Dell U2713 coming soon

Without saying what I think this monitor is or isn't, I think that a difference could be in the target audience. The new samsung 27 incher with the glass panel is built and priced at a fairly high end segment and they are definitely marketing it towards professional use. At $1200 I really don't think they are trying to compete at all with the catleaps of the world.

If you look at the 2412 vs the 2410, it seems obvious that something similar could happen in the 27 inch segment where they release a 6bit 2560x1440 panel that is priced significantly below where the 2711 sits. A cheaper 6 bit panel really would be battling in the same segment as the catleaps of the world. As far as making a glossy ips . . . well as much as i dislike apple, they've been doing it for years and everyone does like to follow the leader (for better or worse).

So I have no idea what actually will happen, but this seems at least plausible.

I was planning to wait for this Dell, but I just couldn't do it so I pulled the trigger on Korean Cross8ver monitor. I'm glad I did. Although I am curious how this Dell with e-IPS and glossy screen will look. Probably look pretty dam good!

My next display will be a widescreen 27" high end low lag LED IPS screen with Displayport.

That doesn't make sense. Why would it cost as much as the U2711?

It's probably going to cost $600 as they usually just do a more or less dollar per euro pricing for most electronics. Also, since the U2410 is $500 I don't see them encroaching too much on that.

its not real, the correct model name will be U2713HM but it's not the U2711 replacement

Looks promising. Any chance this monitor will cost around $500? I might be able to get one for that price.

As said in this thread its a new model and not the U2711 replacment. Wounder if this is gonna be the start of a shift for Dell to get away from CCL backlight and grainy filter. Would love to pick up a U3011 with a new filter and LED backlighting (to stop the backlight hum).

Driver has entries for d-sub, dvi, hdmi and displayport and max resolution of 2560x1440 if it is at good price I am in.

Any reason to assume AG will be less bad than we're used to see from Dell?

Last edited:
As said in this thread its a new model and not the U2711 replacment. Wounder if this is gonna be the start of a shift for Dell to get away from CCL backlight and grainy filter. Would love to pick up a U3011 with a new filter and LED backlighting (to stop the backlight hum).

yep, the shift is on.

Reports of LG's panel manufacturing schedule for 2012 include a 30" LM300WQ6 for Q3, but it's listed as an aRGB panel so won't be ideal great for Windows gaming. For previous iterations of 30" and 27" IPS panels, Apple had them first, then NEC and Dell. Assuming the schedule is on course, maybe new 30" displays will be available to buy sometime in Q4 and/or Q1 2013.

The LG news on TFT Central: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/25.htm#new_lgdisplay_panels
A list of panels: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/monitor_panel_parts.htm

The U3013 is a little off topic for this thread, but there is another already about the possibility of this monitor: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1700821

TechPowerUp - Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM Monitor Leaked

The details reveal the U2713HM to be a 27-inch monitor with 2560 x 1440 pixels native resolution, based on an IPS LCD panel with LED-illumination and matte black screen surface

same old same old then? Dell not branching out into glossy panels (assuming the report is true) but of what product are the photos in Chinese forum linked the by OP?

I was checking on Dell's drivers page, and the U2711 and U3011 had drivers show up about 2 months before the monitors were available for purchase. The drivers for the 2713 showed up on 07/20/12, so we should expect it in about 2 months if the pattern holds.

Last edited:
TechPowerUp - Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM Monitor Leaked

same old same old then? Dell not branching out into glossy panels (assuming the report is true) but of what product are the photos in Chinese forum linked the by OP?

No one knows for sure at this point from what I can tell. We're just going to have to wait for more information to confirm.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're still matte though. Someone over at LG is having a serious love affair with matte coatings.

I was checking on Dell's drivers page, and the U2711 and U3011 had drivers show up about 2 months before the monitors were available for purchase. The drivers for the 2713 showed up on 07/20/12, so we should expect in about 2 months as well if the pattern holds.

Thank you! Great info!

nothing in the drivers or support page confirmed it was IPS (although we are assuming it will be), matte coating, LED backlit or that it had the same stand functions as the older models. pure speculation from TechPowerUp there! the only things confirmed from the driver were a max 2560 x 1440 resolution and availability of DVI, D-sub, DisplayPort and HDMI interfaces

Everyone should quit jumping on keywords like that. FlatpanelsHD is obviously saying matte black in reference to the bezel, not the screen. There would be no reason to call the screen black. :rolleyes:

matte black in reference to the bezel makes a lot more sense than matte black screen surface, well spotted :)

The NTD 23,699 looks to be a sale price of some sort. The full price is 27,810 Taiwanese dollars.

I think you mean it is $200 cheaper then the U2711.

If you add to cart, it shows as NTD 23,699 -> $791 USD.

http://configure.ap.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=tw&l=zh&s=dhs&cs=twdhs1&kc=&oc=T14U2713HMTW

The U2711 is $999 and often on sale for $799.

Its looking promising that the U2713HM could be found in the $600 range at the end of quarter sales.

I really hope it's around $600 and fairly early. I really want a 27" 2560x1440 monitor, but I do not want to risk getting a monitor with any defects. I had a bad experience with 2 Catleaps, and I'm pretty much not willing to go with the Korean route for one anymore. The only thing is that it took a while before the U2711 reached the $800ish price point, but at the same time it wouldn't make sense to have the U2713 too close to the U2711 in price either.

