Dell trouble with Windows and recovery

the_servicer

2[H]4U
I bought a new computer online from Dell Outlet. It came with an image of Windows 7 which required a password. The password was not provided. It appeared to have been customized for a specific customer other than me. I contacted Dell and they sent me a Windows recovery USB device. When I boot it, it gives me an error message saying information is missing or corrupted and will not continue. When I press OK it reboots the whole system.

Has anyone else experienced a problem like this?

If you have a Next Business Day warranty on that machine, I would ask for a technician to be sent out onsite to fix it. Other than that, they will either need to send out another recovery key or a new machine.

thhe FASTEST Way is to use a dell recovery DVD, Wipe the partitions and install it.

I bought a new computer online from Dell Outlet. It came with an image of Windows 7 which required a password. The password was not provided. It appeared to have been customized for a specific customer other than me. I contacted Dell and they sent me a Windows recovery USB device. When I boot it, it gives me an error message saying information is missing or corrupted and will not continue. When I press OK it reboots the whole system.

Has anyone else experienced a problem like this?

i would call dell about it...maybe they need to send another usb flash drive? be nice if they just let you download an iso as well

Thanks for the ideas. They eventually sent someone out to fix it on site. It's all good now and the guy even left me with an official Dell Windows disc.

Back