Dell U2711 in Outlet store? monitor confusion

NeonOmega

Weaksauce
When was the last time you monitor experts saw a Dell U2711 in the outlet store? I have looked for several days straight, and found nothing. There seems to be plenty of U3011 monitors, and for $899- that's not bad at all. $100 less than a NEW 27". Maybe I should get a 30" instead... man, I dunno what to do.

I don't care about multi-monitor gaming really. I would like at least 2 screens. now the question is, do i get 2, 20" dell IPS panels in a PLP mode and just have some awesome IPS real estate?

I could use some help with this quandary.

I have in my possession, 1, 24" Samsung (old), 1, 28" Hanns.G which even though it's not perfect, it still is a ok monitor for gaming, programing, surfing, etc. I also just received 2 Ergotron MX desk mounts, and 1 LX desk mount through some special offers, etc, etc, etc. I

so, I have $1000 at my disposal for monitors after selling this little inventory program I created.

my OPTIONS: 3 outlet dell 24" OR 1 30" and 2 20" in Portrait, OR 1 27" dell and 2 17" in portrait.... I don't know.

I may want to try out some multi-monitor gaming, but this is not important really. Surfing, multi-tasking, gaming, programing, movies...

ideas?

You might want to take a gander at the u3011 thread towards the very end. There is a discussion there regarding a new 90 warranty for dell refurb monitors instead of them having the normal product warranty period.

You might want to take a gander at the u3011 thread towards the very end. There is a discussion there regarding a new 90 warranty for dell refurb monitors instead of them having the normal product warranty period.

Thanks for the heads up! I do appreciate the help.

Man, I check the outlet store every day multiple times, but I never see a 27" in the Dell outlet.

Back