb o-ring: 9557K472 (Only use EPDM O-rings!!!!!)
Plug o-ring: 9557K465 (Only use EPDM O-rings!!!!!)
Body o-ring for sight glass: 9557K124 (Only use EPDM O-rings!!!!!)
SS Button allens: 98164A107 (6/32 x 3/8" long) - any screw this size can be used.

Barbs used are from http://ekwaterblocks.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=126

And the plugs were special ordered direct from Legris but should you need more: http://www.mountainmods.com/product_info.php?cPath=35_47&products_id=355

*edit*
And for good measure, here are some goodies you can add if you want, here is a G1/4" temp probe: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2...w-in_Temperature_Sensor_500836.html?tl=g30c97

LED Clear Plug: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2..._lighting_module_for_Reservoir.html?tl=g30c97

I had one that I never used and sold to another member, here. It was a top-notch, high-quality piece. If you can get one, you won't be dissapointed.

I had one that I never used and sold to another member, here. It was a top-notch, high-quality piece. If you can get one, you won't be dissapointed.

I was actually just going to post :). I bought the DelRes from him and it's awesome. Since Mark didn't have the 5.25" bay mount I had one custom made and etched from Mountain Mods since they made all the originals and it looks great in my case. I doubt that nikhsub1 is going to make anymore, but if you want to ask him he is mainly over at XS now.

img1285ss8.jpg

I have one of the only two clear versions if anyone is interesting to purchasing it from me.

Back