Dell XPS 13 - Mandatory Glossy on i7 Model?

fn9

Weaksauce
I thought I found my dream laptop for a minute, but it seems they are only offering up to i5 in their matte, non-touch display this year! Dangit!

Is it possible there will be more processor options for this year's model? I believe it was only released fairly recently.

I don't think they'll offer Matte in i7. They expanded their range with a variant having Intel IRIS graphics recently.

Looks like it will be a Latitude 5270 for me then. i7 is worth having a little extra heft for my purposes.

Actually, going with Lenovo. Dell, you f'd up getting my money. i7 matte ftw.

I saw one in person at the store and the hi-res glossy looked rather nice and not as offensive as I assumed it would be. I do understand the desire for matte though, so good luck with the Lenovo. Watch out for those super fish. Which model did you go with?

I don't think they'll offer Matte in i7. They expanded their range with a variant having Intel IRIS graphics recently.

I saw this and was excited, but from I can tell, its only the gold color that has the IRIS. No thanks, gold for me is like glossy for the OP.

The sad thing is... consumer vs business (Dell Premier) options are quite different.

The consumer site has very limited options on the configuration of their systems.

With Dell Premier, you can get super customized configurations.

Knowing this, if I were to buy a new Dell computer, I would be contacting a sales rep and not going by what they have on their web site.

I personally find the glossy on my brother's XPS 13 to be significantly better than the store model matte one i messed with. The glare isn't horribly bad on the glossy but in turn you get better viewing angles and build.

Back