Dell U3011 coming soon.

Received the Dell u3011 yesterday, which was manufactured Jan 2012 rev A05. Just called for return authorization numbers because the back light bleeds on this one is bad and it was not a worthy upgrade from 3007wfp to get an exchange. Wish Dell would have better quality control.

couple questions
Is next gen dell 30" coming out soon? maybe they will name it U3013?
Will single Nvidia 580 enough for this monitor for gaming at max graphic setting for most game?

Thanks

couple questions
Is next gen dell 30" coming out soon? maybe they will name it U3013?
Will single Nvidia 580 enough for this monitor for gaming at max graphic setting for most game?

Thanks

The last one was the U3007...they don't seem to release them every year.

I am in the market for one and wondering how you guys get it for $999?
the lowest I see is about $1200

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/25.htm#new_lgdisplay_panels

TFT Central has recently posted an article outlining the forthcoming LG panels. From the articles table, these two new panels may be of interest:

LM300WQ6 30" AH-IPS 2560 x 1600 350 1000:1 178/178 Adobe RGB W-LED Q3 2012
LM270WQ3 27" AH-IPS 2560 x 1440 350 1000:1 178/178 Adobe RGB W-LED Q2 2012

They appear to be the updates to the current panels used in the Ultrasharp 27" and 30" ranges. It's worthy of noting that the new panels will have Adobe RGB colour(I'm Canadian :p) space, despite being W-LED back lit. Also, they're being dubbed "AH-IPS" panels, which is the process used for iPhone screens.

So it looks like Dell will be clearing inventory with sales to make room for the updated monitors using these new panels, so you can anticipate frequent promotions, but if you're in no rush; it may be worth waiting to see what the new models offer.

How low do you think they will go? I'd love to get my hands on one but $1k is way more than I can justify on a monitor.

so it looks like they are bringing LED versions of the U2711 and U3011?

i'm betting they will call it U2713 or U3013...something like that :)

How low do you think they will go? I'd love to get my hands on one but $1k is way more than I can justify on a monitor.

Dell Canada currently has the 27" on sale for $699, so if that's any indicator... it may go for as little as $650 later on in the United States of America

You should probably not expect the new U2713 before the end of the 4th fiscal quarter of 2012, at the earliest. The U3013 will probably not arrive until sometime between late 1st fiscal quarter to early 2nd fiscal quarter of 2013. Worth noting is that there are also two additional AH-IPS panels in the 24" size and 1920x1200 resolution, one with sRGB and the other with Adobe RGB. They could serve as an excellent alternative for anyone interested in the 16:10 aspect ratio but not wanting to move up all the way to a 30" display.

You should probably not expect the new U2713 before the end of the 4th fiscal quarter of 2012, at the earliest. The U3013 will probably not arrive until sometime between late 1st fiscal quarter to early 2nd fiscal quarter of 2013. Worth noting is that there are also two additional AH-IPS panels in the 24" size and 1920x1200 resolution, one with sRGB and the other with Adobe RGB. They could serve as an excellent alternative for anyone interested in the 16:10 aspect ratio but not wanting to move up all the way to a 30" display.

Oh okay, what makes you say this? Any proof to back up your statement?

I'm just curious thats all....I'm not saying my statement is right either...But I'm just wondering what makes you say a U3013 isn't coming out soon

Oh okay, what makes you say this? Any proof to back up your statement?

I'm just curious thats all....I'm not saying my statement is right either...But I'm just wondering what makes you say a U3013 isn't coming out soon

The tft-central link shows the 27" panel going into production Q2 2012 and 30" in Q3. Seems like he's assuming 2Q from panel production to dell monitor production, which seems reasonable.

Well I have an update on my Dell U3011.

It was running strong for the past few months with no issues other than a slight display port problem where I had to unplug the monitor to connect to my PC.

Now it looks like I have two dead pixels in the bottom middle of my monitor about one inch above the Dell logo. I noticed it when I was reading black text on a white background. I did everything I could to remedy the situation, by using software that might be able to fix the pixels, but nothing has worked. I also used the software to check for other dead pixels and luckily found none.

I was quite upset when I discovered this. I've only had this monitor for about five months and I already have two dead pixels. This is a concern for me because I bought this monitor as an investment that I was planning on keeping for five years. If any more than 7 pixels end up dead on this monitor, I will return it, and go back to a typical cheap TN display. I can't stomach another $1500 hit if this happens again.

Cheers

What kind of a visual difference should we expect with these new LG panels?

TFT Central has recently posted an article outlining the forthcoming LG panels. From the articles table, these two new panels may be of interest:

They appear to be the updates to the current panels used in the Ultrasharp 27" and 30" ranges. It's worthy of noting that the new panels will have Adobe RGB colour(I'm Canadian :p) space, despite being W-LED back lit. Also, they're being dubbed "AH-IPS" panels, which is the process used for iPhone screens.

So it looks like Dell will be clearing inventory with sales to make room for the updated monitors using these new panels, so you can anticipate frequent promotions, but if you're in no rush; it may be worth waiting to see what the new models offer.

