Dell U2715H (new standard gamut model, successor to U2713HM)

• Thread starter Deleted member 89018
  • Start date
The calibrated contrast and preset gamma are, however, poor.

The LG 27MB85R-B is also delay-free, has better pixel response times, superior default color presets and much higher calibrated contrast, as well as a matte-grey bezel that increases perceived black depth.

I didn't see the LG in their list for a direct comparison, but I did find this:

http://www.playwares.com/xe/45089719

I can't read hangul, but if I'm figuring correctly from the charts they have posted, they recorded a GTG time as low as 4.1ms (compared to the 5.6ms measured by TFT Central on the U2715H) and input lag of 6.8ms (compared to 7ms), so... 11ms total at its best? Which is a tiny bit quicker than the U2715H.

Also, I'm not sure what you're on about for the calibrated contrast and preset gamma. TFT Central seemed to be pleased with both:

Default gamma was recorded at 2.3 average, leaving it with a small 5% deviance from the target of 2.2 which was reasonable.

Average gamma was now corrected to 2.2 average, correcting the 5% deviance we'd seen out of the box in the 'standard' preset mode. The white point was also corrected to the target, now measured at 6517k, correcting the minor 1% deviance out of the box. Luminance had been improved thanks to the adjustment to the brightness control and was now being measured at 121 cd/m2. This left us a black depth of 0.14 cd/m2 and maintained a pretty good static contrast ratio (for an IPS panel) of 856:1. Colour accuracy of the resulting profile was very good, with dE average of 0.3 and maximum of 1.4. LaCie would consider colour fidelity to be very good overall.

Is it possible this and the LG are using the same AH-IPS panel? It seems the biggest differentiating factor between the two is bezel type and color. They even sit in the same price range.

Except the LG's contrast sits around 1000 before and after calibration and still has superior color presets. In the US, the LG retailed for $500 dollars until only recently where it appears to have skyrocketed to $600; supply and demand is cool.

Accepting less for the same amount of money is silly when the LG is > the Dell in every area.

just got myself one of these and unfortunately It has cross-hatching on the mid-left side of the screen. funny thing is that this morning I couldn't see it but after a few hours it re-appeared. not sure how to explain that.

if I move my head from side to side the vertical bars 'appear' to be moving in the opposite direction. only visible on bright backgrounds and also appear with inputs disconnected and monitor in self-test mode

http://s29.postimg.org/biy67pb2v/IMAG1698.jpg
http://s22.postimg.org/6gywbcsqp/IMAG1691.jpg

dell don't ship to my country so I had to buy from re-seller, tomorrow will talk to them for a replacement lets see how it goes.

btw this is my 2nd dell monitor with a defect - recently I purchased a 2713hm which had a dust spec inside the screen

Do You have the display in "Fast" mode? If you do try it in normal and see if it goes away.

Except the LG's contrast sits around 1000 before and after calibration and still has superior color presets. In the US, the LG retailed for $500 dollars until only recently where it appears to have skyrocketed to $600; supply and demand is cool.

Accepting less for the same amount of money is silly when the LG is > the Dell in every area.

Problem we can't get it in Europe.

this is BS. got my 2nd monitor which again has the same issue

as soon as I switched it on with no inputs connected I ran a self-test and got the same results again. only this time they are fainter....

both have been manufactured September 2014

Well, I've tried 4 of these now, and all have had annoying issues.
2 of them have really bad color uniformity, where one side is warm, and the other is cold. So much that if I move a something white(like a window) from right to left, goes from bright cool white, to light red/brown.

1 has a dull/brown appearance that covers the entire screen, and gets worse towards the bottom.
The 4th one has a slightly dull appearance again, which really isn't bad at all, but the bottom corners have really bad backlight bleed, and the top corners are quite dark. It also has a bad case of those shimmering vertical lines that you can see move when you move your view, as if they're floating above the screen. A bunch of other people have seen this problem as well. Very distracting.

I was going to keep the 4th one, but those shimmering lines keep grabbing my focus and distracting me. So I'm just giving up on the Dell U2715H all together, and I'll just keep researching until I can find a good 27" 1440p IPS monitor without these irritating quality issues. But does one even exist? What models seem to have the best, most uniform screens?

Just ordered one from B&H! Great price......can't wait to get it Friday. Will be just in time for my LAN this weekend!

Monitor just arrived. got it for $514 from B&H free ship and no tax.

Hooked it up to my work laptop and only running it at 2048x1152 and it is gorgeous.....will have my game machine hooked up in a second for full 1440p goodness.

It comes calibrated a tad bright and there is a tiny amount of bleed at the bottom corners as some have said, but both are MINOR issues - as this is otherwise an outstanding unit.

Whats crazy is it just seems MASSIVE next to my 24" now......

The thin bezel, stand, rotation/up and down are simply the best out there.

USB hub = silly and worthless IMO.

Love it, cant wait to game on it and do some photo editing!

Soooo, is everyone enjoying their u2715h? This monitor is currently the frontrunner in the research I've been doing. I'm not ready to pay the extra money to be an early adopter for the G-Sync/Free-Sync monitors at this time. I'll give it a couple years for the prices to come down.

