Dell’s Venue 8 Pro tablet for $99 at Microsoft Stores on Monday

They will have plenty of stock.

People are going to be pissed when they find out no tablet is included.

Sure, The first one is a 200$ Markdown. The other is an insane markdown.

I hit refresh on the video and it's private now, but it said "Surface 2 Pro Complete Bundle". I don't know how else that could be interpreted. It didn't say:

Complete Accessory Bundle*
*Surface 2 Pro shown not included

And it didn't say

$249 for this picture of a Surface 2 Pro

$249 for a screen protector and Office is far from a deal.

I agree, Intel has been trying to push into the mobile market for a year or so. You can either pay a lot of money and run TV, print & online marketing or you can subsidize having maybe 10,000 or so put out into the wild.

I hit refresh on the video and it's private now, but it said "Surface 2 Pro Complete Bundle". I don't know how else that could be interpreted. It didn't say:

Complete Accessory Bundle*
*Surface 2 Pro shown not included

And it didn't say

$249 for this picture of a Surface 2 Pro

$249 for a screen protector and Office is far from a deal.

I agree, Intel has been trying to push into the mobile market for a year or so. You can either pay a lot of money and run TV, print & online marketing or you can subsidize having maybe 10,000 or so put out into the wild.

I HOPE you're right. That would be an insane deal but to me it appears to be just to be the accessory bundle.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=64341944&postcount=148

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=64341944&postcount=148

So i asked my friend who works at MS(not the stores, at the redmond campus), who DID get an email about this week of christmas deals thing.

The only tablet they're doing is the dell, and that's also the only "OMG WHAT" deal. This deal is not for the actual surface, just the other stuff like the office license/screen protector/keyboard/etc. Nearly his exact words were "What? Where the hell did you hear about that?" with relation to the actual tablets being 99/199 as a doorbuster.

He also gave me the impression that the dell deal is going to be completely annihilated by the families of MS employees who have known it was coming since before we all did on here.

Keep running around in circles about this though, and feel free to not believe me. It's not like i can confirm this in any way.

Honestly, That makes sense. Why would they sell a 899$ MSRP tablet at 250$? That would be a serious loss leader.

Again, They the misleading ad on purpose on the surface pro 2

Last edited:
Do you guys know if they would have these in stock at MS store kiosks in the mall?

yes every ms store will have at least 20 even kiosks (so I hear).

I paid 229 for mine..worth every penny. I grabbed a 64 gb uh-1 micro sd card and Install my win apps to it (you can't install metro apps afaik). I grabbed a wedge keyboard and mouse on clearance and absolutely use this as a travel device. Forget my laptop. I can work on it just fine (and now that i can use cisco anyconnect on a win tablet I can vpn in!) I have installed portal, hl2 and l4d2 on this and it plays just fine

The battery life on this is amazing and I have full fledged windows in my hands that is the same size as a nexus 7 or ipad mini. Even comes with word, execl and pp..

Build quality is great too.

I would try to get one monday for 99 bucks but I am pretty sure there will be more than 20 people in line before I can get to my mall and get in line.

Bad snow storm here on the east coast, anyone watching football can see what I'm talking about. I wasn't planning on going anyways but anyone who does make sure to be safe, not worth risking your life for a cheaper tablet.

yes every ms store will have at least 20 even kiosks (so I hear).

I paid 229 for mine..worth every penny. I grabbed a 64 gb uh-1 micro sd card and Install my win apps to it (you can't install metro apps afaik). I grabbed a wedge keyboard and mouse on clearance and absolutely use this as a travel device. Forget my laptop. I can work on it just fine (and now that i can use cisco anyconnect on a win tablet I can vpn in!) I have installed portal, hl2 and l4d2 on this and it plays just fine

The battery life on this is amazing and I have full fledged windows in my hands that is the same size as a nexus 7 or ipad mini. Even comes with word, execl and pp..

Build quality is great too.

I would try to get one monday for 99 bucks but I am pretty sure there will be more than 20 people in line before I can get to my mall and get in line.

how many fps do you get on l4d2?

I really wish there was a straight answer on what time this was going live. I see 12AM and 10AM (EST) both being tossed around a lot on SD. I was just told by a sales rep on MS store that it was 12AM CST (seems like an odd time)... so it seems like even the chat reps don't know. Guess I'll be refreshing every hour.

I've never participated in a mad rush door buster. How does this work at a mall? Do a bunch of people stand at the doors of the mall and then sprint to the location when the doors open, or what?

You think this is public enough to draw in lines of average joe's. Im thinking if I get there about 8am (they open at 10am) I shouldnt have any issue getting one. But its still 45min away, and a wasted drive if wrong.

About an hour ago they started heavily tweeting that 7AM PST is when the site switches over.

I hope not. Thats when the store in the east open (10am EST). So Id have to pick which to try.

I hope not. Thats when the store in the east open (10am EST). So Id have to pick which to try.