Dam & I wanted to get an NEC PA301. Well I still might do it, if I could find a gtx 680 to power it

Just received a replacement monitor for my Dell u3011 purchased about a year ago. It started making a very noticeable buzzing noise from the back of the monitor near the power supply. Another issue was pink and yellow tinting on certain areas of the screen. The tinting was clearly visible when using productivity applications and Eclipse in full screen. For example, in Word the leftmost page of a document would be pinkish, the middle perfect, and the right yellowish.

The replacement is an A06 revision manufactured in January 2012, my original was an A03 revision. Even though its refurbished, I was very surprised to see that the monitor displays white uniformly across the whole screen with the calibrated sRGB preset. Also, from what I could tell there aren't any stuck or dead pixels.

Very interesting.. But the resolution is confusing. I would have expected double the resolution in a AH-IPS panel.. Is about time for new tech, U3011 is at it's prime and needs a successor soon.

Very interesting.. But the resolution is confusing. I would have expected double the resolution in a AH-IPS panel.. Is about time for new tech, U3011 is at it's prime and needs a successor soon.

I was thinking the same as you as well (on the resolution bump) but then I realized even the new iPad only has 2048x1536, so while the capability to produce even higher res screens may be there - I'm guessing there really won't be a content-driven demand for it without Apple or some other big ecosystem requiring it or pushing it as a new standard (this of course does not include the regular graphics pros that always want more, i.e. design shops or photo editors) and it may ultimately beg the question on whether any of the new video cards could push anything beyond 2560x1600 yet anyway.

Hey guys I just received my new U3011 today. Its a Rev A05 made Feb 2012 in Mexico. I'm looking for some advice.

After unboxing it seems like I have 1 dead pixel. I tried flicking/rubbing it out but it hasn't worked.

Should I return/exchange it? How is the dell monitor exchange carousel these days? My last monitor was a 2007wfp and I guess I lucked out that time with a perfect monitor. Thanks.

Hey guys I just received my new U3011 today. Its a Rev A05 made Feb 2012 in Mexico. I'm looking for some advice.

After unboxing it seems like I have 1 dead pixel. I tried flicking/rubbing it out but it hasn't worked.

Should I return/exchange it? How is the dell monitor exchange carousel these days? My last monitor was a 2007wfp and I guess I lucked out that time with a perfect monitor. Thanks.

yes exchange it asap...they should give you a new replacement with free cross shipping

hello, long time lurker, first time poster.

I bought a dell U3011 from DELL but exchanged it because of severe backlight bleed and a blemish on the bezel.

received my replacement monitor a couple days ago and found:

Backlight bleeding on the top edge that's noticeable during dark screens. no TN panels that I've owned have suffered from bleeding which is unacceptable with a monitor of this caliber.

Pink tint in the bottom middle! it's absolutely ugly to look at.

bezel came with two rub marks. on each side of the dell logo.

can anybody with this monitor chime in on the backlight bleeding? is it normal for this model?

thank you,
aztech

I bought a dell U3011 from DELL but exchanged it because of severe backlight bleed and a blemish on the bezel.

Backlight bleeding on the top edge that's noticeable during dark screens. no TN panels that I've owned have suffered from bleeding which is unacceptable with a monitor of this caliber.

can anybody with this monitor chime in on the backlight bleeding? is it normal for this model?

thank you,
aztech

its pretty common...and I've been lurking around this U3011 thread for quite some time now...sometimes its alot of back light bleed...and that could be a manufacture defective...or sometimes it can be just due to the size of the monitor...30 inches is ALOT of space, and things become more noticeable.

yes exchange it asap...they should give you a new replacement with free cross shipping

Just an update. I got my replacement U3011 today. No dead/stuck pixels! The monitor is flawless :D

thank you,
aztech

Hey sorry to hear your replacement is bad as well. Looking at my monitor there is a bit of bleed on the right corner but it's not really noticeable. I guess you can exchange it again but that still really sucks.

You payed a lot for a product so you should be satisfied with it.

Quick question for you fellow u3011 owners. Does your monitor have a small 1cm or so black border around it while looking at your desktop (in windows), or does the image fit to edges?

just got myself some ssd's, did a format and it seems that these borders are quite prominent (more so then i remembers). could be me though.

Is anyone using displayport to connect their video cards to their monitor or does it have to be DL-DVI? to be able to handle the resolution?

Is anyone using displayport to connect their video cards to their monitor or does it have to be DL-DVI? to be able to handle the resolution?

DisplayPort supports full resolution and will work fine. I have my Mac connected via DP and it's only way to get full res with the Mac. PC should work with DL-DVI as well as DP.

Quick question for you fellow u3011 owners. Does your monitor have a small 1cm or so black border around it while looking at your desktop (in windows), or does the image fit to edges?
Touches the edges basically. Maybe 2mm of black on the screen.

Touches the edges basically. Maybe 2mm of black on the screen.

its very small for me on the left, right, and bottom edges, the top seems to be larger, do you find that too?

im wondering if windows, is somehow not displaying my monitor properly, or whether its always been like that and i just didn't notice till recently

Back