Dell Refurb U3014 from Dell for $655.90 after Coupon

I wonder what revision this model is on now. Or (specifically) these refurbs. Anyone know?

$701 shipped to me.

Don't need it... don't really want it... but, damn it's awfully tempting to buy it!!

Please Note - a refurbished monitor purchased without a computer will have a 90-day limited warranty (Part #P1V6N)

I have bought 5 or 6 30" monitors from Dell over the years that have been refurbs and every one is still in action with never a single issue.

I will second this and add that the monitors I received, most appeared to be brand new with all accessories. Great deal if you are in the market for a 30" monitor.

TBH, I only buy Dell Refurbs. They tend to have better panel quality than new ones in my experience.
Find a Grade A panel and your good to go.

I have (2) U3011's bought new. (1) was returned (3) times. They cross shipped new ones overnight on their dime due to custom color bug. Customer service was excellent. This is tempting. Wish this was a U3011 and I had the desk space at home for surround.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1751499
[edit] post comparing U3011 vs U3014 if anyone is curious.

Last edited:
I have a 27" Yamakasi just sitting around collecting dust. No need for this, but good deal.

Just ordered a 27". My old 2408WFP is starting to get a magenta color cast from time to time and is ready for an upgrade! Thanks, OP!

Both of you are about to get banned permanently. This is your one chance to shut up and take your childish bickering to PM.

That seems like a pretty good deal, but I think 30" won't fit on my desk (with the other stuff there). I currently have a 24" Dell LCD and would like to upgrade it to 27" (not necessarily Dell).

That's a great price. I am happy with my U3014 (after 3 exchanges). Since it's a refurb and direct from dell you are almost certain to get an updated one with the horizontal line issue fixed. The monitor is best when used with a colorimeter. I am using a datacolor spyder pro and now it has the best colors I have seen on a monitor I owned. :)

A few months ago they had a similar deal for the 3014 and 3011. I purchased two 3014s. They both had problems. Got them exchanged a couple of times and each of them had issues as well. I ended up returning both monitors after several failed exchanges.

Your exchanges will be refurbished units. Apparently Dell does not truly address the problems for which they were returned for. They re-package it and send it out hoping the next person overlooks it and keeps it. And each time you will be speaking to some random guy in India.

The problems with the u3014 are well documented. Please go to Dell forums and read about them.

Your mileage may vary. Just sharing my experience.

Thanks for the heads up, just bought one. If there's a problem then I'll just return it. For being almost half the price of a new one, I'll take the risk.

I was getting excited about that announcement until I found out they were using TN panels to keep the costs down. That's why I was glad that I came here and saw the 30% off post.
What's wrong with TN that panel in terms of specs/performance? Or is it reliability that would be affected?

My current 24" LCD will be 9 this summer. :eek: But it (2405) still runs like a champ. Knock on wood! I'm just waiting for a 27" deal to upgrade it and already have a buyer waiting for my old monitor.

I see NCX was trolling yet another monitor thread...or I assume he was. Thanks for shutting him down Kyle. Great deal on the 3014. I picked up a U2711 last fall on one of these deals for <$400. The U2713H doesn't seem to get the deals the larger monitor and the old 2711 get.

I'll have to dig up the thread when I get a chance. Last Nov. or Dec., SD had a deal about 30" Dell LCD sale as well, but the big question mark in that one was what revision of monitor shipped.

TN Color reproduction sucks. I can't speak for anyone else, but the only reason I'd consider 4K is for photography or 4K video (i don't have the video cards to drive a 4K monitor) and TN is not acceptable for anything that needs accurate colors.

It'd be a great office monitor.

TN Color reproduction sucks. I can't speak for anyone else, but the only reason I'd consider 4K is for photography or 4K video (i don't have the video cards to drive a 4K monitor) and TN is not acceptable for anything that needs accurate colors.

It'd be a great office monitor.

I was wanting to use it for photo editing. The 30Hz refresh rate doesn't bother me, but the panel type was enough to make me wait for something different. I'm sure I'll be happy with my new (to me) u2713 for a few years until the 4K monitors come down in price.

In today's episode of first world problems:
I currently run 20-30-20 with a 3007wfp-hc and a couple 2007FP's and I really like the work space PLP provides.
But I'd like to go LED to cut back on the oven factor in my computer room, are there any 1600x1200 20" LED monitors?
I'm concerned the color temperature will be difficult to match between CCFL and LED monitors.

Hmmm, my three 3008wfp's have served me really well these last few years. What differences/improvements would I see going to the u3014?

Hmmm, my three 3008wfp's have served me really well these last few years. What differences/improvements would I see going to the u3014?

Quicker warm up to full brightness? From the comparison thread above:

Anti-glare coating is better than the U3011.
From afar, you won't really notice any differences unless you go up close and scrutinize. I think the U3011 and U3014 are both great monitors.
I prefer the look of the U3011 although I'll choose the U3014 for its lower power consumption and less heat output.

There's less backlight bleed on the U3014 compared to the U3011. Will take some photos of both the monitors later at night when I'm back home.
I think the white on the U3014 looks a bit yellowish compared to the U3011... will try to take a photo of this.

Just be aware that the 3014 has some disadvantages when compared to the 3011, which itself wasn't much of an upgrade over the 3008 IMO.

Awesome deal! I'd have to make an addition to the room for three that I would get, lol.

Just an FYI for anyone that ordered one of these monitors...especially the 27 or 30" ones, Dell includes a regular DVI cable, but not a dual link DVI cable...so make sure you have one on hand before hooking it up!

Just an FYI for anyone that ordered one of these monitors...especially the 27 or 30" ones, Dell includes a regular DVI cable, but not a dual link DVI cable...so make sure you have one on hand before hooking it up!

Yeah, I tried it and was like WTF is wrong with this monitor. Then I remembered to check the cable and realized it wasn't a dvi-d cable.

On a side note, I"ll have to RMA this monitor as the screen has some issues or its the AG coating or something. There appears to be black specs on the lcd screen and its most noticeable when I turn the screens background to white you can see all of them. I don't think there bad pixels, it almost looks like the screen is dirty, but its not as I tried cleaning it already.

Yeah, I tried it and was like WTF is wrong with this monitor. Then I remembered to check the cable and realized it wasn't a dvi-d cable.

On a side note, I"ll have to RMA this monitor as the screen has some issues or its the AG coating or something. There appears to be black specs on the lcd screen and its most noticeable when I turn the screens background to white you can see all of them. I don't think there bad pixels, it almost looks like the screen is dirty, but its not as I tried cleaning it already.

I did the same thing...I hooked it up and turned on my computer and my first thought was "great, my monitor has gone plaid!"

So far though, this monitor is great! It looks like it's brand new. It's weird having to turn your head to see the different ends of the screen. :D

I did the same thing...I hooked it up and turned on my computer and my first thought was "great, my monitor has gone plaid!"

So far though, this monitor is great! It looks like it's brand new. It's weird having to turn your head to see the different ends of the screen. :D
You might want to move the monitor a little farther back. ;)
This is the one I want to get when the price drops some more. Right now, it's not worth the expense to move from my 28" monitor.
What price are you waiting for? I don't know if we'll see it drop below $656 that this thread cited it at. The new version that I mentioned in that SD link was for quite a bit more.

Back