Dell Ultrasharp IPS monitor sale

I got my U2311H as well today and it's also a rev A01. I don't notice any tinting (checked on white and gray screens) or black light bleed (except for maybe a quarter sized spot in the upper left). Also gaming is noticeably better than on the EA231WMI that I returned (maybe not up to 2ms TN speeds but coming from a CRT previously the motion blur I noticed when on the NEC actually bothered my eyes). I'll definitely be keeping this one.

There is virtually no input lag with this monitor. Response times rival TN panels... It's very excellent for gaming and media.

Yep, same deal for me :D

Odd, I seem to have a headache with this new monitor...my eyes even hurt alittle. We'll see as the week goes by...

Try turning your brightness down; a lot of people use a brightness somewhere between 30-45.

Edit:

Might as well give some of these a shot first (may not help but no harm in trying) -

Set sharpness to 40 or 50
Brightness 20-40
Contrast 70-80
Mode - RGB/PC/Graphics
Preset - Custom RGB

And readjust cleartype

Play around with those settings and find something that looks good to you. You should go to Lagoom (just google it) to adjust and calibrate your monitor.

Last edited:
I just used the settings on tftcentral since I'm too lazy/cheap to go get a colorimeter and whatnot.

The satisfaction policy varies between their PC's and their Monitors in some places. The Ultrasharp monitors have a very different policy than most of their other warranties. I've had QC issues with a of monitor my dad had and it was just a matter of picking of the phone. The following day my dad had a new monitor sitting on the doorstep for him.

It's not speaking much to product quality, but there are stories floating on [H] of people ordering a bunch of U2311's and swapping them out 3 or 4 or 5 times until they have panels they like. The fact that people at [H] are willing to go through such an exchange period for a monitor is something I found interesting.

That's why I didn't buy one. I like the U2410 better than the U22/U23/U27 monitors.
U24/U3011 FTW. The U27s have QC issues also.

u2410 had some QC issues when it first came out as well (I definitely remember reading about many with tinting problems). I'm sure the newer Dell monitors will all improve as they go through further revisions like the U2410 has.

We wanted to let you know that there is a delay with one or more items in your order.

Based on the latest available information, we have adjusted the estimated delivery date
and are confident your order will be delivered on or before this new date.
(see Revised Estimated Delivery Date below)

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.
Estimated Delivery Date: 9/30/2010 (updated)
Aww come on don't do this to me again. I had to wait forever to get my first 2 U2311H's.

Goran when did you order? I ordered a couple days ago and estimated delivery is the 29th.

Picked mine up yesterday. Will let you all know how it worked out. Set to arrive on Thursday

Mine is awesome so far. I have noticed the improved response time over my PVA panel. What have been the complaints and how do I look for them?

Back