Dell UltraSharp 2209WA color uniformity thread.

MagicMan84

Limp Gawd
I'm starting this thread to get to the facts regarding this monitor. Some people have reported a problem with tint shift from the left to the right side of the display.

I just received my Dell 2209WA, I noticed right away a grayish/yellow tint on the right side of my monitor.

Are there any current or previous 2209WA owners who have received a monitor with this problem, returned it for an exchange, and then received a perfect monitor in return?

If you "don't have this problem" with your 2209WA and have never had to return a "faulty one", this thread is not for you. Please reply only if you've seen this problem and got it fixed through an exchange, or if you purchased several of them to see that one had the problem and one didn't.

Reason is, I'm wondering if some people simply see it while others don't.

I went with the refurb for the $170 something price, expecting something to be wrong with it but maybe get lucky.

The first one I got had a stuck pixel, not a huge surprise, probably the main reason it was returned in the first place. However I also noticed a very slight yellow/orange tint on one of the sides I only had it for a few days, can't remember.

I decided to play the return game and try to go for another one with less problems. Replacement came in quick, no stuck or dead pixels, no color uniformity from what I can tell. The other one WAS noticeable, this one is not. The only thing wrong with this one was it had some fools greasy fingerprints on the right side. A good clean and all was well.

I think I just got lucky.

I went with the refurb for the $170 something price, expecting something to be wrong with it but maybe get lucky.

The first one I got had a stuck pixel, not a huge surprise, probably the main reason it was returned in the first place. However I also noticed a very slight yellow/orange tint on one of the sides I only had it for a few days, can't remember.

I decided to play the return game and try to go for another one with less problems. Replacement came in quick, no stuck or dead pixels, no color uniformity from what I can tell. The other one WAS noticeable, this one is not. The only thing wrong with this one was it had some fools greasy fingerprints on the right side. A good clean and all was well.

I think I just got lucky.

Thank you, this is just the kind of reply I was looking for.

Reading the other threads on the 2209WA, I have seen people report that they have the monitor and don't see any problems at all. The reason why those type of post are useless to me is because I invited two guest to view my own 2209WA. Both said, "I see no problems at all". Well..., I do see a problem, perhaps some people wouldn't even notice it, which is why I only wanted to hear from people who have seen it, but then were able to get a replacement which no longer had the uniformity problem.

I have also seen threads of someone having had two of these 229WA's, and both having the same problem. I didn't know whether or not it was bad luck, or if all of these monitors share the same design flaw and only some people could notice it...

Your post gives me hope that I'll be able to get a better panel through the return process, since you report that your placement no longer had the problem.

Note: The guest did eventually see the slight uniformity, but only after I did a side-by-side comparison of my old 19" monitor which has perfect uniformity.

Back