Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP banding and other issues

Neutrino

Gawd
I would like to ask a few questions for the ones of you that have experience with the 3007WFP 30" from dell:

Are they known to have any banding issues in gradients? I'm also upgrading from a 2405FPW will I lose anything in the change beside the extra cash (I would hate to pay more for a monitor with lesser image quality)? Are there any other issues i should be aware about this monitor?

Thank you in advance for all your replies :)

The 2405 did have some banding issues if I recall, so I can see why you would be cautious with the 3007. However, there have been no reported banding issues on this monitor that I have seen, and I have read every bit of info I can find on it.

The panel is an S-IPS unit with very good color reproduction and viewing angles. I consider it to be better than the Dell 2405 personally. I would also argue that despite higher posted response times, on average it is more responsive than the 2405 as well (LCD transition times G2G etc).

If you want the same quality panel, but in a 24" size, the HP LP2465 is the way to go. Newegg currently has it for $750-30 rebate.

Yeah you are right on the money I experienced some issues with banding in the past so I'm very careful now. Banding really bugs me.

Btw I hope games won't look bad on this monitor at lower than native rez such as 1900X1200 because I doubt my 1950Pro can handle games at 2500x1600. Of course the native rez will be perfect for multitasking which is my primary reason for buying it.

I just got a new one 2 days ago. I think I can see a little banding if I try to specifically create it. In everyday use I don’t think you’d every see it though.

As for non-native res gaming, I’m not hardcore & what I’ve seen so far looks pretty good – defiantly not as good as native but I personally wouldn’t hesitate to game on it.

So far I really like it. I just posted a mini review here: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1158708

Shemp

oh yes I've seen your post, I'm actually about to try what you did and see if i can talk them down to your price.

Back