Dell SB BFG Geforce 7900GTX OC 512mb $389.25+tax

deepinya said:
You do realize that the card showed 6+ weeks for delivery before you ordered it, correct? You guys shouldnt be surprised when it was right there to read.....thats why I didnt order it.

The site did not say anything about it being backordered upon placing my order. The post order shipment date was 4-13. Well 4-13 came and it changed to 7-18

amd ati FO SHO said:
the xfx 7900gtx already shipping, maybe should have ordered xfx instead of bfg

I ordered the XFX on the last day of the deal, and it still hasn't shipped says 5/4.

w00t! My XFX 7900GTX just got delivered. :D

I ordered on the 18th, so less than a week delivery. The May 3 estimated ship date was definitely bogus.

Deus said:
The site did not say anything about it being backordered upon placing my order. The post order shipment date was 4-13. Well 4-13 came and it changed to 7-18

It SHOWED (in little blue writing) "6+ weeks for delivery" before you even added it to your cart....otherwise I would have ordered it.

Unless you are referring to the original deal a few weeks back? This thread is about the recent deal only 5 days ago.

CzarKasm said:
w00t! My XFX 7900GTX just got delivered. :D

I ordered on the 18th, so less than a week delivery. The May 3 estimated ship date was definitely bogus.

lol, that's awesome. :)

dell doesnt go and ship in the ordering of first come first serve. i ordered on the 17th... those bastards, i want me VC now!!! :D

Mine still says Shipping date 5/3/06 and also says backordered. I am going to call them tommorrow.

My X1900XT is still backordered until 5/3 also. I can wait, I already have a sufficient system up and running.

krameriffic said:
My X1900XT is still backordered until 5/3 also. I can wait, I already have a sufficient system up and running.

my ati cards have already arrived. my 7900gtx says 5/2

$412 after tax for a crossfire edition. Got it yesterday. Ordered a board from zzf with 2 day shipping so i can get her going this weekend.

Gigabit said:
lol, that's awesome. :)

dell doesnt go and ship in the ordering of first come first serve. i ordered on the 17th... those bastards, i want me VC now!!! :D

Which XFX card did you order? I mistakenly ordered the "regular" 512MB version, not the Extreme Edition.

i ordered the extreme edition... we'll see when they ship i guess. i will make a post.

texuspete00 said:
$412 after tax for a crossfire edition. Got it yesterday. Ordered a board from zzf with 2 day shipping so i can get her going this weekend.

damn! so sad i missed out on this deal :(

For those of you that ordered the XFX 7900GTX boards, PriceGrabber has a $10 rebate available if you submit a review. I've sent in for the $5 rebates before for cheaper items and got them fulfilled with no hassles. This would be a good way to recoup most of what you spent for the Dell coupon on eBay. ;)

yeah, mine is still showing backordered also, shipping 5/2

by the time i get the card the prices will have dropped normally to what i paid for it! LOL

Northerner said:
yeah, mine is still showing backordered also, shipping 5/2

by the time i get the card the prices will have dropped normally to what i paid for it! LOL

ditto 5/2

I have the regular XFX 7900GTX still in producation with an estimated ship date of 5/4.

if i were you guys, i would save my order and just complain to dell.

dell gave me a $50 coupon! i ended up buying a wd 80gig sata 8mb for $9 shipped.

g0dM@n said:
if i were you guys, i would save my order and just complain to dell.

dell gave me a $50 coupon! i ended up buying a wd 80gig sata 8mb for $9 shipped.

Thats quite a deal.

don't cancel your cards... get the $50 coupon like me!! :) It works on ANYTHING as long as you don't try to make the end price negative cuz obviously you can't get money out of it. Anything that's $50 ends up being almost free....

in my case:
80 GB Caviar Special Edition WD800JD Internal Serial ATA 7200 RPM Hard Drive with 8 MB Cache
Qty: 1
Unit Price: $64.99

Save 10% on select Storage through the Small Business division.
Expires on 2006-05-04 11:30:00
- $6.50

ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS AND COUPONS
Small Business customers receive FREE 3-5 day Shipping on select all Software and Peripheral order priced $49 or higher!
Expires on 2008-01-01 12:30:00
- $5.50

CQ $50 good only for purchases on www.dell.com/smallbusiness Exp06/30/06
Expires on 2006-07-01 04:59:59
- $50.00

Sub-Total: $8.49
Shipping Discount: -$5.50
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $0.68
Total: $9.17

:) :) :)

I hate to just rail on a company when they have normal everyday snafus and normally incompetent personnel.

So I will rail on DELL instead.