And so it's already available for purchase on the Taiwanese site? Hopefully that means we'll see it earlier than I had originally expected.

I really hope it's around $600 and fairly early. I really want a 27" 2560x1440 monitor, but I do not want to risk getting a monitor with any defects. I had a bad experience with 2 Catleaps, and I'm pretty much not willing to go with the Korean route for one anymore. The only thing is that it took a while before the U2711 reached the $800ish price point, but at the same time it wouldn't make sense to have the U2713 too close to the U2711 in price either.

And so it's already available for purchase on the Taiwanese site? Hopefully that means we'll see it earlier than I had originally expected.

Just curious how bad did your Catleaps turn out?

Just curious how bad did your Catleaps turn out?

First Catleap had some dead pixels in the center and right side of the panel was brighter and was replaced. I used the replacement for a week before the area where the power connector is on the monitor decided to burn up (saw the inside light up bright yellow/red with smoke). The seller paid for return shipping the first time and should be paying for the return on this second unit.

Copy-pasting translated information and tech specs from the Dell Taiwanese website.

Official Image Gallery:
http://imgur.com/a/nMNVT

The wide screen provides excellent viewing.
2560 x 1440 WQHD Resolution: More than 3.6 million pixels, a wide 27-inch LED-backlit display provides amazing clarity. Can easily adjust the screen brightness for the environment.
Immediate access to accurate color out of the box: U2713HM monitor carefully at the factory to correct the color, the color gamut beyond the 99% sRGB, immediately after installation to show the stunning color.
The wide viewing angle: ultra-wide 178 ° / 178 ° perspective with unrivaled color consistency, provide you with a wide range of viewing flexibility, help you to easily collaborate.

The best in comfort and convenience.
Adjustment functions: the left and right rotation and tilt functions, allowing you comfortable working in a variety of different locations can view images. The pivot can easily switch to portrait mode. U2713HM 115 mm height adjustment range, to help you set the height of the ideal.
The latest connectivity options: closely connected the monitor to a desktop computer, notebook computers and peripheral equipment, such as digital cameras and Blu-ray or DVD players. Digital and analog connections include four USB 3.0 ports, DisplayPort 1.2, DVI (HDCP) and the HDMI.
Dell Display Manager to help maintain productivity: The full range of software tools, allows you to quickly access the Auto the Mode, Easy to the Arrange and PowerNap application. Auto Mode to adjust or default mode is automatically assigned to a specific application. Easy Arrange neatly emissions applications, arranged according to their preferred configuration.

Monitor
Diagonal viewable image size:
68.58 cm
27-inch (27-inch wide viewable image size)
Aspect ratio
Widescreen (16:9)
Panel type surface:
AH transverse electric field effects, using the hard-coating 3H anti-glare function
Best resolution:
2560 x 1440 (60Hz)
Ratio:
1000:1 (typical) dynamic contrast ratio of 2,000,000:1 (max)
Backlight Technology:
LED
Brightness:
350 cd / m 2 (standard value), 50 cd / m 2 (minimum value)
Response time:
8 ms (gray response time)
Perspective
(178 ° vertical / 178 ° level)
Color Support:
Color gamut (typical): sRGB> 99%, 82% (CIE 1976)
Color Depth:
16.7 million colors
Pixel Pitch:
0.23 mm
Display Type
Wide-screen flat-panel displays
Device type

Connectivity
1 dual-link digital video interface connector (DVI-D) with HDCP function
A DisplayPort 1.2 (DP)
A High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)
A video graphics array (VGA)
USB 3.0 high speed hub (with a USB upstream port and 4 USB downstream port)
An audio output
Dell Soundbar dedicated DC power connector (AX510)

Modulation of
Adjustable height base, with tilt, rotate left and right, pivot and built-in wiring management

Built-in devices
USB 3.0 high speed hub (with a USB upstream port and 4 USB downstream port)
DC output

Color, size and weight
Dimensions (W x D x H)
639.3 mm (25.17 inches) x 200.3 mm (7.89 inches) x 424.3 mm to 538.9 mm (21.22 inches ~ 16.70 inches)
With base height (folded to expand)
424.3 mm to 538.9 mm
21.22 inches to 16.70 inches
Without base height
378.2 mm
14.89 inches
The default display area (HXW)
596.7 mm x 335.7 mm
23.49 inches x 13.22 inches
Weight (panel only - VESA mounted)
5.6 kg
12.44 pounds
Weight (with packaging)
10.2 kg
22.67 pounds
Specifications: Service / Support Details
3-year Advanced Exchange Service and Premium Panel Guarantee
Service / Support Details
3-year Advanced Exchange Service and Premium Panel Guarantee

Electrical Specifications
Power Requirements:
100 to 240 VAC/50 or 60Hz + 3Hz/1.5A (max)
Power consumption (operation)
42W (standard value) / 100W (max)
Standby / sleep power consumption:
Less than 0.5W

First Catleap had some dead pixels in the center and right side of the panel was brighter and was replaced. I used the replacement for a week before the area where the power connector is on the monitor decided to burn up (saw the inside light up bright yellow/red with smoke). The seller paid for return shipping the first time and should be paying for the return on this second unit.

Understandable, after all that I wouldn't want to go that route either!

Back