Dell’s UltraSharp 2005FPW widescreen 20-inch LCD monitor.

DrJacob said:
I was looking at the Apple Cinema 20" and the HP L2335, as well as the 243T... but it looks like TWO 2005FPW's will cost about the same and give me HUGE screen area! w1n!

but it still wont give you the ultra high resolution on each panel. I would rather have one bigger screen than 2. Or better yet 2 L2335

GaleForce said:
I don't get it. I still don't see the screen door effect on my dell.

thats the thing u really cant see it unless u get about 8 inches from screen, and it mostly shows up on grays, i have a vp201b and it doesnt bother me at all, not very often any of us need to be that close to the screen :D

Hey everyone. I just had to log on and pass on my thanks for this [H]OT DEAL! I spent the last 3 days using my 4 email accounts fighting for the discount and finally got it today. I should have it within the next 2 weeks if it stays in stock long enough for the order to go through.

Anyway, I really wanted to thank you all and this great website. I've been a [H] viewer for a long time. I usually just lurk in the dark corners because most of my questions and reply/points usually get answered/made before I get a chance to post. I had another account, but I don't remember what it was. Perhaps after sitting for well over a year it got deactivated.

o, well... getting back on topic... I came across this website today in my search for the Ultrasharp 2005. It list 2 coupons you can use to get the great price down. I'm not sure if they are still usable or not. Check it out here:
http://cheap.typepad.com/cheapster/2004/11/dell_ultrasharp_1.html

I also noticed others posting their other DELF deals. I have acquired the same, but the coupons codes are not used yet. So if you are interested in the other deals. Let me know and I will PM them to you.

Thanks again!

Brian

Pringals said:
Hey everyone. I just had to log on and pass on my thanks for this [H]OT DEAL! I spent the last 3 days using my 4 email accounts fighting for the discount and finally got it today. I should have it within the next 2 weeks if it stays in stock long enough for the order to go through.

Anyway, I really wanted to thank you all and this great website. I've been a [H] viewer for a long time. I usually just lurk in the dark corners because most of my questions and reply/points usually get answered/made before I get a chance to post. I had another account, but I don't remember what it was. Perhaps after sitting for well over a year it got deactivated.

o, well... getting back on topic... I came across this website today in my search for the Ultrasharp 2005. It list 2 coupons you can use to get the great price down. I'm not sure if they are still usable or not. Check it out here:
http://cheap.typepad.com/cheapster/2004/11/dell_ultrasharp_1.html

I also noticed others posting their other DELF deals. I have acquired the same, but the coupons codes are not used yet. So if you are interested in the other deals. Let me know and I will PM them to you.

Thanks again!

Brian

You can get a 25% off LCD coupon playing the DELLF game and wait for DELL to post a coupon for $40 off $400 (or something similar) on fatwallet.com or slickdeals.net to get the monitor for cheaper than this website mentioned in the post above. It's been running for about $550 for about a week now.

to those who already have this screen + Half-Life 2... what other resolutions can you run it at besides 1680x1050?

i only have a 9800pro so i can't run it at native resolution... was just wonderin what would be the next step down resolution and its image quality... thanks!

Question about the screen... 20 inches... Is that corner to corner or is that straight a cross? I've orders this monitor as part of a new system and I'm trying to figure out if I should change my monitor selection. From what I've read here, the screen is great... I just want to know how the wide screen stacks up against a traditional square flat LCD.

Thanks!

Advocate said:
Question about the screen... 20 inches... Is that corner to corner or is that straight a cross? I've orders this monitor as part of a new system and I'm trying to figure out if I should change my monitor selection. From what I've read here, the screen is great... I just want to know how the wide screen stacks up against a traditional square flat LCD.

Thanks!

easiest way is to head over to a local computer store.

I have it on my laptop and I love widescreen, which is why I opted for the 2005fpw

I traded in my dual 15" LCD setup for a single 2005FPW... And I'm not looking back. It is an amazing monitor! I love it!

As for the size, it is 10.75" tall, 17.25" wide and almosy exactly 20" diagonally. That is the size of the actual LCD "screen". The screen has a slim, black .75" bezel all the way around.

