Dell UltraSharp 2007FP 20-inch $86.64

sequoia

Limp Gawd
Hi all,
Just want to share that I just bought Dell UltraSharp 2007FP 20-inch Flat Panel Monitor for $86.64, use coupon WINTER25DELL until 1/29. This is a refurb of older model, but it has 1600x1200 dpi. I called Dell and make sure the model I ordered has IPS panel.

Link: http://www.dfsdirectsales.com

Thanks
Chris

Note that DFS Direct Sales is Dell's off-lease liquidation site. Everything sold on that site sat in someone's cubicle for 3+ years and is used. That being said, I purchased both a 2407WFP and 2408WFP from that site and had pretty good luck and got great deals. Just note you are indeed buying used product.

Correct, this is a refurb - not new. Having said that, I also had bought 2 2007 in the past 2 yrs, and they are still working fine. Screen were perfect with no dead pixel. This would be my 3rd 2007 to complete my triple monitor setup :) This deal is not for everyone. I use these for mainly coding, those 1200 dpi does come handy.

1,920,000 DOTS PER INCH?!?!? HOLYYYY!!!! Must be military class tech...

I have two of these, one on either side of my 3007WFP-HC and pixel size is an almost perfect match between panels. Tough to beat a 1200x1600 (portrait) display for snapping full size text windows.

I have two of these, one on either side of my 3007WFP-HC and pixel size is an almost perfect match between panels. Tough to beat a 1200x1600 (portrait) display for snapping full size text windows.

Yep, this is awesome :D

Have had 2 of these since they came out, and then the 30" dell whenit came out... the 30 is finally dieing, the 2 of these def. have lost brightness but still work fine :)

I've always dreamed of having this setup. One day, maybe. Right now I have a 27" korean panel with a 2005wfp in portrait. I do not like the height mismatch.

Stupid people at work are throwing these out in favor of shiny new 1920x1080p 24" screens.
Moar screens for me :cool:

DSC02185_resize.jpg~original

Argh so tempting. I have an old 2001FP 20" I am using as a second monitor. I'd love to get a matching set of IPS 20" monitors for a 3 monitor setup. But there is just no room on my desk for that setup. But the 20" 1200x1600 monitor fit perfectly with a 30" 2560x1600 monitor. It all lines up nearly perfectly.

Today is my lucky day!

I've been wanting three of these. This is a good price, and I believe I got the last three - because when I go back it says they are out of stock!

Thanks OP for the link!

I have a Dell 3014 at home so I can try 2 of these 20's on the side and I bought the third in case I want to play with tri screen gaming on my GTX 670. I'm a big fan of these 2007 units - I have one on my work desk right now and like WhoBeDaPlayer says - these are way better than the typical 24" TN panel fodder IMO (which I also have on my work desk)

The site has constantly changing inventory so if the item you want is not currently available, check back later.

Man they are out of stock again. I want a 2007FP as I have a U3014 and 1 2001FP that I would like to replace with 2 2007FPs.

Damnit!
So I went to get this to put next to my U2410, but I ended up buying a u2410 for 162.17
Meh...

Thanks OP and File. Bought (2) to flank a U3011 at work. Thanks.

Sub-Total $170.00
Shipping & Handling $35.98
Shipping/Coupon Discount - $34.00
Sales Tax $10.75
Order Total $182.73

used code DELL20MON

How to tell if IPS when you get it? Edit: more info here http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1111100
"S" for Samsung (PVA in 2007 series).
"L" for LG (S-IPS in 2007 series).

service menu access: hold down + and menu, then press power. once on, press - to see the menu.

Possible to game PLP with Nvidia yet?

Last edited:
WetMacula,

PLP doesn't seem to be an option on anything newer than directx 9 with http://softth.net/

Neither AMD nor Nvidia has built it into their drivers yet...perhaps they won't. Reading through threads on this just yesterday - it seems it would take a total rework of the display driver platform.

I just read that. :( Need to figure out how to run 3 monitors off a Dell T3500 (only has 1 quadro fx580 but I spy 2 pcie slots). Only want the ability to run 3 displays. Got 2x 580's laying around that may fit but the existing PSU is probably not beefy enough. Other option is to build a micro atx or itx computer and clone the (2) spinners on the work puter onto 1 ssd. Really want to try the 250 case from corsair but a 580 only supports 2 displays. No easy/cheap way to do this.

Can I use an itx board with onboard video and 1x 580 to get 3 monitors working at the same time?

Edit: nevermind. cancelled my order. should be 2 more now if anyone is looking.

Last edited:
Thanks OP and File. Bought (2) to flank a U3011 at work. Thanks.

Sub-Total $170.00
Shipping & Handling $35.98
Shipping/Coupon Discount - $34.00
Sales Tax $10.75
Order Total $182.73

used code DELL20MON

How to tell if IPS when you get it? Edit: more info here http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1111100
"S" for Samsung (PVA in 2007 series).
"L" for LG (S-IPS in 2007 series).

service menu access: hold down + and menu, then press power. once on, press - to see the menu.

