Delrin Tube Style Res Complete!

Top Nurse said:
Very nice! I think you could easily export these all over the world. Perhaps a bit more polishing would be in order, but that can easily be sorted out at a later date.
The other 3 are being polished (inside is what needs it) I was just so excited I had to take one :D TN, would you be interested in running one as a tester????

*drools over acrylic res*

I have to wonder... Did my post on page 1 get me on the list?

This has likely been mentioned earlier, but is the top plate sized to fit 120mm fan holes? That would certainly be great for an original top UFO.

Oh, and do you happen to know the I/D of those fittings?

nikhsub1 said:
The other 3 are being polished (inside is what needs it) I was just so excited I had to take one :D TN, would you be interested in running one as a tester????

Absolutely :)

Wasn't interested in the threads (and fittings I could use in them), actually. I was kind of semi-wondering if nik could break out a ruler and give me a rough measurement of the ID of the fittings. May be interested in using them in another block I have here.

phide said:
Wasn't interested in the threads (and fittings I could use in them), actually. I was kind of semi-wondering if nik could break out a ruler and give me a rough measurement of the ID of the fittings. May be interested in using them in another block I have here.
With the flat ruler i've got, the ID of the barb is bang on 1CM, or 7/16". Maybe more like 13/32".

Alright. Better than I expected. Thanks, fellow G5 brother.

By the way, is Stew making a G7 for you?

nikhsub1 said:
Some pics of the acrylic version.

mount3.jpg

That is one sweet res nikhsub!

Is that made out of a solid piece of acrylic, it looks like it. I've been trying to find a cost effective supplier of acrylic block for my reservoir, but 100x100x200 is rather expensive!

Nice work.

Mysterae said:
That is one sweet res nikhsub!

Is that made out of a solid piece of acrylic, it looks like it. I've been trying to find a cost effective supplier of acrylic block for my reservoir, but 100x100x200 is rather expensive!

Nice work.
Yes one solid piece of 3" round bar.

nikhsub1 said:
Yes, that and I'm waiting on fittings, have to come from France...
Are those not just DD 1/2" OD fittings? Or are we talking about something else?

The allen plugs with the oring are made by Legris. No one in the US has stock, expedited from France cost me $100 :eek: So instead of the part costing $.60 each, it is now $1.60.

nikhsub1 said:
What do you think? :cool:

Figured it would end up being you, Thorilian and friku (and a couple others I'm probably leaving out). He hasn't really told anyone what's going on with the blocks - I signed up, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Oh well. I'll be on the boat when/if you make another batch of these, though.

I like the square top plate.

The Acrylic one sure is hot! There aren't many choices for them, aside from Watercool's plexi AB-G, and Aqua Computer's yet to-be-released plexi Aquatube.

nikhsub1 said:
The allen plugs with the oring are made by Legris. No one in the US has stock, expedited from France cost me $100 :eek: So instead of the part costing $.60 each, it is now $1.60.

I found G1/4" allen plugs at McMaster Carr.pt# 4860K126
Description:
Brass Threaded Pipe Fitting 1/4" O-Ring Plug, Nickel-Plated, BSPP Threads

But they are more than 1.60 each. they charge $3.34 ea.

I'd love to know the cost of one of the acrylic res, I might be able to get a Delrin one but I might be able to swing an acrylic tube. :eek:

Top Nurse said:
That's why he bought them from Legris...

Thus proving the old adage (in a way).... Time is money .. delivery in 2 days from Ga or ?? 10 days from France, And the laws of supply and demand.

Top Nurse said:
What would be the possibility of having one made out of sterling silver?
You wouldnt want to use sterling, it is only ~90% pure (or is it 94%?). Anyway, send me some silver, I'll work it out for ya :D

nikhsub1 said:
You wouldnt want to use sterling, it is only ~90% pure (or is it 94%?). Anyway, send me some silver, I'll work it out for ya :D

Okay I have to see where I can get some silver bar stock.

Top Nurse said:

Why not something fun like T40 Stainless? I'm having my rads milled out of that. :D

Lol t40.

I like my watercooling parts easy to modify. Stainless doesn't count :p

M.D.K. said:
Why not something fun like T40 Stainless? I'm having my rads milled out of that. :D
How does one "mill" a radiator?
Someone is a hell of a machinist....

nikhsub1 said:
REs' are done, waiting on the damn fittings! :mad:

I'll take one of each without the fittings...I already have plugs, led's, elbows, etc..... :)

sprocket said:
How does one "mill" a radiator?
Someone is a hell of a machinist....

The term "Radiator" doesn't imply a design like a BIP, it's just what you're used to.

Top Nurse said:

Tellin ya TN, get a copper one made then have it silver plated. That much silver is gonna be a pretty big expense.

Punx_Clever said:
Tellin ya TN, get a copper one made then have it silver plated. That much silver is gonna be a pretty big expense.

After looking at the price of silver bars I am thinking you might be right. :eek: However, a copper one would look pretty nice as well if I could get it shined up all pretty and put some kind of coating over the outside. :D

nikhsub1 said:
REs' are done, waiting on the damn fittings! :mad:

Which ones you waiting for? I might know someone who would like to dump a lot of DD High flow fittings.

Back