Dell’s Venue 8 Pro tablet for $99 at Microsoft Stores on Monday

The first 20 in line get it for $99, anyone after that has to pay $199 for it. They expected to only have 30 total, but got more and have said so far everyone in line is able to get one.

Online sold out in 7 minutes. I never could get it to pull up so I could add to cart.

About 75 in line now. Website says you get a $25 gift card too when buying a touch windows device.

You know, I almost went to the MS store, too. 75 people in line... is nuts!

I am confused. Essentially, you are saying either the Microsoft Store employees already bought the first 20 or the first 20 are not getting the $99 deal. What is going on there?

The first twenty people get it for $99. $199 is until supplies last.

Edit: Didn't realize I didn't refresh this page before replying.

The best part of this deal is that with Venue Pro 8's flooding the market, we should see a lot more accessories. There aren't a lot out there right now outside of Dell (the only company that makes products specifically for the V8P, and the only company that makes a stylus for it, period).
I have both the folio and the stylus on order (stylus due tomorrow, folio pushed back from today to Wed.), but FYI, there are long wait times for them, so order sooner rather than later.

When they come in, I'll post feedback.

Yup, it's about time.

"Sorry, there was a problem with your request.
Return to the Microsoft Store home page."

this is bullshit microsoft should have known what kind of a stir this deal would cause and provide adequate bandwidth...time to go back to sleep

I can't even see the "Add To Cart" link for the 32GB model.
It's there for all other tablet PCs.

Placeholder error file. s'all I'm getting

"oh it nearly came up. back to 199
then the page crashed again.
what bullshit
I have a 1gb pipe in work, so no bandwidth issues. MS servers must have just crapped themselves

Yeah looks like it was the 32GB model, not a great deal at $199 anyways imo for that one. Will be that price again shortly, MicroCenter has it for $230 without the fuss.

It was only worth it to me on the chance it was 99, personally. It's not a terrible price at 200, but not worth all the fuss imo.

All i got was placeholder error file, did see it for 199 clicked add to cart and then page said nothing was in my cart GG.

It was only worth it to me on the chance it was 99, personally. It's not a terrible price at 200, but not worth all the fuss imo.

Yah, that was the way I looked at it too. Oh well. Next time...

believe me i was doing the control f5 non stop on 2 browsers, chrome never loaded the ADD TO Cart button for me

Ugh............ gave up, congrats to anyone who got it for $99 or $199.

Merry Christmas!

Tried. Got 2 in my cart, not accepting my (non-US) credit cards. Giving me errors direct and via Paypal.
Sick.

I was doing F5 on Chrome AND IE and none loaded the Add to Cart button. Pure BS.

"There was an issue processing your order. Please close your internet browser and resubmit your order in a new browser window. If you are still having challenges, please contact customer service for assistance in completing your purchase.
"

Considering there was probably a million peeps trying to buy only 100 tablets at $99 we never really had a chance. I never got my hopes up so no real letdown. It's like playing the lottery. Lol at people with multiple browsers open hitting f5 constantly.

I got one online at $215.42 after tax and free ground shipping. There is no estimated shipping date.

My feeling is the whole $99 thing was just a driver to get people talking about this and to then buy them at $199.

Back