Dell SB BFG Geforce 7900GTX OC 512mb $389.25+tax

amd ati FO SHO said:
i believe the 25% coupons expire today, so order fast. My x1900xt already shipped.

See, I think those estimated ship dates are bogus. Mine says May 3, but I've read a lot of people (including you) saying that they are shipping already.

StangMan04 said:
looks like im going to have to buy a code. i might be able to get a code for $7 from this guy on ebay. I guess this is the only way to get a code. Sad people have to sell them just to make a buck when so many people need it. Guess its the world we live in now.

That's the neat thing about living in a capitalist society. Anybody can charge whatever they jolly well please for something if they know they can get it due to the fundamental laws of supply and demand.

krameriffic said:
See, I think those estimated ship dates are bogus. Mine says May 3, but I've read a lot of people (including you) saying that they are shipping already.

That's the neat thing about living in a capitalist society. Anybody can charge whatever they jolly well please for something if they know they can get it due to the fundamental laws of supply and demand.

Well my x1900xt at time of order said 3-4 shipping time.

my 7900gtx said 1-2 weeks when i ordered, now it says 5/3.

just to clear things up

Just got an X1900XT Crossfire Master for $411 2nd day shipped. Oh, yeah, I bought a code on Ebay for $8.00, so make that $419 2nd day shipped. Could have had it for $399 shipped if I wanted free ground shipping. I'm not that patient. :)

I was diddling around with just getting a regular 1900xt (and taking my existing week-old 1900xt back to Fry's and saving $165), but as I was adding and removing and price comparing, the 1900xt must have sold out, shipping on it went from 1 business day to 1-2 weeks. So, Crossfire version it is, and I still save $144 over the Fry's price.

Now, I need to decide...do I take my existing X1900 back to Fry's, and just run the master card?

Or do I take my existing Abit AN8-32X (also a week old, and it's a great board) back to Fry's and swap for an Asus A8R-32 Deluxe and actually run Crossfire mode? That's a $500+ question.

I'll also tell you right now, had Dell had any 7900GTX's that I could buy NOW, I would have went that route, I'd much prefer to keep my Abit board (no reinstall hassle, for one thing), and still think SLI is a better solution despite 7900 shortages,

Not to mention my 15-day return period at Fry's would probably have expired before the 7900GTX got here, which means I would have to get some el-cheapo PCI-e board to hold me over, and most likely be returning that as well (returning the X1900 because I got a much better deal is OK by my ethics, but "borrowing" a cheap card is in a gray area.)

I've decided that I'm not going to use mine. Hope it goes to good use.

TJGBG38LTMBXSK

Please post when used, thanks.

BlueAqua said:
I've decided that I'm not going to use mine. Hope it goes to good use.

TJGBG38LTMBXSK

Please post when used, thanks.

It is already used :(

I jumped on this deal too, thanks OP. Hopefully this won't distract me TOO much for finals :D

I have, and it's the radeon. If you think different, does it matter?

I don't know. I went from a 7800GTX 256 to a radeon x1900XT. Instead of just an fps boost I got a noticeable filtering IQ boost (opts vrs. opts, max IQ vrs. max IQ), and I play Oblivion with HDR+AA. ATi has intangibles that don't show up on the bar graphs, and there bar graphs look plenty fine to me. Besides heat and noise, I fail to see how a 7900GTX could be considered a better card than a x1900XT or XTX.

annaconda said:
So did we decide which card is better X1900XTX or 7900GTX
X1900
Simply because of HDR+AA
And that physics in Crossfire is supposed to be a LOT faster than on SLI.

Well there is no way i am using SLI or Crossfire. It is too expensive for me, and i don;t see any game utilizing HDR+AA except Oblivian. So whats the point of getting XT or XTX while you can use it in one game and rest games belongs to 7900GTX.

If by belong you mean +2fps with weak filtering than I guess you are right. Btw, oblivion is the best game this year so far bar none. It's a good card but your pining for comments after making your opinion known.

"So did we decide which card is better X1900XTX or 7900GTX"

Crossfire edition has shipped. wOOt!

For anyone who ordered the XFX 7900GTX, keep an eye out . . . my two cards have been shipped!

jnick said:
For anyone who ordered the XFX 7900GTX, keep an eye out . . . my two cards have been shipped!

Same here... My order originally estimated May, but then I got an email this morning saying that it shipped. $409.67 after CA tax. :D

Deus said:
7900GT ordered 3-29...expected ship date 7-18.... :eek:

i think dell got overwhelmed with orders, and are really far behind.

i think they are trying to get people to cancel, 7/18 is unreasonable

amd ati FO SHO said:
i think dell got overwhelmed with orders, and are really far behind.

i think they are trying to get people to cancel, 7/18 is unreasonable

good luck if they are thinking im gonna cancel :D

I believe the 7/18 is to scare people out of this deal so they wont be backed up...lol.

Carbon_Le said:
I believe the 7/18 is to scare people out of this deal so they wont be backed up...lol.

Seriously. I don't understand how they can make any money when they have these kinds of deals so often that place their prices so much lower than everybody elses. They obviously can't keep up, so how many more times can Dell do this before they finally get a clue? Don't get me wrong, I love a sweet deal, but the back order and ship date hassles that are going to come out of it once more and more people become aware of them are going to prevent people from bothering.

krameriffic said:
Seriously. I don't understand how they can make any money when they have these kinds of deals so often that place their prices so much lower than everybody elses. They obviously can't keep up, so how many more times can Dell do this before they finally get a clue? Don't get me wrong, I love a sweet deal, but the back order and ship date hassles that are going to come out of it once more and more people become aware of them are going to prevent people from bothering.

True but isnt it nvidias fault for the low supply? I know its dells in some ways...especially for letting people purchase it when they dont know its on backorder. Dont get me wrong i would of been all over this deal if i had a coupon...i dont mind waiting but if its 2-3 month wait fuk that.

my x1900xt and x1900 crossfire master get here today, hmmm maybe i'll drive to mwave and get a crossfire board

Deus said:
7900GT ordered 3-29...expected ship date 7-18.... :eek:

You do realize that the card showed 6+ weeks for delivery before you ordered it, correct? You guys shouldnt be surprised when it was right there to read.....thats why I didnt order it.

Back