If you have a store to go to, and the ability to hang out for a few hours before they open, I think it's pretty safe to say that is your best bet.

Tomorrow at 10AM, that site is going to get hammered. It'll be over in seconds, and it's going to be sheer luck for those few who managed to get the page to load. You may have ok luck getting one at $200, depending on how much stock they have, but anything else is a longshot.

Going local, at least you'll know where you stand when you show up. Maybe you'll get lucky and they will let people queue up and your store. If not, you can still probably gauge how your going to fair by the amount of other people sitting around oggling the entrance from afar before they open.

If you have a store to go to, and the ability to hang out for a few hours before they open, I think it's pretty safe to say that is your best bet.

Tomorrow at 10AM, that site is going to get hammered. It'll be over in seconds, and it's going to be sheer luck for those few who managed to get the page to load. You may have ok luck getting one at $200, depending on how much stock they have, but anything else is a longshot.

Going local, at least you'll know where you stand when you show up. Maybe you'll get lucky and they will let people queue up and your store. If not, you can still probably gauge how your going to fair by the amount of other people sitting around oggling the entrance from afar before they open.

Yeah, Im going to leave about 7am, which puts me there and in line around 8am. If there are more then 20 people I drive back and try online, if there is less then 20 people, then I got to stand in the Cleveland Ohio cold for 2 hours :eek:

My gf is going too so we can try to grab one each. Then I can refuse the delivery for the ASUS T100TA from Amazon that I got for $350.

Never waited in line for a store in a mall. I assume I just stand by the outside door nearest the store inside?

Yeah, Im going to leave about 7am, which puts me there and in line around 8am. If there are more then 20 people I drive back and try online, if there is less then 20 people, then I got to stand in the Cleveland Ohio cold for 2 hours :eek:

My gf is going too so we can try to grab one each. Then I can refuse the delivery for the ASUS T100TA from Amazon that I got for $350.

Never waited in line for a store in a mall. I assume I just stand by the outside door nearest the store inside?

Hah, a fellow Clevelander!

Some malls open the main part a little earlier than the stores open.

I'll be at my local mall ~8am as well. If there's more than 20 people huddled by the closest exterior door, screw it, my bad, back home.

I love how there's a constant hate on Win8, it sucks, frick MS, Burn down Redmond, the Start Screen is SATAN and a sign of end-times.. but whoa, $99 for a tablet I AM SO THERE MAN

I love how there's a constant hate on Win8, it sucks, frick MS, Burn down Redmond, the Start Screen is SATAN and a sign of end-times.. but whoa, $99 for a tablet I AM SO THERE MAN

The success of Windows 8 and the modern UI as I said from the beginning will be tied to good, affordable hardware, and at $99 there's really no way to beat what this device can do. If Microsoft and OEMs can keep up this pace and get Windows tablets of this quality and better at the $200 price, it will change the game. The MSRP of this device even at $300 is a solid price, but at $200 and lower I can't see why these things would sell extremely well.

Site is completely fucked up. I'm not even going to bother.

Probably a bunch of asshats from Slickdeals.

Yeah, dont even think it went live, just everyone trying to see if it started at midnight est.

from the sound of the video it seems like they're only doing the 99$ price for in store purchases?

Good luck getting one online. At 12:01 AM the sites crapping out already with all the traffic from those who didnt see the tweets. So imagine when this thing goes live at 7 or 9 PST LOL

I rather stick it out in the freezing cold then a page which is already crashing before the sale goes live. lol

Don't worry. I got you guys covered. I'll be sure to put mine up for sale in time for Christmas. It should be live on ebay by 7:05 AM PST. Online only deal. Please tweet about it, too.

I think it's still a good deal at 199.99. From what I've read, it appears it'll be 199.99 after all the 99.99 are sold until the end of Monday.

And for what it's worth, Windows 8.1 does include a start button now on the lower left.

Regarding the Surface/Surface Pro deal, new information suggests it does include the tablet but the actual discount is different. It is only $100 and $50 off respectively for the bundle. I'll make a new thread regarding this.

Good chance for me to get one of these for $99. How can I turn it into a hackintosh tablet or install Android on it?

According to Twitter and SD, if you aren't in line already, you are to late. If you are willing to buy at $200, you'll probably do OK, but I don't think your going to have much success for the doorbuster showing up at 7AM.

Got here about 30 min later then I wanted cause of traffic.
There are about 35 ahead of me.

Site is barely functional right now and the deal isn't even life for another 1.5 hours.

Screw it, not worth the aggravation.

They came out and said everyone in line right now will get one ($199). About 45 in line.

Works fine for me. But I remember the HP Touchpad fiasco so I don't have my hopes up. I have to stay home anyway to wait for my $199 Zotac GTX 760 to come in the mail that I scored on Black Friday.

First twenty people only.

I am confused. Essentially, you are saying either the Microsoft Store employees already bought the first 20 or the first 20 are not getting the $99 deal. What is going on there?

Back