My order was supposed to ship today too. Now seeing as how DELL must have some MAJOR weight with vendors, you'd think that they would probably get product shipment lead times from their vendors that are pretty darn accurate, or at the very worst, with a few days notice if something is not going to arrive on time. So tell me, JUST TELL ME, why would they not bother to get off their lazy butts and let us know that our orders are going to be delayed PRIOR to the date we are EXPECTING shipment ??? - NOOooooo way - they wait until THE ACTUAL day of expected shipment before sending us an email pushing the delivery out by a week (so far).

My customer just LOVES me when I call THEM at the last minute to tell them that they can sit on that whole New $6000 server system (medical graphics) for want of a graphics card.

Well, I just had to know, so what do I do ? I get on the phone to them. I start with the clickable URL that came with the email delay notice - now you would expect that to take me to some kind of advisory page, but alas, no it takes me to a page where I have have to put in my order number manually, instead of just picking up the number from the email. OK, then it takes me to what ? another page stating that my order status cannot be obtained because I placed my order with a different Dell division! - but this was the clickable link from THEIR EMAIL!

OK, OK, I get a hold of myself, I call in and get to talk to some mindless bimbo that want
me to authenticate myself, eight ways till Tuesday! - Now if I go online, I just need the order number and one other piece of info - zip code, phone number or whatever I have to authenticate myself.

But if CALL in, they want my order number, my phone number, my customer number, my address, city, state, zip, my calling phone number, my phone number of record when I opened my account (different) - OK, after several 4 letter words (mine) I hang up and call back.

Oops - got India this time - hang up again, even if I COULD understand them, they haven't a clue about any real-time delivery info.

Call back again, Oops get thrown onto the automated order response line with the recorded message and no way back to a main menu. I hang up again. Call back again, this time I get a guy, pleasant enough, after authenticating all over again, he tells me that my order came from a different division and he can't even TELL ME as much as the email did - "you probably have more info in that email than I do!"

OK, OK, calm down, self, calm....."Can you escalate this call to a supervisor?, I say"
"No, because your order is from the other division, we can't help you here" !!!!!!!!!"

"can you transfer me to them then" - "Sure, I can"
CLICK - Busy Signal ... autodisconnect !!!!!

OK, I am getting worn out typing here, so let me just say, I called back THREE more times and got treated with more stupidity than before and I NEVER EVER DID get an answer. I never COULD get to a live person in the division that this order was placed in. I spent One Hour and 45 minutes just trying to find out if the next ship date is likely to be real and heck, (smack my head against the keyboard) I have NO FREAKIN idea!

So, I guess I wait to see if my order ever shows up, but I will NOT try to call those morons
again - EVER!

I am done, adios, sayonara, arrivederci, goodbye Michael, you need to get your VP's in your order prevention department off the golf course and figure out what the heck is going on in this company!

And by the bye, do you really NEED 8+ freaking divisions of incompetency ?
Maybe thats by design ? kinda like when we all have problems with our systems, the software vendors get to blame the hardware vendors who get to blame the software vendors ?
With so many divisons at DELL, no one is EVER RESPONSIBLE for my order!

10gauge, you need to calm down bro. You are obviously new to hot-deals lol. Sometimes this is how things work. When deals get posted on 4 different HUGE hot-deal sites, stuff gets really backordered. I realize what you are saying but, theres no need to get upset about it. Yes it sucks. Ive said it before to other people, if you cant deal with delays, STOP getting in on hot-deals. Because any huge hot-deal gets slammed and backordered. It happends all the time... Yes, they could be more on top of it. However dell is a pretty huge company. Be patient like everyone else. Getting upset is just going to raise your blood pressure for no reason.

Im sure I will get an email tomorrow saying my order is more backordered again as well.

I was checking my order status this morning, it is suppose to be delievered today. It is still showing up 5/3/06 shipping date. I called Dell a week ago, and they changed my shipping from regular to next day, so lets see if they ship it today or not.
I am keeping my fingures crossed. There is no way i will cancel this order, unless they pay me $50 cash. :D

g0dM@n said:
don't cancel your cards... get the $50 coupon like me!! :) It works on ANYTHING as long as you don't try to make the end price negative cuz obviously you can't get money out of it. Anything that's $50 ends up being almost free....

in my case:
80 GB Caviar Special Edition WD800JD Internal Serial ATA 7200 RPM Hard Drive with 8 MB Cache
Qty: 1
Unit Price: $64.99

Save 10% on select Storage through the Small Business division.
Expires on 2006-05-04 11:30:00
- $6.50

ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS AND COUPONS
Small Business customers receive FREE 3-5 day Shipping on select all Software and Peripheral order priced $49 or higher!
Expires on 2008-01-01 12:30:00
- $5.50

CQ $50 good only for purchases on www.dell.com/smallbusiness Exp06/30/06
Expires on 2006-07-01 04:59:59
- $50.00

Sub-Total: $8.49
Shipping Discount: -$5.50
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $0.68
Total: $9.17

:) :) :)

what address did u email them at? and if you used the online thing, what did you put for service code

Back