Dell SB BFG Geforce 7900GTX OC 512mb $389.25+tax

Yeah, sorry fluke you have no clue what youre talking about. The first batch of 7900 series cards have had bad voltage regulators. And when overclocking them, seems to make them die off fast. EVGA and XFX are the worst, because they overclock them the highest. Theres actually a statement out on this website you can read. BFG actually has the lowest failure rate because of their lower clocked speeds.

Either way, all the newer cards are from newer batchs and should be fixed. BFG has probably the best support around, so I am not sure what problems you had. Like pentium said, you must have had some random dumb person or something. You can't hang a company for one persons bad experience. Most everyone else has flawless experiences from BFG. If they are not the best, they are definitely at least number 2 behind EVGA. Ill take a BFG or EVGA card before taking any other companies.

If you want to see frustration, go check EVGA 7900 cards around the video card forums on a number of websites, or the evga FORUM. You can see some people have had to RMA their 7900 series cards 8 times!!!!! before they got a working one. 8 bad cards out of 9. And you were angry? :p

pentium said:
Sorry but I disagree 110% with this statement, BFG is well known in our enthusiast community, you most likely received support from a low level technician that has ZERO authority in the company and he was following his own ridiculous instincts.

The tech had me on hold for about 5 minutes while he spoke with the tech support supervisor. It was the supervisor that voided my warranty. I'm just passing along the facts of my experience with BFG. Glad yours is better.

Retsam said:
Yeah, sorry fluke you have no clue what youre talking about.

As I said, I'm passing along the experience I had with BFG. I'm very well informed in that regard. BFG has built a great reputation, but with tech supervisors making decisions like this, it won't last long.

Fluke said:
As I said, I'm passing along the experience I had with BFG. I'm very well informed in that regard. BFG has built a great reputation, but with tech supervisors making decisions like this, it won't last long.

Seriously.

He was just stating his experience.

How is it possible he has no clue, about something that happened to him, Retsam?

I think I skewed that a bit. I was sorta refering my statement to him in reference to the card dying. Not his experience. He is definitely allowed to state his experience. I was just trying to point out, if he was upset about the card dying, bfg actually has the lowest failure rate out of all of them due to their lower clocked speeds. :p

Retsam said:
I think I skewed that a bit. I was sorta refering my statement to him in reference to the card dying. Not his experience. He is definitely allowed to state his experience. I was just trying to point out, if he was upset about the card dying, bfg actually has the lowest failure rate out of all of them due to their lower clocked speeds. :p

The card dying was not the problem. That's actually NVIDIA's screw up since all 7900GTX cards are made by a single manufacturer under contract to NVIDIA. What pissed me off big time was voiding my warranty (on a 2 day old very expensive card) when I downclocked the memory.

pentium said:
You can't ask for better support from a company than to have someone hand pick you a new card, give you their personal cellphone to contact them and even call you daily to ensure you are a happy customer.

The 3 owners of BFG started that company a few years ago unhappy with Visiontek where they were all three executives of. They are gamers, and enthusiats themselves and want nothing more than to have happy customers.

It's good to know that they support their video cards so dilligently, because the support for their nForce4 motherboard is shit. It was one of those mobos that had issues with the X-Fi. It took them something like 7+ months to issue a BIOS update. Prior to that, there was absolutely NO INFORMATION on their website or FAQ about the problem. Come to think of it, there's also NO INFORMATION about the 7900 problem on their website. Why aren't they more public about these issues?

And before someone points it out, yes, I know that Chaintech actually made their mobo, but that does not excuse the lack of public acknowledgement on BFG's part.

CzarKasm said:
It's good to know that they support their video cards so dilligently, because the support for their nForce4 motherboard is shit. It was one of those mobos that had issues with the X-Fi. It took them something like 7+ months to issue a BIOS update. Prior to that, there was absolutely NO INFORMATION on their website or FAQ about the problem. Come to think of it, there's also NO INFORMATION about the 7900 problem on their website. Why aren't they more public about these issues?

And before someone points it out, yes, I know that Chaintech actually made their mobo, but that does not excuse the lack of public acknowledgement on BFG's part.

To educate you CzarKasm here are 2 websites you will find the X-FI has issues with many mobos including my Asus A8N32-SLI, but also with Intel mobos and various others including DFI & MSI. If you want to see support nightmares look at Creative's responses in that thread. Prior to that thread there was another which CL Admin closed that had 188 posts from angry people so they moved it to a new one. Creative is pointing the finger at mobo manufacturers for their X-FI popping / crackling and screeches of death which I also get randomly on different reboots.

I think there are over 1,800 petitions from angry X-FI owners right now.

http://forums.creative.com/creative...ssage.id=61926&view=by_date_ascending&page=46

http://www.petitiononline.com/poipoi1/petition.html

Nope still no tracking number as of this morning
update 1:37 tracking number ...yeah delivery scheduled for Monday.

After this incident I have spoken with my CEO to plead for us to discontinue business with Dell (we order approx $1-$2 million a year)

I was informed 2 weeks ago my shipping was changed to Next Day air, my card was shipped Wednesday 6:44pm, DHL scanned at 7:05pm which according to DHL disqualified the shipment from arriving on Thursday 6/1/06 (F*ck DHL too horrible company)

I called yesterday and confirmed with Dell and DHL that the package was next day. Now today it is magically shipped as GROUND and will not be here until Monday.

Dell clearly screwed up the shipping as they have screwed up countless of our company's orders in the past even accidentally have cancelled entire server projects.

These people ONLY stay in business due to marketing and prices. They are not good in service / support / customer service.

Friend of mine works with Carnival Cruise lines they used to use Dell and spend $10 million / yr in IT, now they use HP instead. Sadly though when Dell has another deal like this that saves me alot of money I'll be forced to order from them again :mad: :mad:

Dell knows this fact and will lose money on items just to keep their orders flowing!

Mine had been scheduled to ship on 6/8 and I received it on Monday, 6/5. 7900GTX SLI, Woot!

Why0Why said:
Mine had been scheduled to ship on 6/8 and I received it on Monday, 6/5. 7900GTX SLI, Woot!

yeah mine was scheduled for 7/12 and i got it monday 6/5 as well. tracking # said 6/7 but came early. glad the wait is FINALLY over.

Got mine on 6/5 as well.... yeah... Geesh that box has some weight to it.

Damn-- BFG doesn't cover shipping when sending them cards.
How is everyone dealing with these cards?
Having them replaced through dell? or paying and shipping it to BFG?

I think you will be much better off going through BFG. Shipping should only be a few dollars.

pro956 said:
Damn-- BFG doesn't cover shipping when sending them cards.
How is everyone dealing with these cards?
Having them replaced through dell? or paying and shipping it to BFG?

Talk to supervisor have it escalated, refer them to numerous sites with this same issue and tell them it was DOA (Defective on Arrival)

Do not pay costs for a defective card out of the box.

Standard BFG is to pay $15 for shipping though you will need to speak to a supervisor and have him get it approved. THey are well aware of this issue with HDR lock ups

Back