Delrin Tube Style Res Complete!

OK, I'm still waiting on TN's parts to get here, nudge nudge. My list for the initial run is full. I suppose more could be made in the first run if more people want them. Hopefully, production will begin this week.

Do you still need an aquatube to borrow ?(I have 3) I'm down for one of the Delrez's when things go into final production.
lol..describing this reminds me of some 50's group.... 'Delrez and the optyblocks' doo-wop doo-wop oooo.....(colored girls in the background singin' oooo, babyy....)

What parts do you need from an Aquatube? ... I just pulled mine out of my case ... Something started eating the anodizing or else it was a piss poor anodizing job. I'm not happy about it.

Nobody said:
What parts do you need from an Aquatube? ... I just pulled mine out of my case ... Something started eating the anodizing or else it was a piss poor anodizing job. I'm not happy about it.
I need an aquatube and the 5.25" bay mount front plate. I think TN has sent them, at least I hope she has.

heh i know the subject has passed, but i doubt that target was only marking up by 30%... i work for a retailer (im not going to name which becuase i think one of my co-workers may read this site thought he dosent know who i am on here) , and have gotten looks at quanty priceing sheets in the past, for example, we sell raulph lauren polo shirts, normaly 65$ a pop , we can put them on sale @ 65% off with a 15% cupon and still turn a profit per shirt (on the order of about 5$ per shirt) (think about that next time you buy RL ) if we didnt turn a profit we wouldnt continue to pull them in the way we do becuase they almost never sell at regular price... EVER... we get about 300 in our littel store every other mounth this is a sub 5k sqft store, imagine what the 100K+ sqft stores do in a day...

back on topic

very nice, im looking for something like this, but im wanting it custom made, (i need more of a shallow large box shape on the order of 2"x12"x14" ) if you dont mind i'de like the source for where you got the basic plastic you used (and if you happen to have a link to something near the size im looking for that would be great) if i had a normal case i would jump all over this even at 75$ a pop its a great deal

thore

You might be able to source the Delrin from McMaster-Carr.
Just checked the site there is some product close to the size but not exact.

niksub1: I have a spare aquatube and a spare faceplate I can send you if you don't receive the ones from TN.

Please add me to the list for 1. I will send you a PM too. I didn't see a procedure for getting on the list.

Thanks

WarlordBB said:
niksub1: I have a spare aquatube and a spare faceplate I can send you if you don't receive the ones from TN.

Please add me to the list for 1. I will send you a PM too. I didn't see a procedure for getting on the list.

Thanks
I will add you... is anyone in LOS ANGELES that can send me a plate and an aquatube? TN seems to be MIA :(

The proceedure for getting on the list is to PM me.

I'm offered to send AquaTube and Plate Mounting few times but you didn't say anything about it, I'm from California so it takes a day to get to you, let me know :) oh by the way my AquaTube was modified to 1/2" ID barbs

I guess this means I should get myself an Aquatube mounting bracket.

Maybe you could have some mounts for the ressy made from opaque black plexi :) Sell them for less than an AC mount from decent grade plexi.

This is exciting (and I'm not really sure why - it's "only" a res!)

Im in LA, but I was hoping to get a rez from you lol... sorry can't help, keep up the good work though!

So, I would just be able to replace my aquatube with this and still use the P&C barbs and the LED holder I got from AC?

tbooth said:
So, I would just be able to replace my aquatube with this and still use the P&C barbs and the LED holder I got from AC?
Yes and no. The barbs on my res are bigger, that is the threading is bigger. The AC is G 1/*" and I am using G 1/4" so you could not use the old AC barbs. I am planning to make the res fit the AC mounts though.

Very nice work fella. My new mill arrives tomorrow. I to was going to do something on the same order. I love that Innvos. design . I got my lathe last week. . I am going more for a manifold type setup using 2 of them . I really like the material your using. . I believe I well use the 31/2" hex stock . I ordered ten foot lengths of 3" 31/2 and 4" . I am hoping the the 3 1/2 works the Best. The hex stock allows for a flat surfice were the barbs well go Probably 10mm compression fittings. I just had to tell ya thats some fine work keep up the good work and good luck.

