http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/27.htm#dell_u2413_1

AH-IPS panel
1920 x 1200 resolution (16:10 aspect)
W-LED backlit
99% Adobe RGB coverage
14-bit programmable LUT
factory calibration and report
USB 3.0
DVI-D (HDCP), HDMI, DisplayPort 1.2 and mini-DisplayPort video connections.

looks like it certainly :) got any more links / info on them?

- AH-IPS panel

Probably no AW-polarizer, if so...meh.

- 1920 x 1200 resolution (16:10 aspect)

Thank god!

- W-LED backlit

Damn! At least hope it's not PWM controlled.

- 99% Adobe RGB coverage

Damn damn! Hope it has good sRGB mode.

- DVI-D (HDCP), HDMI, DisplayPort 1.2 and mini-DisplayPort video connections.

Possible high input lag.

However the new one has relatively shorter backlight lifetime of 30000 hours, as opposed to 45000 hours in legacy WCG-CCFL model.

That's roughly 3.5 years vs 5 years.

Anyways, I'm interested in the news about this monitor because the specs will likely foreshadow the U3013.

That's roughly 3.5 years vs 5 years.

Anyways, I'm interested in the news about this monitor because the specs will likely foreshadow the U3013.

I bet this time all Ultrasharp series are powered by STMicro's Driver ICs.

U2413 with hardware calibration and 14-bit programmable LUT.

I like that. I like that a lot. Thanks for the info.

What is GB-r LED?
No classic RGB-LED configuration but a combination of green and blue LEDs. Red spectral components are probably emitted by W-LEDs with accordant coating. Advantage: The panel filters have to be changed and the light yield is high enough to allow a side emitting solution.

6664366165313237.jpg

Last edited:
120% sRGB coverage, sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Can't wait to read about how superior the these are for general & media use because of the larger colour gamut. Hopefully they don't have the same overshoot issues like the entire Dell S line and cross-hatching free semi-glossy coating.

120% sRGB coverage, sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Can't wait to read about how superior the these are for general & media use because of the larger colour gamut. Hopefully they don't have the same overshoot issues like the entire Dell S line and cross-hatching free semi-glossy coating.

looking forward to the 24 incher... hopefully its free of pwm.. and not just as an accident lke in S2440L

And I just bought a u2412m as a compromise between viewing angles, color and game performance. Lets see how this one compares.

Nice addition to the lineup, but I hope the keep making the standard gamut series at a lower price.

You might also want to reveal how you were able to get that price.

Received a 20% accessories coupon in the mail from Dell SB, the coupon wasn't applying the discount online so I called to place an order over the phone and was able to get the rep to give me 25% off, then I used the Dell $500/$90 gift card promo to save another $90.

Received a 20% accessories coupon in the mail from Dell SB, the coupon wasn't applying the discount online so I called to place an order over the phone and was able to get the rep to give me 25% off, then I used the Dell $500/$90 gift card promo to save another $90.

Well, I am officially jealous on newly received U2713HM. Don't forget to post your impressions.

Ordered a U2713H from Dell Small Business for $659.25 + tax Actually 749.25 minus 500gift card plus 90 free card.If interested email me for phone nr.+name contact

The manual also reveals this:
LCD Conditioning - Helps reduce minor cases of image retention. Depending on the degree of image retention, the program may take some time to run. You can enable this feature by selecting "Enable".

I've seen these "minor" cases on two 2713HM models, and they showed up after just a few minutes of use. Very disturbing on dark gray backgrounds, like the UI of 3dsmax or PS CS6.

To me this looks like a "feature" of AH-IPS panels. :(

Dell have had that feature available for quite a while either as
an OSD option or one from the factory menu

For those who are tempted by these new monitors from Dell, you should be aware that new monitors from Dell are frequently plagued with issues that usually get resolved in future revisions.
You have been warned! ;)

That being said, the 27" seems very nice.:cool:

For those who are tempted by these new monitors from Dell, you should be aware that new monitors from Dell are frequently plagued with issues that usually get resolved in future revisions.
You have been warned! ;)

That being said, the 27" seems very nice.:cool:

I guess the biggest question with relation to QC is how the cross hatching will appear, or not ;)

I would guess that the uniformity correction will not be "enough" to compensate for backlight bleed, but we can hope!

With any luck the bleed will be minimal with the uniformity compensation, and the cross hatching will be gone.

EDIT: I mean that the compensation will compensate for the backlight bleed by decreasing the luminocity (if that is the right term) at the corners. I realise that you cannot use the option in the screen to alter the shape/ fit of the screen. I also realise that by making the panel uniform 120cd/m2 luminocity (on a white screen), you will probably still have bad backlight bleed when running at 0.10cd/m2 in the corners (on a black screen). But one can hope!

I guess the biggest question with relation to QC is how the cross hatching will appear, or not ;)

This looks more like one of those issues that only a small minority of people have an issue with. I don't expect it is a QC issue, but just whether the specific IPS AG coating creates a problem for specific individuals. Kind of like how some people can't stand matte screens because they sparkle. It isn't QC it is a coating they personally don't like. Now we have new AG coating that another group of people don't like.

EDIT: I mean that the compensation will compensate for the backlight bleed by decreasing the luminocity (if that is the right term) at the corners.

That is impossible. Uniformity compensation can't improve BLB. Hoping won't change that.

Though better QC can work here by rejecting panels with worse BLB.

I would guess that the uniformity correction will not be "enough" to compensate for backlight bleed, but we can hope!

With any luck the bleed will be minimal with the uniformity compensation, and the cross hatching will be gone.

EDIT: I mean that the compensation will compensate for the backlight bleed by decreasing the luminocity (if that is the right term) at the corners. I realise that you cannot use the option in the screen to alter the shape/ fit of the screen. I also realise that by making the panel uniform 120cd/m2 luminocity (on a white screen), you will probably still have bad backlight bleed when running at 0.10cd/m2 in the corners (on a black screen). But one can hope!

With RG-LED your new Dell screen with its trademark backlight bleed will bring the christmas spirit to your home with the same color as Father Christmas ;)

http://www.chiphell.com/data/attachment/forum/201212/08/0130525ss5rsf5fmmz5a7r.jpg

That is impossible. Uniformity compensation can't improve BLB. Hoping won't change that.

That is probably right...

However, let me say then:

I hope that because dell now have to offer screens that are able to properly uniform, that they pay more attention to how the screens are put together :p

So the uniformity correction won't fix BLB, but BLB may be fixed or reduced as a by-product then.

Back