Dell U3415W discussion - 21:9 UltraWide (3440x1440)

Just got my shipping notification. Fedex must be re-using tracking numbers because when I clicked on the link it showed it had been delivered on 02/07/2014. ;)

My is on truck for delivery, probably will have to pick it up unless when I am home for lunch for an hour that FedEx comes by. Otherwise will be picking it up at the Fedex depot tonight.

Mine was delivered about 2 hours ago, but I'm stuck at the office for at least 6 more hours :(

dude what state are you in? im on the west coast and no delivery yet...ohh yah, tracking says on vehicle for delivery..first test will be Pron!!!:D

enyownz posted a link to someone who did a great photo spread for this http://www.chiphell.com/thread-1186728-1-1.html

I don't game at all so I'm hoping to use hdmi off the motherboard with my i5 4670 to drive it. Will wait until the next gen GPUs come out but probably will go for a 970 or its equivalent if I get a gaming bug. Pixel count for 3440x1440 is 4,953,600, about 25% higher than 2560x1600 (4,096,000). FPS should be about 25% lower given the same video card on both.

i am going to buy this monitor after exams. but i wonder if it will work with consoles. i am mostly a pc gamer but like to play exclusive titles sometimes aswell!

i am going to buy this monitor after exams. but i wonder if it will work with consoles. i am mostly a pc gamer but like to play exclusive titles sometimes aswell!

One of the user videos or pics I saw of it showed someone using it with a PS4. For me, it was never a question of would it work, but how it would work (i.e black bars on the side or full screen)... The pic showed both the PS4 menu and the game the "The Last of Us" in full screen and it did not look stretched.

I should get mine in a few days/weeks ( Europe ). I will come to make my review as well.

Videos on this screen :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGErDggu0WQ
http://www.56.com/u50/v_MTMwOTcyODE1.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x16L0e3vv6Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C_o4CDH134

=> Pictures : http://www.chiphell.com/thread-1186728-1-1.html

HDMI (version 2.0), MHL, mini-DisplayPort, DisplayPort (version 1.2), une sortie DisplayPort (MST), 4 ports USB 3.0 descendants et 2 ports USB 3.0 montants.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a video on splitting the screen size and what options we will have? The LG has some pretty nifty options and wanted to see this feature in actions on the DELL.

From The site
=======
More connectivity features allow you to multitask on-screen or game without interruption.
Easily display content from two different PCs at the same time with the Picture-by-picture or Picture-in-picture features, via the USB 3.0 upstream ports. Plus enjoy the convenience of using just one keyboard and mouse to navigate content from both PCs
Maximize your multitasking by connecting multiple monitors and peripherals for massive screen real estate
View seamlessly across multiple monitors by placing the thinnest edges side-by-side for an enhanced viewing experience
Connect your smartphone or tablet to your monitor using Mini DisplayPort, or use HDMI 2.0 to get the best of the Internet and your favorite apps by displaying in full 21:9 aspect ratio
Stay organized between applications, emails and windows on one screen using Dell Easy Arrange
Customize your viewing experience with adjustable height, tilt and swivel options

damn, i called ergotron, none of these will work for glass desk! it'll eventually crack it, now i gotta research if people have modified the clamps by inserting rubber/or pieces of wood between the glass desk and clamp, only other option is wall mounts which i dont want to drill a hole into haha

if anyone has modified their ergotrons for glass desks, plz reply thx

What stands have people ordered for their dell's? I'm looking to get one that so it can fit as flush as possible against the back wall of my desk

Couldn't get the guys at Dell UK to move much on there website price like you America guys.There best price they could do was £831 saving roughly £50 on the list price on Dell UK.

Now I am sure that doesn't sound bad but on Amazon UK it's £703 which is like £180 difference. I asked if they could match the price on Amazon and they said they couldn't. Crazy considering they make the monitor wth.gif.

The only thing is that it isn't in stock on Amazon UK yet says it will be dispatched in 2 to 3 weeks but with such a big saving it would be worth the wait. I am also waiting on 960 cards from Nvidia anyway.

