Dell XPS 15z alernates

Trepidati0n

[H]F Junkie
The wife seems fairly happy with the Dell 15z as a whole. However...small issue is that they pulled the 1080p display from the drop-downs. Is there any laptop with similar specs as the 15z with the 1080p display?

Short list of key items in order of importance

i5-i7 second gen
15-16"
< 1" thick
6+ hours battery life
HDMI Port
Built in DVD R/W drive
Intel WiDi
1080p
Anti Glare Screen

The 15z seems to meet her desires except for the Anti Glare which she caved on if she can get 1080p. I've look at tons of laptops and getting information overload to the point of I'm not sure woh makes what anymore

Note: No HP, Apple, or Gateway products (she has a near genetic hate for these)

You could try keeping an eye on the Dell Outlet to see if they get any of the 1080p models in. I know a few weeks ago when my wife and I bought a 15z, the 1080p was an option. You might get one with a few scuffs/scratches on the shell, but they're at a pretty decent discount, especially if you can find a coupon code on slickdeals.net or some other deal site.

You could try keeping an eye on the Dell Outlet to see if they get any of the 1080p models in. I know a few weeks ago when my wife and I bought a 15z, the 1080p was an option. You might get one with a few scuffs/scratches on the shell, but they're at a pretty decent discount, especially if you can find a coupon code on slickdeals.net or some other deal site.

BTW...how is your 15z. This laptop seems to fill a niche that nobody else seems to want to be in.

Well, picked up a Sony VAIO S from BB today. It comes with a blu-ray drive. If you buy it right now, best buy throws in the netgear widi receiver. Not bad for $980. If I would have bundled that same that at the sony website..ugh, about $1300. Now, off to buy a slice battery.

Go to the outlet store and see if you can find one with a 1080p display....The laptop line is fairly new so they should all be in good cosmetic condition and they have a 20% off coupon that expires the 18th

Go to the outlet store and see if you can find one with a 1080p display....The laptop line is fairly new so they should all be in good cosmetic condition and they have a 20% off coupon that expires the 18th you can get one for $799

I got a 720p display HP DV6-6170US for 924 after rebate on newegg :)

Core i7 2.0ghz mobile (@2.6 in turbo atm)
6GB ram
1GB Radeon 6670
Intel HD integrated video (for low power use)
Blu Ray
2 USB 3.0
2 USB 2.0
HDMI
VGA
Gig Ethernet
Wireless N :)
Fingerprint reader :)

Cant argue with it. Lasts almost 6 hours with the current battery. ;)

Annoyance

I wonder who will be handling the support for the HP since they are selling off the PC business.

Back