This monitor seems to have the nice looks and very low input lag (Class 1 on TFTs review). The only thing I'm particular about is dead pixels...I ended up going through 6 NEC 20WMGX2's back in 2006 until I got one without a dead pixel

So, why didn't they equip it with a hardware lut? I would take this any day over the gimmicky things like usb hub, slim bezels, or fake calibration reports.

Soooo, is everyone enjoying their u2715h? This monitor is currently the frontrunner in the research I've been doing. I'm not ready to pay the extra money to be an early adopter for the G-Sync/Free-Sync monitors at this time. I'll give it a couple years for the prices to come down.

This monitor seems to have the nice looks and very low input lag (Class 1 on TFTs review). The only thing I'm particular about is dead pixels...I ended up going through 6 NEC 20WMGX2's back in 2006 until I got one without a dead pixel

I've only had one with a dead pixel out of 8 that I use between home and the office, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Also, Dell has a great "Premium Panel Guarantee" policy on all UltraSharps so they will replace it (usually overnight) if there is even one dead/stuck pixel.

While it does happen, it should be rare. The best monitor I've ever used :)

I've got a brand new one F/S in the sales thread if anyone is interested. $400 shipped. :)

Just got the monitor myself. Man very impressed. That slim bezel is really really nice.

It's been a while since I've bought any Dell monitors. I'm very interested in 2 of these, but the list price just isn't going to happen.

What should be a very good price to shoot for?

Also - any good tips - i.e. any business reps that are looking to move a couple of monitors?

Thanks.

I got mine about 2 weeks ago on sale for $500. Awesome monitor for games surfing the web movies etc.

I got mine about 2 weeks ago on sale for $500. Awesome monitor for games surfing the web movies etc.

Thanks for the reply! Good to get an idea of where the cost should be. Prices on eBay are a joke atm.

These are still $550 on B&M. That's the best price on these from a reputable retailer. They're still $700 on Dell's site which is weird.

These are still $550 on B&M. That's the best price on these from a reputable retailer. They're still $700 on Dell's site which is weird.

Dell actually Price Match now. I'm also looking at this monitor, but won't pull the trigger until the price is a tad cheaper. Too bad I wasn't looking at this monitor a couple of weeks ago when it was in the low $500.

Just ordered this monitor and it should be here in a few days. I know it comes with a mDP to DP cable. I've read of a lot of folks having trouble with the Dell-supplied cable so was thinking of picking a cable up beforehand just to be ready. Would there be any benefit at all with going with a DP-to-DP cable? Or is digital just digital no matter how you connect?

I'm on my second new Dell U2715H but I again have these weird "wavy" vertical lines that look like a washboard.

just got myself one of these and unfortunately It has cross-hatching on the mid-left side of the screen. funny thing is that this morning I couldn't see it but after a few hours it re-appeared. not sure how to explain that.

if I move my head from side to side the vertical bars 'appear' to be moving in the opposite direction. only visible on bright backgrounds and also appear with inputs disconnected and monitor in self-test mode

http://s29.postimg.org/biy67pb2v/IMAG1698.jpg
http://s22.postimg.org/6gywbcsqp/IMAG1691.jpg

dell don't ship to my country so I had to buy from re-seller, tomorrow will talk to them for a replacement lets see how it goes.

btw this is my 2nd dell monitor with a defect - recently I purchased a 2713hm which had a dust spec inside the screen

I'm on my second U2715, panel made in March of this year, and same problem. God damnit...

Just set this up yesterday. Panel date April 2015. Looks perfect (although admittedly I may not be as demanding as some). But no dead pixels or uneven colors. Problem I had this morning is that the monitor wouldn't wake from power save mode. Rebooting the computer did reinitiate the handshake, though, and everything is back to normal for now. I'm only using the single monitor.

In power options, I changed it to "put monitor to sleep--never." Is that my only option? Does it have anything to do with what DP output it's plugged into on my Titan X?

Comes with a $200 dell promo gift card right now. Had me intrigued enough to look, but chose to stick with my u2711 and the U2715H is only a standard gamut monitor. With UHD using a wider color space and already having a monitor I consider better I can't justify getting a U2715H right now. lag time is much improved supposedly, but U2711 lag is good enough for me as I only play single player in FPS these days and not competitively anymore and the panel itself in the U2711 seems to be superior in every other way.

What panel and version did everyone get? My THIRD damn monitor was made February and version A01, which I was kinda bummed out about as I wanted it to be newer. However, finally NO CROSS HATCHING at long last, no dead or stuck pixels and a slight amount of backlight bleeding in upper left corner

TKnMEdT.jpg

I just picked this up through the outlet and wow, what a beautiful screen. Great upgrade from my now-dead Achieva Shimian monitor.

Does anyone have an issue with this monitor when using it via displayport, where the icons on Windows 10 would always reset after turning off the monitor or switching input? However, it does not do it when I have the input via HDMI. It gets quite annoying.

Back