Dell U3011 $989.99 with FREE shipping from Amazon

Nice deal. But far too many pixels for my single GPU to handle.

1440p is more of a sweet spot.

Nice deal. Too bad for you. Gaming at 1600 is just silly. In a good way.

Awesome deal! Do you think a 6950 would be enough for gaming on this bad boy?

So tempting with Prime....

1440 will have to work for now though... :(

Screw it... In for 1. With Prime, I'll get it Tuesday. I should be able to sell my 3008 for $400 - $500.

techie81: You'll have to scale back a lot on the eye candy. Add a second 6950 and you'll be pretty solid for 1600p gaming.

Nice deal. I am getting one for $680 with 2 years left on the warranty from one of the members. Should I get a new one?

As expected, the low price didn't last. Back up to $1076.99. Glad I ordered early.

The Newegg deal mentioned by spacing guild is dead, too. Sold out.

Screw it... In for 1. With Prime, I'll get it Tuesday. I should be able to sell my 3008 for $400 - $500.

techie81: You'll have to scale back a lot on the eye candy. Add a second 6950 and you'll be pretty solid for 1600p gaming.

i sold my 3007 for $600 and upgraded to the u3011 this past new years. best upgrade i've made in a while. the color reproduction was significnatly better.

Awesome deal! Do you think a 6950 would be enough for gaming on this bad boy?

I've got a 7850 and a 3011 but I play slightly older games (saints row 3) at medium settings and it works fine. Looks fantastic though, I highly recommend it.

That being said I'm not much of a gamer and use the monitor more for work.

i sold my 3007 for $600 and upgraded to the u3011 this past new years. best upgrade i've made in a while. the color reproduction was significnatly better.
Good to know. I'd love to get $600 for my 3008.

My 3011 shipped today. :)

I currently have a 3011 but used to have a 3008. I miss the 3008. That was one well built monitor.

Really? What about the 3008 made it better than the 3011?

Expensive build quality: solid glass base, chrome metal arm, brushed metal case & bezel.

I remember getting my 3011 & thinking "Wow Dell really cheaped it down on this model"

Expensive build quality: solid glass base, chrome metal arm, brushed metal case & bezel.

I remember getting my 3011 & thinking "Wow Dell really cheaped it down on this model"
How 'bout the screen and images when gaming?

How 'bout the screen and images when gaming?

Really never noticed a difference. It wasnt like I got the 3011 & said to myself "wow the build quality it crap but the picture is so much better than the 3008." They seem the same to me. Heck, if I could swap & get a 3008 with the same warranty my 3011 has Id probably do it.

Ugh I was too late to the party here and missed out, next time! Thanks for the help.

I've been eyeballing a large dual monitor setup, 2X30 may be a bit much though, but was tempted.

How are these at displaying HD TV, console, blu-ray content? Liking the idea of having one of those for all my viewing purposes and drop the Samsung LED 46in.

How are these at displaying HD TV, console, blu-ray content? Liking the idea of having one of those for all my viewing purposes and drop the Samsung LED 46in.
I've used my 3008 for HDTV and BR DVD viewing. It works quite well, though the picture isn't as bright as a true HDTV because of the monitor's matte screen. You also need to add something for the audio - powered speakers, home theater, etc.

I want to know why these still cost so much and why there isn't good competition after so long for 30in panels.

not to mention 5inch phones having 1080p+ screens...

I was hoping ~$600 for one of these puppies by now.

I want to know why these still cost so much and why there isn't good competition after so long for 30in panels.

Call Dell and ask them. These are premium products not designed for mass market. If you can't afford one then buy a Korean monitor. What does a 5inch phone has to do with a 30 inch monitor? Did you even bother to see how many 5 inch displays you can make out of a 30 inch display?:rolleyes:

The technology involved in making one of these monitors is ridiculous. And Dell needs to make some $$ somehow. Selling it to you for what it costs is not one way.

I just picked up a dell 3007wfp for $550 on Ebay over christmas. The dell u3014 just came out.

The u3011 will still hover at around 1000+- $ for the next year or two. Buy a korean if you want cheap.

Get out of this thread. :rolleyes:

If you primarily game, it might be worthwhile to pick up a 3007wfp-hc. It is the 30" panel without a built in scaler, so you get the least input lag. The -HC is more vibrant if that is what you are looking for, but if you don't have the monitors side by side while using them, it is really hard to notice a difference.

I would imagine you can pick up the 3007s for around 400-600 now only downside, they are used, so a very YMMV.

Not to take anything away from the U3011 though. Definitely still a great monitor at the ~$1000 price point, plus it's new.

Has anyone had the chance to test their 3011 against a 3014? I know it's switching to LED in the newer model but not sure if that is a plus or a minus necessarily. Thinking of possibly buying a 2014 so I can move my 3011 to my second machine (will replace 2x24").

Damn I bought mine for 999 over 2 years ago with 3 yr accidental warranty.

Back