Possible to game PLP with Nvidia yet?

service menu stats on first of 3 -

hours 63210 and minutes 10.
ha....I guess these things really do last 100,000 hours ish. Cause this one still looks fine.

second display has 63103 hours and 35 minutes.

Third display has a problem with yellow in the corners and will be sent back.
When compared with the 3014 out of the box - the 2007's are not nearly as good of quality, but as side monitors in portrait mode they will work just fine.

Right now I have AVS forum on one side, and Hardforum on the second side and my working window in the middle on the 30". That's pretty slick.

SAM UXGA LTM201U1 -
LPL UXGA LM201U05 -

I'm pretty sure even though they are both different panels they are both IPS. I can get immediately below the image on both and don't see any purplish tint or off color distortion.

2 more to check....

Last edited:
Seriously?? I had 2 of these for sale, plus a 19" and a 17"... all Dell UltraSharp, FP and FPV models. Excellent condition.

Not a single bite at $50 each in FS/FT or on Craigslist. (I did get offers for $20-$30, lol)
Yet almost $90 for refurb is a good deal?
:rolleyes:

<EDIT>
No, I don't still have the monitors for sale, lol. Long since gone. A professional picker took them at my pre-foreclosure moving sale... 5 monitors, a BNIB Antec 900, and many many other parts for a mere $75. It still brings a tear to my eye, lol.

Last edited:
Seriously?? I had 2 of these for sale, plus a 19" and a 17"... all Dell UltraSharp, FP and FPV models. Excellent condition.

Not a single bite at $50 each in FS/FT or on Craigslist. (I did get offers for $20-$30, lol)
Yet almost $90 for refurb is a good deal?
:rolleyes:

Your monitors don't fit nearly perfectly next to a 30".

Your monitors don't fit nearly perfectly next to a 30".

You missed where I stated that I had 2 of this exact monitor (to which the thread is referring... 2007FP).

For the record, I was not bitchn' or whinin'... just stating how life can be ironic sometimes.

"Party on Wayne".

You missed where I stated that I had 2 of this exact monitor (to which the thread is referring... 2007FP).

For the record, I was not bitchn' or whinin'... just stating how life can be ironic sometimes.

"Party on Wayne".

From expirence, selling monitors is really hard. No one trusts how anyone packs and insurance claims for lcd's always get denied for some reason.

"Party on Wayne".

Oh I see. It depends on where you live too. In Los Angeles, I would have no problem at least getting bites from people.

I got mine. I like having 3 of these in landscape, but now tempted to have 5 in portrait lol...Dell has some more of these monitors if anyone still interested. A full disclosure here, I do not work for Dell :)

I can't shit or get off the pot. Just placed another order. Used code FEB20DELL which knocks 20% off each item.

Can I run (1) GTX580 and the onboard output at the same time, to drive 3 monitors? Want to build an ITX for work with PLP.

I just received mine. 60624 hours. LM201U05. Looks like I got an IPS. Pretty good deal for me. I have 2 2007's flanking a 3008. I also have an older Soyo MVA 24 inch with the MVA panel that I will put on top of the 3008. I don't game, so FPS doesn't matter to me.

I received (2) 2007FPB samsung PVA panels, A02 revision, made in mexico, 65,000 hours, each with vga, dvi-d, and power cables. These were old enough that Dell had not yet obscured the panel manufacturer on top of the service menu. The panel faces and housings look great. Fed-ex requires indirect signature. Packing is excellent.

I prefer these PVA panels over the IPS on the U3011.

hi0Calp.jpg

HzJGBbn.jpg

Last edited:
I received (2) 2007FPB samsung PVA panels, A02 revision, made in mexico, 65,000 hours, each with vga, dvi-d, and power cables. These were old enough that Dell had not yet obscured the panel manufacturer on top of the service menu. The panel faces and housings look great. Fed-ex requires indirect signature. Packing is excellent.

I prefer these PVA panels over the IPS on the U3011.

hi0Calp.jpg

HzJGBbn.jpg

How do I get to that menu? I have 3 old ones I want to check, and waiting on my new one.

Todd

See post 18.

Seems like these things have gone up in price since then.

Anyone have a good source on more? One of mine has a slightly yelllow tint to it now and I'd like to replace it.

I've gotten 6 on ebay for around 40-60 shipped each depending on condition.

I just snagged one on dellrefurbished.com using the promo in this thread:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1862977

It was $75 after taxes. I got free shipping with mine too. There are probably cheaper ones around on eBay like the previous poster said, but $75 out the door is good enough for me for a 1600x1200 panel.

These were tempting to me to go next to my 3008wfp, but with 40" 4k's being relatively cheap now the appeal is gone.

Yeah, mine is just going to be used for a raspberry pi 2 / other computing work when I need it. I'm happy with my 27" 1440p main monitor :)

Back