Dell U2311H for $250, U2711 for $900 shipped [DELL eBay acct]

Rombus

2[H]4U
So figured i would point this out for anyone who is looking for one:
Dell U2311H 23" Widescreen Flat Panel, 3 year Warranty Direct From Dell - $249.99

Dell U2711 27-inch Widescreen Flat Panel, 3yr Warranty *Direct From Dell* - $899.99

This is from the Dell Direct ebay account.

Looks like they have ~44 of the U2311H and ~50 of the U2711

Just wanted to point it out since I bought a U2311H for 274.99 on Tuesday before dell posted these. You can thank me to being that guy who causes the sale to happen!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If the U2311H was $200 again, I'd jump on it. Still a good price though.

If the U2311H was $200 again, I'd jump on it. Still a good price though.

If it hits $200 again I'm buying 2.
I'm still pissed at that sale. I looked at it at 10PM the night it went up and said "I'll order one in the morning"

7AM the next day they were gone :(

How the Dell U2311H rate next to that NEC that was on sale for $170 awhile ago?

Hmmm. I always put something like this in my cart and then go to buy then ask myself,"Do I want to be forced to buy a top notch gpu each time to make sure I can push pixels to this beast?" and then I shy away. It is probably a stunning display as well.

It's $250 on Dell's website as well - there's tax through both dell.com and the ebay store, so if you don't have an ebay account (like me) you can get it in a more traditional fashion.

Hmmm. I always put something like this in my cart and then go to buy then ask myself,"Do I want to be forced to buy a top notch gpu each time to make sure I can push pixels to this beast?" and then I shy away. It is probably a stunning display as well.

1080p doesn't require "top notch" GPU by any means?

I still run an 8800GT

I still run an 8800GT

Does that 8800GT max out any game's graphics? I know that I want kickass graphics. If I didn't care that much I would just use my Xbox360 to play games on. Thats a big reason alot of people play pc games vs consoles, kickass graphics to go along with gameplay.

That U2711 is looking mighty nice! I wish I had the loot to spare for one!

I still run an 8800GT

That U2711 is looking mighty nice! I wish I had the loot to spare for one!

I was referring to the U2711. I have a 1080 Sammy right now and it runs wonderfully with my Toxic 5850. If I go U2711 with a 2560x1440 res I will be pushing roughly 45% more pixels and would probably bring my gpu to its knees in games like Bad Company II with all the bells and whistles turned on/up. Then I would need something like a GTX580 or another 5850 which doesn't scale as well, and then... You see my slippery slope.

Really depends what game you playing I had a 8800 gts which was fine for World of Warcraft but not so good for Mech Warrior Living Legends (Crysis Engine). Just bought myself a Powercolor 6950 and thinking about a new screen still on CRT.

Really depends what game you playing I had a 8800 gts which was fine for World of Warcraft but not so good for Mech Warrior Living Legends (Crysis Engine). Just bought myself a Powercolor 6950 and thinking about a new screen still on CRT.

I can't get that game to work grr!

I will never understand people who spend $1,000 on a 27" but not $1200" on a 30".

27" is just not that impressive in size, and if you're going to pay a ridiculous premium, why settle for second best?

I will never understand people who spend $1,000 on a 27" but not $1200" on a 30".

27" is just not that impressive in size, and if you're going to pay a ridiculous premium, why settle for second best?

To be more specific, it is $900 on a 27" and the cheapest new Dell 30" I can find is $1,500. Those are two different scenarios between yours and what I found in the amount of $200 and $600 differences.

Should I jump one two of these? My current setup is two 23" Dell TN panels. Would these be a pretty good step up? Are these good for FPSs?

Really want that 2711, but saving up for a Canon 100-400L. Family will kill me if I get both....

BB

I bought one from dell.com yesterday. Deciding whether I want a second now or wait for a $200 deal...

I recently got a U2711 for a great price and I can say that for the price I got it for its the best monitor I have ever bought.

To be more specific, it is $900 on a 27" and the cheapest new Dell 30" I can find is $1,500. Those are two different scenarios between yours and what I found in the amount of $200 and $600 differences.

The HP ZR30W is $1200 retail, so comparing retail prices, we'd be talking $200. And then the Brits are lucky to have Hazro available over there - they make 30" monitors with panels of only a little less quality for even less.

Headshot.

for some it's the resolution that matters, not the screen size. People are paying for the higher resolution. The extra screen size without the extra resolution is not needed for some. Plus if people want to use multiple monitors, 27 inch might be a better choice for those circumstances. In any case, I avoided these larger monitors because of reviews of excessively harsh anti-glare displays. Instead I have a couple 23 inch monitors coming instead.

Is the panel in the 23" 16:9 Dell monitor physically shorter than your standard 22" 16:10 panel?

I don't see why you think the 30" is worth a huge premium. You're only gaining 160 vertical pixels. Nice to have, but I wouldn't pay BA huge premium for it. Tighter pixels probably look better too.

Back