Dell U2311H - $199.99 w/ free shipping

If there's an issue with the monitor, (down the road or something) you deal directly with Dell right? Not with the dell eBay account over eBay?

Damn it, I was hoping I would have to wait a month for them to drop to $250 again.... Now I am tempted to buy two

Bought 3... been eyeing this for eyefinity for awhile. Had just checked dells site and saw it was still 280 so going to wait.
Really hope this is legit.

I jumped on 3 as well. Have been wanting to mess with eyefinity for a while.

Bought 3... been eyeing this for eyefinity for awhile. Had just checked dells site and saw it was still 280 so going to wait.
Really hope this is legit.

I don't see why it shouldn't be.

I've been getting emails from dell.com directly and now have the Dell Purchase ID, so I'd say it's legit..

Haha, did anyone read this, i'm sure it's typo, but still few might have missed it.

Optimal Resolution:
192 x 1080 at 60 Hz

Haha, did anyone read this, i'm sure it's typo, but still few might have missed it.

Optimal Resolution:
192 x 1080 at 60 Hz

Definately missed that. The top has the specs directly from Dell though that shows the 1920x1080. I would be pretty pissed if mine came with that resolution :p

I have two 2209's and need a 3rd LCD for Eyefinity, since the 2209 has been discontinued how do you think the U2311 would work within my current setup? Seeing as the 2209's are 1680x1050 and the U2311 is 1920x1080.

i love it.... i have a 24" NEC 2490 but im probably going to buy this just so i can put it alongside it!

Son of a mofo...I had some money for 3 of these, but was waiting for it to go down to $200...but I spent it like 4 days ago...

Now to save up again, and Im sure it will be back up full price until I spend the money again...

I'm using this monitor, kicksass in terms of color accuracy (calibrated) and energy consumption. I ditched my $1500 2690wuxi for this one!

I'm using this monitor, kicksass in terms of color accuracy (calibrated) and energy consumption. I ditched my $1500 2690wuxi for this one!

How is it with regards to ghosting and whatnot in faster paced games?

A review I read said this is not a very good choice for FPSs.

tyvm for this, bought my 3rd and final eyefinity u2311h, spend $270 on the other two last month

How is it with regards to ghosting and whatnot in faster paced games?

A review I read said this is not a very good choice for FPSs.

It's great with fast paced games. The person who said it's not a very good choice probably owns some cheap Asus or CRT monitor and plays CounterStrike all day.

only people who say ips are bad for games are tn zealots who have probably never used one.

I know that Dell is in every state, did they charge tax?

Edit: Yes they do.

Last edited:
I'm a CRT die hard... last time I tried an LCD on my home rig it was a Dell 24" about 4 years ago. It was bright as all hell (at min backlight) and the viewing angles were so bad that the black/grey tiles on HardForum drove me insane. Ghosting and input lag were pretty bad too.

But, I've been using a 27" Mac Cinema display at work and IPS monitors are really quite beautiful, though I haven't tried gaming at work :p

I just have to tell myself to let my CRT go... my poor 21" HP CRT of beautiful black levels... sigh... I actually have been telling myself all these years that something better will come along; SED, OLED, something! Alas, there are still no new candidates less than 2 years away that I can see.

Anyway, I pulled the trigger on this thing. Worst comes to worst I'm sure I can find someone local to resell it to.

They started with 1000 about 3.5 hrs ago.. and now down to 310.

If you want in, better pull the trigger before tomorrow morning. I'm sure deal will be dead by then!

It's great with fast paced games. The person who said it's not a very good choice probably owns some cheap Asus or CRT monitor and plays CounterStrike all day.

Thanks for the response.

Digital Versus isn't exactly new to monitor reviews though. lol

Althought it did receive 4 out of 5 stars for the "Responsiveness" category, one of the cons at the end of the review states, "A little slow for FPS gaming". Does anybody know the responsivness of this panel when compared to the 3007WFP-HC.

I'm very tempted to just grab three despite the issues I have heard about. Seems like a great deal.

The 3007-HC is much better in responsiveness and I wouldn't swap it out for anything if I were you.

I sold my 3007-HC for three U2211Hs. Regreted it after a week. Screens are too small, anything 24" and under I rather have 16:10 panels. Now I have a U2711 and will only go Eyefinity again if I can get two more of these at a good price.

The 3007-HC is much better in responsiveness and I wouldn't swap it out for anything if I were you.

I sold my 3007-HC for three U2211Hs. Regreted it after a week. Screens are too small, anything 24" and under I rather have 16:10 panels. Now I have a U2711 and will only go Eyefinity again if I can get two more of these at a good price.

I'm not swapping out my 3007WFP-HC, I am looking for 3 other monitors for Eyefinity or Nvidia Surround, I am still keeping the 30". I just don't have the desire to do 3x1 30" multi-monitor.

I actually prefer 16:9 over 16:10 though.

In for two! I just picked up a used one for $150 2 days ago and was going to only get one more on ebay for 265ish...

Lucked out! Eyefinity here I come!

FFFFFFFFFFFFF

Were 10 left, had it in my cart, but it said it was not available when I checked out. Not meant to be just yet I suppose.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!

Last edited:
I have 3 of this on my setup and play in Nvidia surround portrait. I am very happy with them and have never seen any type of ghosting ion my gaming. The colors are very nice and overall if I would buy them again, I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

All the purple/yellow glow stuff from the Displays thread has me concerned with these.

This just ruined my entire day.

Last night I was like "sweet! I'll buy one first thing in the morning!"

Back