BigDuallie said:
I traded in my dual 15" LCD setup for a single 2005FPW... And I'm not looking back. It is an amazing monitor! I love it!

As for the size, it is 10.75" tall, 17.25" wide and almosy exactly 20" diagonally. That is the size of the actual LCD "screen". The screen has a slim, black .75" bezel all the way around.

Thanks, the link was great!

Yeah nice pics. My 2005 was marked as shipped today so I cant wait to get it this week.

You didn't win a prize, but since I never like to leave anyone empty-handed, I have this special offer for you:

25% off any Dell Flat Panel

00KHVQH666NCL

Code: $0$VTW950VF92?

I think one of them was already used, but these were codes I've won. post when used.

Wooo, getting one for Christmas. Soon after christmas I spend $2k for the system to plug into the back of this thing. Saw one down at the Dell store and they are gorgeous. Can't wait to play HL2, Doom3 and Far Cry in wide screen.

-zac

pr0zac said:
Wooo, getting one for Christmas. Soon after christmas I spend $2k for the system to plug into the back of this thing. Saw one down at the Dell store and they are gorgeous. Can't wait to play HL2, Doom3 and Far Cry in wide screen.

-zac
does farcry have 16:9 resolutions? I havn't reinstalled it on my new computer, otherwise I'd check :D

i'm thinking about getting one... I got the 25% off coupon on mi first try =) hehe
but anyways... not sure if i have the $600 yet =(

I ordered mine on monday for $564 (i think) + free shipping, it was marked as shipped today so I am expecting it sometime this week. Come on dell!!

well I caved in and order one today for 639.99 including shipping. Hope you dont mind but I used that second code onetrueday listed, I played that freaking gaame for 2 hours without a single code. oh well.

Im still a little worried about how widescreen will work with games. Do games support non-native 16x10 resolutions? cuz theres no way my computer can possably play at 1680 by 1024 or whatever. oh well, I gues ill see.

i hate that damn dellf :mad: ive got 11 email accounts im using and im putting in the 4 friends in the friends contact list to get 4 more tries...ive made 9 spam email accounts today and spent an hour registering things...and i must have gotten virtually every coupon BUT the one for lower flat panel prices...:(

edit: what is the name of the coupon i want? and, do the screens count as 'peripherals' ?

firey-eyez said:
i hate that damn dellf :mad: ive got 11 email accounts im using and im putting in the 4 friends in the friends contact list to get 4 more tries...ive made 9 spam email accounts today and spent an hour registering things...and i must have gotten virtually every coupon BUT the one for lower flat panel prices...:(

edit: what is the name of the coupon i want? and, do the screens count as 'peripherals' ?

you dont need a REAL addy, just make one up.

the only time you'll get screwed is if you actually WON something, otherwise the coupons are still valid. I've spent at least 8 hours playing dellf.

ex.) [email protected]

you can use that for your email, your friends name and thier email. (all four friends CAN have the same name and email)

bander said:
well I caved in and order one today for 639.99 including shipping. Hope you dont mind but I used that second code onetrueday listed, I played that freaking gaame for 2 hours without a single code. oh well.

Im still a little worried about how widescreen will work with games. Do games support non-native 16x10 resolutions? cuz theres no way my computer can possably play at 1680 by 1024 or whatever. oh well, I gues ill see.

it doesnt matter. it'll either stretch the game or give you side (black) bars. most games work in widescreen though.

my 8600 is widescreen and I'm lovin it. No ISSUES AT ALL with any game I've tried. I should get my 2005fpw this week.

vapb400 said:
does farcry have 16:9 resolutions? I havn't reinstalled it on my new computer, otherwise I'd check :D

yes, it does. You need to add the dev on the shortcut and add a hack though, at least in the v1.0. works fantastic in widescreen.

Please post your impressions/reviews after you receive your monitors. I have a 25% off coupon "burning a hole in my pocket" right now. Need more information from you guys.

Mons said:
Please post your impressions/reviews after you receive your monitors. I have a 25% off coupon "burning a hole in my pocket" right now. Need more information from you guys.
Well the coupon is good til Jan. 5th, so I would wait to get a stackable coupon for something like $45 more off like I did.

