Dell U2713H Inexplicably Develops Masses of Stuck Subpixels

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Oubadah, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Oubadah

Oubadah [H]ard|Gawd

I stopped using a U2713H for ~3 months, and upon turning it back on yesterday, I discovered that it's now covered in stuck/bright subpixels. I had scrutinized this monitor very closely before I stopped using it, so I know for certain that the defects weren't present then. It's just been sitting on the floor of my spare room since then. What could have caused this?

2. Kamainae

Kamainae [H]Lite

The same thing happened to my U2312Hm not so long ago, same setting, brief period of storage of the panel after being used dialy since purchase, and now has a small cluster of stuck pixels near the bottom right corner. Judging by the position and shape I am guessing that the panel was banged during storage.

3. mnewxcv

mnewxcv [H]ardness Supreme

4. bigbluefe

bigbluefe Gawd

That's a nice monitor manufacturing industry you've got there.

5. Oubadah

Oubadah [H]ard|Gawd

The only thing I can think of is that there's a treadmill on the other side of the room, so maybe the vibrations caused it. However, the treadmill was barely used in that time. Also, there was a U2711 sitting right next to the U2713H the whole time and that has no stuck pixels.

You want a photo of the pixels? It's going to be impossible for me to get anything better than some blurry close-ups of individual pixels, because I don't have a camera that can capture tiny specks of light floating in the milky glow that is an LCD's excuse for black.