Dell S2716DG 27" QHD Monitor. GSYNC 1440p 144Hz $529

Nice Deal!

I seen this yesterday. I'm waiting for this to be in the $350 range. I may be an old man by then but at least there should be graphics cards able to push 4K at 100fps without the need for g / free sync

perhaps in another 5 years or so there will be mainstream mid range graphics cardsavailable with the ability to push 4K resolutions at 100+ fps.

perhaps in another 5 years or so there will be mainstream mid range graphics cardsavailable with the ability to push 4K resolutions at 100+ fps.

I see, but g sync is still something you would want. as soon as you dip below the max refresh rate of the screen, g sync makes a difference.

Nice Deal!

I seen this yesterday. I'm waiting for this to be in the $350 range. I may be an old man by then but at least there should be graphics cards able to push 4K at 100fps without the need for g / free sync

I am right there with you. New monitors are in that upgrade category that I only spend money on if my current one breaks. I just don't see a 500$ improvement on gaming or performance with a new monitor. Even if it is awesome and on my wish list.

I see, but g sync is still something you would want. as soon as you dip below the max refresh rate of the screen, g sync makes a difference.

Seems like more of a problem on a 144hz monitor than a 60hz monitor.

I am right there with you. New monitors are in that upgrade category that I only spend money on if my current one breaks. I just don't see a 500$ improvement on gaming or performance with a new monitor. Even if it is awesome and on my wish list.

Right, it's the one thing you don't upgrade because it still works, I know what you're saying but trust me gsync is worth upgrading to. It's like ssd's prior, I'll upgrade when I can but soon as you do, you can't go back.

Might have to bite on this one. Who knows when Asus will release their ultrawide gsync.

Same panel as PG278Q with Dell quality in the rest of the monitor. Definitely worth it. Variable refresh technology will change your life once you experience it firsthand. If I didn't already have a PG278Q I would definitely jump on this. The PG348Q will be my next monitor.

Same panel as PG278Q with Dell quality in the rest of the monitor. Definitely worth it. Variable refresh technology will change your life once you experience it firsthand. If I didn't already have a PG278Q I would definitely jump on this. The PG348Q will be my next monitor.

Are you running 980 Ti's? I feel like I may have to get another 980 Ti to get my frames over 60 and take advantage of the 144hz

Are you running 980 Ti's? I feel like I may have to get another 980 Ti to get my frames over 60 and take advantage of the 144hz

Single 980ti handles my ROG Swift no problem. Anything above 50FPS is smooth as butter. Even when it dips below, its much better than a non gsync monitor

Single 980ti handles my ROG Swift no problem. Anything above 50FPS is smooth as butter. Even when it dips below, its much better than a non gsync monitor

agreed, same experience here with my 980 Ti and ROG Swift. This Dell monitor is a great deal.

Seems like more of a problem on a 144hz monitor than a 60hz monitor.

He didn't explain it right. It makes a difference at any FPS. You get the reduced input lag of not needing to enable vsync coupled with no tearing. Tearing occurs at any FPS, on a standard monitor without vsync, including locked in at 60fps.

A single 980Ti is enough for most games and over 60FPS, but if you want to max everything out in more demanding games with 4xMSAA/MFAA/TXAA you will need a 2nd card.

Doesn't hurt to try with one and if its not enough get that 2nd card.

But yeah so far praise for this monitor has been high, Dell quality control and overall build quality on their Ultrasharps are second to none and unlike Asus and Acer, their 3-year warranty actually means something (free cross-ship, instantly). I've been extremely happy and lucky with my launch ROG Swift and have no regrets, but given the choice today I wouldn't hesitate to go with the Dell version.

After seeing the PG279Q first-hand and reading some horror stories about these PLS G-Sync monitors, I may just wait for the Dell version of the PG348Q as well (if one ever comes out).

He didn't explain it right. It makes a difference at any FPS. You get the reduced input lag of not needing to enable vsync coupled with no tearing. Tearing occurs at any FPS, on a standard monitor without vsync, including locked in at 60fps.

Right. It seems people still don't quite understand how it works. Higher fps or higher refresh alone don't solve those problems. You need the sync.

Only $560 after rebate now. Still doesn't seem like a bad deal at that price either.

Back