I just read the thread and heres what to do. Take your finished product to a job shop and have it priced out for a quanity of 1000 units . With CNC equipment thet can turn those out fast. Have it Made In USA and advertize it as such . The 1st 1000 lot will cost a little more than the next 1000 lot. Because of the setup programming. You will sell those OUT. Its not a copy of innov. because innov is using a product that was designed for a completely differant use. No copy write problems. Sell those to DD. or swithy.

I am copying some air jet coolers that another company has and going to change them enough so that they use water. Thats why Iam buying the mill . After a get the channels and dibits so there effecient . I am going to OMC to do the CNC work on high production equipment. My wife is management in the printing industry so pakaging will be cheap in my case Call this number to get pricing on delrin rods availaible in 10' lengths and assorted colors 1-800-243-9696 Mods I hope I didn't break any rules here. The guy has a product just trying to help him out. Because some of the things that were said in this thread . I thought I would tell you this also. I am assuming you are aware of this . My best friend owns an injection molding company and if you send me one of those I will take it to him and have him price out the cost of the die thats the expensive part and than get a cost on a 1000 unit run . I think the 500ton injection molder will do the job. They make the plastic valve covers you see in performance mags. Guess who markets those. There going to do the tops for my water blocks, Its up to you. The ball is in your court. Run with it.Yes they will be Delrin in what ever colors you want.

Sell THAT product you can do it. If there's anything you have doubts about pm me. I will try to help you.

Lol..we are offering to send you 100 bux worth of stuff to help the project...what difference does it make if we are in LA or not....you need one asap, and this LA thing obviously isn't working....I have offered twice here, and won't again....you want a tube and plate then you pm me with an address and let's get this thing goin'....sheesh. Get on a list for generosity indeed.

Toonage said:
Lol..we are offering to send you 100 bux worth of stuff to help the project...what difference does it make if we are in LA or not....you need one asap, and this LA thing obviously isn't working....I have offered twice here, and won't again....you want a tube and plate then you pm me with an address and let's get this thing goin'....sheesh. Get on a list for generosity indeed.
I have the stuff I need now :D Production will commence Monday, finally! I have a little surprise as well :p

Good luck yo you . You would be foolish to use Tubing As injection molding is much cheaper. There must be some in your neck of the woods. The actual mold is the Expensive part. I would est. $3 for the injected tube than you have to drill and tap the holes. Good luck . I will see you at the Top of the Mountain.

$BangforThe$ said:
Good luck yo you . You would be foolish to use Tubing As injection molding is much cheaper. There must be some in your neck of the woods. The actual mold is the Expensive part. I would est. $3 for the injected tube than you have to drill and tap the holes. Good luck . I will see you at the Top of the Mountain.

Injection molding delrin is only cost effective if you are using high volume. These resevoirs will probably never be made in enough volume to justify the cost of creating a mold.

I said a thousand unit run . Yes the mold will Cost$5000 but than its $3 a part after that.
How do you know how many he will sell. I just telling him his options. He also owns the mold. If he sold 100 at $50= $5000 . I would buy that product especially if it comes in colors. Its a big world a good product at the right price =$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Well the mill I arrived and My maintainance man is installing it now.. I should have a proto type water block done in 2 weeks. I will test it against the Storm and If I get to 1c ITS a go... The machinest is cutting the Bore of the Hex Shaped Delrin Manifolds as we chat. Should be interesting. My case design is finalized. Now All I need Is INTELS Conroe and I well be ready.

$BangforThe$ said:
How do you know how many he will sell.
Because he said he was only making 20 or so units. :rolleyes:

I do agree that it would be much cheaper but that hardly matters since he's only doing a few units.