BTW If there are any long term [H] members (>2yrs) that need this 25% off LCD coupon shoot me a PM. I saw a sh!t load of noobs asking for this coupon so I thought I would keep it in the family.

This will be my first LCD. I have been on the fence for a long time. I just want to get a good deal my first time. I would really appreciate any discount codes.

onetrueday said:
it doesnt matter. it'll either stretch the game or give you side (black) bars. most games work in widescreen though.

my 8600 is widescreen and I'm lovin it. No ISSUES AT ALL with any game I've tried. I should get my 2005fpw this week.

thats not what I meant. For 16X10 aspect ration resolutions, can i play games on ones less then the natives resolution?

say 1024X640 for example.

trudude said:
This will be my first LCD. I have been on the fence for a long time. I just want to get a good deal my first time. I would really appreciate any discount codes.
I just won a 20% off LCD's until Jan 5th 05. Does anyone have a $45 off > $400? PM me if you have a spare.

Why is there still no pics in this thread? :(

Hopefully they will ship mine before Dec. 2nd, the date they say it will.

OrionNT said:
Well the coupon is good til Jan. 5th, so I would wait to get a stackable coupon for something like $45 more off like I did.

BTW If there are any long term [H] members (>2yrs) that need this 25% off LCD coupon shoot me a PM. I saw a sh!t load of noobs asking for this coupon so I thought I would keep it in the family.

I also have 2 codes available to long time [H]ocp'ers. I am not talking post count.. I am talking about join date. It took me some work to get these so I don't want to just give them to any noobie (nothing against noobs). I would at least like to know who used it if I post one publicly.

I might be able to help someone.. I receive a EPP discount... I think of 12% that you could stack with the discount coupon... Not sure of what all the Reqs would be to get it done, but I reckon anything is better than nothing. Let me know if there is any interest.. First come first serve and of course only pleasent people please.

Thanks

fallguy said:
Why is there still no pics in this thread? :(

Hopefully they will ship mine before Dec. 2nd, the date they say it will.
I posted a link to the gallery of mine right here.

misc_123.thumb.jpg

Ooo, nice. I just got an email saying mine has shipped!! No tracking # yet, should be soon.

I have been lurking in the forums for a while now, and ended up buying the 2005FPW for 25% - 50 stackable coupon. Dell sent the shipping notification today. I should have it Wedensday.

Hmm, I did some math and...

3x 2005FPW is greater than 1x 30" Apple LCD

3x2005FPW turned to portrait mode and placed side by side is a 36.2" LCD screen with a resolution of 3150x1680!

3x 2005FPW would only cost $2400, where as one 30" apple LCD costs $3200...

*dreams*

3x 2005FPW's is much less than $2400 if you get any sort of deal on it. The regular price is $800, so yes that would be $2400. However.. I got mine shipped for $555+tax. A hair over $600. Thats just $1800 for three of them. :)

fallguy said:
I got mine shipped for $555+tax. A hair over $600. Thats just $1800 for three of them. :)
I really like the fact that dell and newegg dont charge tax in IN, $554 is a sweet deal in deed.

well tha bank manager is not going to love me but the hell, upgrading from 152x samsung lovley screen just tiny for the sound setup im running, i feel this monitor will suit my needs however im crippled by location. Any guess on release in the uk? maybe by the new years? late xmas pressie for myself? and will it be available in silver like the 2001?

god damn i need more money :(

stu

Just got mine, was delievered at 1:02pm, drove across town made it back and installed in before 1:45. Not a single dead pixel, the thing is great. I love it. I'm really really thinking of a second one now.

Does the 2005fpw have the infamous screen door like the 2001fp did? Also, what type of panel is it? I'm assuming its a TN. How are the colors and viewing angle?

Sparrow_69 said:
Does the 2005fpw have the infamous screen door like the 2001fp did? Also, what type of panel is it? I'm assuming its a TN. How are the colors and viewing angle?

LG Electronics makes the screen for 2005fpw.

Back