With such big savings, it would make sense to buy it from Amazon. Besides, they have an awesome return policy so if there were any problems, they would take care of it right away.

Does anyone have a video on splitting the screen size and what options we will have? The LG has some pretty nifty options and wanted to see this feature in actions on the DELL.

From The site
=======
More connectivity features allow you to multitask on-screen or game without interruption.
Easily display content from two different PCs at the same time with the Picture-by-picture or Picture-in-picture features, via the USB 3.0 upstream ports. Plus enjoy the convenience of using just one keyboard and mouse to navigate content from both PCs
Maximize your multitasking by connecting multiple monitors and peripherals for massive screen real estate
View seamlessly across multiple monitors by placing the thinnest edges side-by-side for an enhanced viewing experience
Connect your smartphone or tablet to your monitor using Mini DisplayPort, or use HDMI 2.0 to get the best of the Internet and your favorite apps by displaying in full 21:9 aspect ratio
Stay organized between applications, emails and windows on one screen using Dell Easy Arrange
Customize your viewing experience with adjustable height, tilt and swivel options

I don't know what the LG had, but you can see the different configurations on page 47 of the User's Guide link in the first post.

bad batch incoming?

i hope this is just 1 bad monitor instead of them all having this kind of backlightbleed

check post 195: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/[monitor]-dell-u3415w-4901448-13.html

Why to people insist on taking pictures of their monitors to show backlight bleed? What you see from a camera sensor looks NOTHING like what you see with your eyes. Every IPS screen looks horrible when you snap a camera pic on a black background.

I have 4 monitors surrounding me, none of which have anything but a slight IPS glow, but if I take a picture with my 70D or iPhone 6 it will look just like those pics (or worse).

Yes, I'm looking forward to some reviews of this, although the Good Idea side of me keeps reminding me that I should wait for a second-gen version with USB 3.1 built-in.

uuggg im having trouble...my monitor says no dp cable, i even tried using hdmi connection and that doesnt work..i have a sapphire 7970 radeon, that cant be the reason can it? anything else i can try tonight before i call dell tomorrow? TIA

uuggg im having trouble...my monitor says no dp cable, i even tried using hdmi connection and that doesnt work..i have a sapphire 7970 radeon, that cant be the reason can it? anything else i can try tonight before i call dell tomorrow? TIA

Don't know about the HDMI issue, but DP and mini DP have their own inputs. I believe the supplied cable should be a mini DP cable so you should select that input.

This monitor has the perfect size and the perfect pixel density.
The price is also reasonable.

I got mine yesterday and it was by far the best monitor purchase I've ever made. The picture is beyond amazing. I do have slight blb on the top left but nothing that will bother me too much. I replaced my u2713hm with this and don't regret it at all.

Measured input lag from hdmi input (1080p Leo Bodnar device) 10.1 ms. Top 2.5 ms, middle 10.2 ms, bottom 17.5 ms.

Quick question should I use the hdmi or displayport for my setup. I am using HDMI right now and its working just fine, figure to get your guys opinion on which could be better.

Also here is a pic of it last night:

7B48VMK.jpg

Well unless you have a newer videocard with HDMI 2.0, then you'll be capped at 30 fps using HDMI. If that's the case, then move to DP.

For people who got theirs already, what cables does it come with? Displayport?

From their site:

What's in the box
Monitor with stand
Cable cover
Power cable
DP cable (Mini-DP to DP)
HDMI cable
USB 3.0 upstream cable (enables the USB port on the monitor)
Drivers and documentation media
Factory Calibration report
Quick setup guide
Safety Information

From their site:

What's in the box
Monitor with stand
Cable cover
Power cable
DP cable (Mini-DP to DP)
HDMI cable
USB 3.0 upstream cable (enables the USB port on the monitor)
Drivers and documentation media
Factory Calibration report
Quick setup guide
Safety Information

LOL, I was going to do the exact same thing.

Back