Dell Studio 1537: Windows 7 Drivers

StarsFan4Life

Limp Gawd
Quick question.

Is Dell planning to release Windows 7 drivers for machines built within the last year or two? I have a Dell Studio 1537 that I put Win7 RC1 on and would like to put the full version on it soon. One main driver I need is the finger print reader.

The only drivers I see for the Studio 1537 is both the 32 and 64 bit Vista drivers:

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...abIndex=&scanSupported=True&scanConsent=False

I'm currently running windows 7 rtm on my studio 1535 and the fingerprint software that came installed on vista works fine.You can also use dell software update to download v.4 of digital persona fingerprint software.:):):):):)

Yes, I would imagine pretty soon we'll be seeing drivers for windows 7 on dell's site.

I'm currently running windows 7 rtm on my studio 1535 and the fingerprint software that came installed on vista works fine.You can also use dell software update to download v.4 of digital persona fingerprint software.:):):):):)

Can you link me to this download?

Ok. I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit on the following setup:

Dell 1537
Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26GHZ
4GB RAM
60GB Kingston SSD V+

Windows 7 was able to find all the drivers needed except for the fingerprint reader. I went to Dell's website and downloaded the Vista 32bit drivers and installed it. However, I don't see any software installed that allows me to setup a finger "account" login.

What am I doing wrong here?

Back