Dell’s UltraSharp 2005FPW widescreen 20-inch LCD monitor.

no coupon needed. I called dell and told them I wanted the sale price but didnt have the coupon number... the sales person checked with his supervisor and they gave me the 25% off ......

final price was 599.25 + tax. ( free shipping )

I'll post pics and stuff when it comes.

thanks [H]ard Forum peeps.

d.

Doh, and I payed 630.00:( I am too impatient with waiting. Oh well, 630 still is a good price for that monitor. Just sucks being on a college budget, gotta save money for booze, and oh yeah food + rent... :D

just called dell back. They dropped my first order and added the 35.00 coupon on top of the 25% off one.

total was 564.25 free s/h 38.04 tax

thanks info

d.

That's an amazing deal. If this monitor show up on the European market it will cost at least twice that.

ya, im really happy with the price. I just hope it looks as good as people say it does. Im really nervous about playing games in that funny reso. But someone posted that they have run WoW on it, that makes me =)

d.

fallguy said:
Whats the code for 25% off the LCD? I dont see one in that thread.

I believe each code is unique and one time use. So either you have to get it through the Dellf game or find one on the thread i posted previously or this thread http://www.slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=54792&postid=0 that has not been used.

Or you could do what dmize did by calling up Dell requesting for the sale discount.

I got the 25% off LCD on my 5th (and last!) try. The extra $35 should cover the tax, so that's nice too. My first four attempts got me $550 off HD Plasma, 25% off desktop over $1500, $200 off desktop $1200 or higher, and 25% off laptop. That used up all three of my e-mail addresses and both my wife's. Do you think it's worth waiting until after Thanksgiving to see if the price drops? The coupons are all good until 1/5/05.

Dirk

I couldn't find the info on the dell site, but can the 2005FPW rotate 90 degrees?

Oh, and can Canadians get the 25% off for the LCD as well? The Dellelf game seems to be only for people living in the US...

Pyrolistical said:
I couldn't find the info on the dell site, but can the 2005FPW rotate 90 degrees?

Oh, and can Canadians get the 25% off for the LCD as well? The Dellelf game seems to be only for people living in the US...

Try one of the coupons posted after putting it in your basket and see if it works.

[..:: magnetik ::..]

[

Pyrolistical said:

If you try it out and it works, please let the rest of us know :D
I'd rather wait than anything, but if there's 25% off, might as well make the jump.

magnetik said:
Try one of the coupons posted after putting it in your basket and see if it works.

[

The $35 off coupons don't work at dell.ca

Can somebody try a 25% off coupon on dell.ca or PM me a working one?

Pyrolistical said:
The $35 off coupons don't work at dell.ca

Can somebody try a 25% off coupon on dell.ca or PM me a working one?
They don't work. The best price you can get is 15% by signing up for the Dell.ca newsletter and 5% stackable for being a student of certain universities for pre-tax price of $806.69

SLee said:
They don't work. The best price you can get is 15% by signing up for the Dell.ca newsletter and 5% stackable for being a student of certain universities for pre-tax price of $806.69

Well! I guess I could try yelling at them and complain how the people in the states not only get a lower base price (using current exchange rates $799 US is about $951 CAN, not $999 as the listed price), but they also get the 25% of coupons!!

Pyrolistical said:
QUOTE]
Yes it does, saw a post on firstadopter.com forums of someone with it rotated, looked great. I got lucky enuff to find the coupon. I guess ill order one, sux that im already in debt and xmas isnt even here yet. =/ ill take some in game screens of WoW when I get monitor.

Pyrolistical said:
Well! I guess I could try yelling at them and complain how the people in the states not only get a lower base price (using current exchange rates $799 US is about $951 CAN, not $999 as the listed price), but they also get the 25% of coupons!!

Wonder if that actually works... I can clearly see the arguments for it as well as the arguments against it.

Again, if you do try it and it works, please let us know ;)

Here is a very good review and lots of pics-->link

compared to a Dell 2001FP:
index.php

edit:
Does anyone know how this monitor perform on lower resolutions (1280x768)?? Because I was planning to get this monitor ( or the samsung widescreen) with a tunerbox along side (avermedia tv box 9). I could ask on the other forum but I'm too lazy to register.

