Dell S3220DGF - $349 Best Buy

I have one, fir the price and what you get it its not a bad monitor, but the gtg pixel response is subpar. If you have ever gamed on a tn panel this will feel muddy. I ended up keeping the monitor bc my main tv is an nu8000 and im used to the VA panel, but i cant really play fps on it.

also as a reference I also own the
24” dell gsync gaming monitor 2417 dg

And it is a much better gaming monitor

Final thought
I see the 27” is on sale for 299 again maybe that is the better buy?

I have one, fir the price and what you get it its not a bad monitor, but the gtg pixel response is subpar. If you have ever gamed on a tn panel this will feel muddy. I ended up keeping the monitor bc my main tv is an nu8000 and im used to the VA panel, but i cant really play fps on it.

also as a reference I also own the
24” dell gsync gaming monitor 2417 dg

And it is a much better gaming monitor

Final thought
I see the 27” is on sale for 299 again maybe that is the better buy?
Hmmmm FPS is what I mainly play. Slow response or?

Its not that it has a super bad response time by any means, and very low input lag, its just a cheaper VA panel that doesn't have the ability to respond like a 1 ms tn panel has.

if you've never had a higher end gaming monitor this will look and feel great, just when the 27” is an option for 100 less i feel like its a better fps monitor.

this is based off about 5 hours with the outer worlds, 5 hours with the new mw, and 2 or 3 hours in borderlands 3

How does this par up with in terms of picture quality with a 32 inch HP Omen? Both Va panels.

I'm in the market for a 32 inch high refresh rate 1440p monitor.

It should beat the omen just on the fact that its 165hz as opposed to 75 , but i haven't tried the omen, only using my experience with the three monitors i referenced earlier.

So my friend picked up two of these, one for him and one for his wife. I bought one for myself after seeing it in person.

he’s on a gtx 1080, she’s got an rtx 2070 super, and I’ve got a 5700xt.

on the 1080 he has had occasional flickering with the freesync turned on, but we haven’t had time to see if it is cables or some other problem. No issues on the rtx card or the Radeon.

I’m really liking mine, and they both like them too. The only thing I can think of that would be a turn off for someone is the ppi- since it’s a big screen I keep it further back, maybe 3 feet or so, and I think it’s fine, but if you want a sharper display or you’re keeping it closer to your face you might not like the 32” / 1440p combination.

i really like it, especially for the price.

This is my first high refresh and variable refresh display. other screens I’ve used recently in comparison for games/ productivity:

Dell u3415w
Dell u2715h
Dell u2414h
Visio e43-f1

worth mentioning I think: the only alternative on price and features is probably monoprice’ 32” 1440p freesync, which uses the Samsung panel from the 32” hg70.

Back