Dell U2311H, AcerGD245HD, HPZR24W short review

mike82y

Weaksauce
Hi, I thought I might just share some of my experiences with these 3 TFT with you guys here.

Dell u2311h - July/2010 Rev.01

+very crisp
+great color
+nice design
+easy OSD
+great anti-glare coating
+viewing angle

-8ms responds time causing real blur in FPS games (at least for me).. I had some real problems in MW2 and TF2
-1 red deadpixel , 2-3 white subpixel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Acer GD24HD - April 2010
+120Hz
+ runs amazing on most of the games, "almost" as good as CRT. very little blurr!!!
+ no deadpixel

-color is bad
-text sharpness in some programs.. not sure if it has to do with the size
-I find it hard to read on black background with white text.. seems convergence issue
-backlight bleed bottom part of the screen, very bad!
-OSD not user friendly and hard to access
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP ZR24W - may 2010 V0.23G
+Color
+brighter than Dell imo
+5ms is "ok" for FPS,, not so good in TF2
+OSD easy to use
+no dead pixel

-black has banding issue!
-viewing angle kinda disappointed for an IPS panel
-the bezel is too thick, the bottom part cause reflection
-upper part of the display has around 1mm gap between the bezel

the anti-glare coating is similar to TN panels, which I dont find it too great.. personally, I like the Dell coating better
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have already sent back the Dell, I will post some pictures 2morrow! stay tune.
I am going to keep the HP most likely.. but the "banding" worries me
and I dont know if I want to spend 100 Euro more to get the Dell U2410...

Last edited:
banding on HP ZR24w
imgp4701.jpg

I am coming straight from Sony FW900 CRT, hope this short review will help some of you choosing the TFTs

if you work in a bright environment, I would go for Dells, the coating is definitely better.

for hardcore gamer, go take a look of the GD245HQ, you will be surprised!

the question is now, if I should bite the bullet and buy the Dell U2410?

Last edited:
I am coming straight from Sony FW900 CRT, hope this short review will help some of you choosing the TFTs

if you work in a bright environment, I would go for Dells, the coating is definitely better.

for hardcore gamer, go take a look of the GD245HQ, you will be surprised!

the question is now, if I should bite the bullet and buy the Dell U2410?

U2410 will have warmer colors than the U2311 by a little bit, if color is very important, the 2311 will be better, but if you're just into FPS games I doubt you would care much.

And isn't the U2410 even slower than the U2311H? Less responsive + more input lag?
I think Dell has a warranty to replace the monitor if there's a dead pixel.

And isn't the U2410 even slower than the U2311H? Less responsive + more input lag?
I think Dell has a warranty to replace the monitor if there's a dead pixel.

U2410 is 6ms and U2311h is 8ms
I could get it replaced by Dell, but I couldnt be bothered getting replacements all the time... as I belive it will take you a few tries to get a good unit.

I am quite happy with the ZR24w, only the banding is annoying but oh well... you cant have everything :D

Back