Digitized said:
Here is a very good review and lots of pics-->link

compared to a Dell 2001FP:
index.php

edit:
Does anyone know how this monitor perform on lower resolutions (1280x768)?? Because I was planning to get this monitor ( or the samsung widescreen) with a tunerbox along side (avermedia tv box 9). I could ask on the other forum but I'm too lazy to register.

they usually perform quite well, but you wont have the perfect edges that you get with the native resolutions.

It has picture-in-picture, so the tuner box will work quite nicely for a lil tv while you're surfing. Since the resolution is so darn high, you'll have plenty of room for tv viewing.

also, after you purchase it email Dell and ask for your education discount.

I've scored twice using this technique.

onetrueday said:
also, after you purchase it email Dell and ask for your education discount.

I've scored twice using this technique.

Hehe Thanks for your advice. I'm affraid that (discount) won't work since this monitor isn't available yet in Europe. Here in Holland we have to pay a lot of taxes. For example: the Dell 2001FP is 659 euro's. +19% BTW (VAT) would be 750 euro's in total. There's no coupon system, education discount whatsoever.

You guys are lucky over there :D

edit: 784 euro's in total!

Just ordered the 2005FPW for the $639.00 price. I couldn't get the $35.00 stackable cupon to work, which is a shame as it would have almost covered the sales tax ($44.74). But anything under $700.00 is a pretty good deal.

If anyone has an extra 25% off coupon, please PM me. Id like to get this monitor.

edit, nm, thanks Replicable.

I have tried playing the dellelf game last night and this morning but still no 25% percent coupon for me after many tries.

Anyone willing to PM me an unused code? I want to order today and it would be greatly appreciated.

I ordered mine last night. Did not get a 25% or the 35$ but got a 20% off coupon from some website, I dont even remember. I cant wait since I work to many hours I got the next day fedex. I hope it pays off and gets here before friday.

!@#!E$#!!@ orderd mine on monday. Still hasnt even shipped.... grrrr...

d.

how are you guys getting it for like $640? they havent lowered the prices as far as i can tell below $800 yet.

just ordered mine, $554.25 plus $42.95 tax for a total of $597.20 shipped. Got free shipping, 25% off and used a stackable $45 dollar off coupon.

Got mine for 640 but I paid more for 2nd day ship. Im pissed because It says it will ship on 1 dec, If I dont get confirmation that it shipped today I will cancell the 2nd day and just get the free ship. I wanted to have it this weekend , if not I am not paying extra . It will get here when it get here.

What $45 coupon? I got the 25% off one, that dropped it to $600. I tried the $35 off coupon, but it was expired.

firey-eyez, its the delf games. Look in hotdeals for more info.

Stackable $45 off $400 Electronics and Accessories, 1500 uses Q4K3ZF?BS2FJ0R Expires 2004-11-24

Anyone want to help a brother out and PM me a 25% coupon for this monitor. My 23" Widescreen Gateway LCD crapped out couple weeks ago and this deal is too good to turn up. I played that damn dellf game for a half hour and still no luck. Someone PLEASE hook me up.

Will someone with a 2005FPW please measure the actual screen size? I am just curious to see how much smaller it is than my 23" widescreen paper weight that has a screen size of almost 20" x 12". Thanks!

Wow, after an hour of waiting, and going thru two Dell reps who I couldnt understand, I still havent gotten to customer service to talk to them about taking the $45 off. All any of them could do is cancel my order, but then I couldnt use the 25% off coupon again.

I cant seem to find a direct number to Dells customer service, just the usual run around on their website.

well hasnt been any posts for a few days. From what i could find the 25% coupon expired on teh 24th. Is there currently no way to get the discount and does anyone think it could come down that far in price again?

bander said:
well hasnt been any posts for a few days. From what i could find the 25% coupon expired on teh 24th. Is there currently no way to get the discount and does anyone think it could come down that far in price again?
Just ordered mine yesterday with a 25% off LCD coupon. Play the Dellelf game 100 times and you'll get one too :) Fortunately they don't make you validate your email, so you can just hit the back button after not getting the one you want and change 1 letter of the email and try again, lol. I used refer a friend each time I tried so 5 tries per account I had to create... which ended up being somewhere close to 50+ tries.

I posted some 20% off flat panels in the [H]otdeals section a little while ago if anyone wants them. I have 1 more 25% off if someone needs it.. PM me.

Back