Dell ST2410 24” Full HD Widescreen Monitor $179 free shipping

Sorry guys, it seems like the deal only lasted till the early afternoon. Hopefully it comes back later.

I've always tried to stay away from these 'value' monitors from companies I've never heard of because they always have a few characteristics in common: bad customer support, cheap stands, and a failing backlight.

I would go as far to say that Hannspree also falls in this category.

CoW]8(0);1035308009 said:
Sorry guys, it seems like the deal only lasted till the early afternoon. Hopefully it comes back later.

I've always tried to stay away from these 'value' monitors from companies I've never heard of because they always have a few characteristics in common: bad customer support, cheap stands, and a failing backlight.

I would go as far to say that Hannspree also falls in this category.

True, but there are exceptions...For instance, I have two 22" Chimei monitors that have worked perfectly for over 2 years...The only places I've seen this brand mentioned are Tigerdirect and Microcenter. And besides, sometimes the price point makes it worth a gamble...not saying that's necessarily the case here, but to each his own.Also, reviews.

True, but there are exceptions...For instance, I have two 22" Chimei monitors that have worked perfectly for over 2 years...The only places I've seen this brand mentioned are Tigerdirect and Microcenter. And besides, sometimes the price point makes it worth a gamble...not saying that's necessarily the case here, but to each his own.Also, reviews.

Actually, Chimei is huge, and they make a lot of panels for other brands, such as Westinghouse, I believe. You just don't see them make as many under their own name, although they're much more common in Asia.

Actually, Chimei is huge, and they make a lot of panels for other brands, such as Westinghouse, I believe. You just don't see them make as many under their own name, although they're much more common in Asia.

Hmmph, good to know.

Chimei is a huge company..

lots of brand using their panel, such as Veiewsonic, samsung.. etc

Chimei just dont appear much in US, but in Asia, especially Taiwan is quite popular..

Just another heads up, this screen only uses 2 CCFLs instead of 4, some people seem to not like what this does (uneven brightness, color issues)

why are so many people dissing this LCD? I don't think it's all that bad considering it can be had for under $200. I'm thinking about getting one just to have it as an external display for my netbook when I'm at home on my desk.

I am considering this monitor as well, but the brightness rating concerns me a bit. The lower than average number seems to match up with the fact that it only uses to 2 CCFL lamps instead of the usual 4.

CoW]8(0);1035320686 said:
I am considering this monitor as well, but the brightness rating concerns me a bit. The lower than average number seems to match up with the fact that it only uses to 2 CCFL lamps instead of the usual 4.

does the 2409 use 2? If so, I would easily consider buying two of these suckers as there is NOTHING wrong with my 2409. I look at it straight on... if I am going to go eyefintiny i'll have those monitors pointed at me as well...

CoW]8(0);1035320686 said:

I use this and could tell the difference in brightness...it is def not as bright as my other 24 inch monitor...but, works great and looks decent with games (have had to bump up brightness - but not a big deal!) Very good steal for under $200.

I also have a 2409 and love it. If this is at least comparable it would be a great deal for 99% of us.

I just pulled the trigger on one of these. It'll be hooked up to my recently purchased netbook for when I'm at my desk at home so it should be just fine.

Bit, got it, LOVE IT. It's plenty bright to me and I don't have "uneven" lighting problems. Whoever sees this must be seriously seriously anal about their picture.

Play a lot of games, watch netflix, and blu-ray movies and it's excellent. Great buy.

I bit on this back in January. I'm in Iraq right now, so I haven't seen it for myself, but my wife loves it. She says it's brighter and the picture quality is much, much better than my old 20" Sceptre LCD. I'm looking forward to putting some quality gaming time in on it this summer.

I bit on this back in January. I'm in Iraq right now, so I haven't seen it for myself, but my wife loves it. She says it's brighter and the picture quality is much, much better than my old 20" Sceptre LCD. I'm looking forward to putting some quality gaming time in on it this summer.

Hehe, I bought this to replace my 20" scepter as well. Its very nice. My daughter loves having the 20" LCD hand me down.

Yeah, I just puleld up the page, its $199

Back