Dell u2412m vs st2220t

sawman5

n00b
Hey,

I wanted to try get a touch monitor and comparing the 2 of the above monitors.....is there any big difference between them?

I want a monitor for some gaming and daily use.

Any other monitor recommendations are welcome as well.

Thanks

The stand on the Ultrasharp is better, and unless something's changed, the 2220 doesn't have VESA mounting capability.

Basically, with the 2220, you're stuck with the lame mount they give you.

Had they put mounting holes on it, I would have bought it.

The ultrasharp also has a thicker AG.

Thanks,

I guess I will go with ST2220T because at the same price point ($300), I would rather have the touch option with it where as the U2412M doesn't have that feature.

Any other monitors to consider, ? Acer T231 or HP touch?

Does anyone have more info on touchscreens? Will they be more useful or not?

Besides the dell monitor listed above (st2220t), are there other good touchscreens?

Am I sacrificing anything if I get the dell st2220t vs a non touch screen monitor?

THanks

I purchased a st2220t recently and my only issue with it is lack of a vesa mount, but recently saw a mod someone did where they use the stand to clamp onto metal plate attached to a mount and seems to work well.

It is a good touch screen as long as not expecting more than 2 finger touch which is about normal for current touchscreens, it is also using a infrared sensor for touch which is nice because it does not limit you the way capacitive does.

While tablets, laptops and some all in ones will get 10 finger multitouch I doubt there will be many standalone monitors and probably not reasonably priced.

So long as glossy screen and screen size is not an issue for you it is a good monitor.

ive had both and the 2412 is way better, black are even deeper and feels smoother . . i didnt like the anti glare so i took it off

Back