Dell xbox 360 deal

dextr3k

Gawd
So I'm considering buying a 360. And from another post I found the dell deal on the xbox 360 with halo3, forza 2, marvel ultimate alliance, and an hdmi cable.

Now I was wondering is this the Holiday bundle with halo3 and hdmi cable slapped on or is it an old Premium/Pro System with all of the extras seperate? I'm wondering because I really want to increase my chances of getting a new falcon 65nm chip.

Does anyone have any information on this deal? I'd really appreciate any info because the dell site does not explain too much. FYI im ordering from Dell.ca

This is the Link to the page that I'm looking at.

You're only saving $20 and you don't get to check out the box before you buy. If you want to have the best chance for a Falcon, go to a local store and look at the box first. Just does not seem worth it to me.

Well it says it has HDMI, so that puts the odds in your favor a bit more, but I'm not sure how many HDMI, non-falcon, models were put out there.

wishbone - thats a canadian link he has up there..so its more than 20 dollar savings. I ordered mine on thursday and for some reason my order is all messed up. It's saying its not going to ship until the 17th which I am quite pissed about. I called dell about this and they didn't know why and they said they would get back to me... they still havnt..

As for the falcon, I'm not too sure.

Foz

well, its basically I would be getting a free halo3 and an hdmi cable for the same price I would pay at the local BB or futureshop.

So thats close to 80-100 that I would be saving total if I didnt jump on this deal. But reading some of the posts falcons are still pretty hard to come by these days.

Anyways thanks for the replies, I'll update on what I decide to do.

Even checking the boxes, there is still no guarantee you'll get a Falcon. The only way to know definitively, is to check the power consumption rating on the sticker. If it says 175watt, it's a Falcon, if it says 203watt, it might be a Falcon if the lot number is higher than 734. Still, there are guys who are getting lot 741's and 742's who are reporting Zephyrs and not Falcons so it's anyone's guess at this point if the sticker says 203watt. Only caveat, is I have yet to see any box have the 175watt rating in my area (Oklahoma).

Just to let you know though, as long as it has HDMI, it will be a Zephyr board which have the revised heatsinks and much less chance of RROD and have proven to be much more reliable if that is why you are looking for a Falcon.

OP, your order will not ship til the 17th of December. They advertise it will ship in 1-2 days, then afer you order it you get an email saying it wont ship til the 17th, I called Dell and said that this is very misleading and the dickhead on the phone said well "usually" could mean anything.

Not a happy customer.... deciding if I should wait and get the free halo and cable or go to bestbuy today and pick one up. My new TV needs some use.

Foz

Yeah, I saw those posts, basically 3 weeks wait if i wanted to get one, with another influx of orders I doubt I'll even be able to get a box before xmas.

Finally broke down because I wanted to play for the free time during xmas. Went to bestbuy and picked up a pro holiday bundle. And guess what, falcon chip! I'm happy that I will be able to enjoy my xbox. I must say knowing I have a falcon is worth more to me than halo3.

for any of those wondering, Im located in Ottawa, Canada. The box I got was: Team CSON, Lot 740, Manufature date Oct 9, 2007. It also came with a 203w power brick.

Thanks for the posts guys, hope those of you that ordered a dell bundle will get yours before xmas!

Back