Dell Vostro 15" Core 2 Duo Laptop w/ 2GB, 160GB - $549 shipped

Theres a very worthwhile upgrade for $55, a 200GB 7200RPM hdd. 7200rpm alone is worth $55, and a 200gb is the icing on the cake. Nice deal, its a little ugly but with some upgrades it can be fast enough.

I would be using it for college and for photography (when I'm away for my desktop).

Good deal.

$549 config specs:
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5270 (1.4GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache)
Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA LCD Display
2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz, 2 DIMM
160GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
8X CD/DVD Burner w/ double-layer DVD+R write capability, w/ Roxio Creator
Intel® Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
Dell Exclusive MediaDirect™ Instant Play Software Application
Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Wi-Fi Mini Card
56 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Microsoft® Works 8.5 Does NOT Include MS Word
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader
Free Microsoft Office Live Basics
1 Year Limited Hardware Warranty with Mail-in Service

I'm tempted, but BF is coming up soon.

Ooh man.... I've been wanting a laptop for a while and this one looks pretty darn tempting. Anyone have any sort of coupons they'd be willing to share with me (if you're not using them of course)? I just might bite on this one. I don't really need much in a laptop but with a fresh install of XP Pro (extra key), and Office 2007 (my dad has quite a few extras of that) it'd be a great school computer.

I picked up a Vosto 1500 for $649.00 a few months ago. It's the same basic system only it included the following upgrades:

T5470
120GB 7200 RPM
8600M GT
9 Cell

I've been looking for another deal like it. At one time, the 8600M GT was only a $99.00 upgrade. Now it's $199.00 (which seems a little steep). The system works awesome. I use it for work and playing games...

I've been looking for another deal like it. At one time, the 8600M GT was only a $99.00 upgrade

Ive been in the market for a laptop and looking at dell alot lately. The 8600m GT seems to be a $199 upgrade on the cheaper models but $99 on the more expensive models. If theyd have it as a $99 upgrade on one of these great deals, Id quit looking and buy one.

i almost bought a $649 vostro too but Best Buy had a Sony Vaio for the same price so i went for that instead lol.

Vostro's are without a doubt nice laptops but if you want an even hotter deal then just keep an eye on Best Buy.

id love to get the 399 vaio on Black Friday but i know theres gonna be all the fucking ebay / craigslist wankers camping outside to get them all.

Yeah, I wont even set foot in a retail store on Black Friday. There's no way in hell you're gonna' get my tryptophan coma induced ass outside and shopping at 3:00am for a "chance" to purchase a cheap laptop. I would rather pay the couple hundred dollars more and order something online; my sanity is worth more. Besides, Christmas is nothing more than a corporate created holiday to boost 4th quarter profits. Instead of Christmas, we should celebrate "living" by purchasing gifts for each other year round. Granted, we wouldn't need the forest killing/lead poisoned wrapping paper...

Back