I've never been a fan of injection personally, but I suppose I could be convinced.... I don't know how many will eventually get made, I forsee someone (like in waterblocks) deciding to do the same thing and just take over and steal the idea. Although, it is nothing new, it is just a model of an existing res (aquatube, fass-o-matic) that is just better lol. After the intitial run, if there is more interest and the people that have received the first batch approve, meaning the quality is there and all that, I will likely have more made.

nikhsub1 said:
I've never been a fan of injection personally, but I suppose I could be convinced.... I don't know how many will eventually get made, I forsee someone (like in waterblocks) deciding to do the same thing and just take over and steal the idea. Although, it is nothing new, it is just a model of an existing res (aquatube, fass-o-matic) that is just better lol. After the intitial run, if there is more interest and the people that have received the first batch approve, meaning the quality is there and all that, I will likely have more made.

No I am not stealing your idea , Mine are hex shaped and I been workind on this PC design a long time . My parts are for my PC'S only I am not selling parts but a total system. And your design looks alot like Innvos.

CrimandEvil said:
Because he said he was only making 20 or so units. :rolleyes:

I do agree that it would be much cheaper but that hardly matters since he's only doing a few units.
I read the thread I am trying to encourage him to reach for the stars and showing him his other options.

Well, not good news regarding mounting my res to existing AC plates... it is not going to happen. Essentially, my part is about 1/8" smaller in diameter than the AC part. What I am going to do however is have plates made that are the exact size as the AC parts so those will bolt right in to where someone has an AC part. We both thought and thought (me and machinist) and decided it would be to risky to attempt to move the outer mount threads further to the outside. It is a plastic part afterall, we also thought have the six bolts is better, again because it is plastic. Never the less, things will be underway starting tomorrow. I will keep this thread updated with progress :D Thanks to nobody and Hard911 for sending me parts!

CrimandEvil said:
And their "look" alot like AC's. :rolleyes:

Ain't that the truth of it. :D Everybody rags on AC, but DD copies their name for HD coolers i.e. "Aquadrive." Thermaltake copies their Aquatube design as well and calls the mount for it an "Aquabay." Too bad AC doesn't have a big legal department, but they just keep coming up with new and better ideas to keep ahead of the pack. :p

nikhsub1 said:
Well, not good news regarding mounting my res to existing AC plates... it is not going to happen. Essentially, my part is about 1/8" smaller in diameter than the AC part. What I am going to do however is have plates made that are the exact size as the AC parts so those will bolt right in to where someone has an AC part. We both thought and thought (me and machinist) and decided it would be to risky to attempt to move the outer mount threads further to the outside. It is a plastic part afterall, we also thought have the six bolts is better, again because it is plastic. Never the less, things will be underway starting tomorrow. I will keep this thread updated with progress :D Thanks to nobody and Hard911 for sending me parts!

Any updates??

Heh I was just going to find this thread to update it! Just got off the phone with the machinist, the plastic parts are DONE!!!! Plastic meaning the res itself and the plexi glass pieces. Next step is to figure out what you guys that are on my list want in terms of mounting. Do you want the drive bay mount or the square top mount? These will be made later this week and as of yet, I don't have pricing on the mounts. If you are on the list and still want the DelRez, please let me know which mount you want. Also keep in mind, if you own an aquatube AND are going to use my tube in the aquabay, all you should need is the bay front mount, not the entire cage.

I would actually like one of each, with a preference towards the top mount....thanks for the update. I'm writing this assuming I'm on your list...........lol.

Some pics of the acrylic version. No it is not going to be available until extensive testing is done... is very solid but need to test.

mount.jpg

mount2.jpg

mount3.jpg

mount4.jpg

mount5.jpg

mount6.jpg

Ready for the bling?

lightnomount3.jpg

lightnomount2.jpg

lightnomount.jpg

lightmount2.jpg

Very nice! I think you could easily export these all over the world. Perhaps a bit more polishing would be in order, but that can easily be sorted out at a later date.

Back