Dell pre-built for a not terrible price

Is it, or is it due to the fact three major youtube tech channels went over that pc and all called it the biggest pile of shit they have ever seen mushed into the shape of a PC?
Both are in the realms of possibility. Anything is possible with how convoluted "reality" is these days. 😀

Sad that system is probably faster than mine. How does the 1650 compare to a 970?
1650 super runs a little slower in some cases than a 980. So I’d imagine a 1650 runs slower than a 970 by a fair margin. The difference between the 1650 and 1650 super is pretty significant due to the memory bandwidth I believe.

Friends don't let friends buy those G5 Desktops. GN basically wiped their butts with it, the one they tested was terribad minus maybe the power supply.

Friends don't let friends buy those G5 Desktops. GN basically wiped their butts with it, the one they tested was terribad minus maybe the power supply.
The real issue was the original price which this deal has thoroughly rectified. For someone with no machine and wants one, this isn't terrible.

Is it, or is it due to the fact three major youtube tech channels went over that pc and all called it the biggest pile of shit they have ever seen mushed into the shape of a PC?
raz-0 whoah whoah whoah... can't believe all the hate for the G5, at least Dell did a decent job on the PSU except it's proprietary as shit :ROFLMAO:

What's GN?
A review in two parts, each more awful than the other:

Worse Than Walmart: Dell G5 5000 PC’s Garbage Parts & Hidden Charges​

Dell's Dumpster Fire: Bloatware Uses 30% GPU (G5 5000 Review & Benchmarks)​

A review in two parts, each more awful than the other:

Worse Than Walmart: Dell G5 5000 PC’s Garbage Parts & Hidden Charges​

Dell's Dumpster Fire: Bloatware Uses 30% GPU (G5 5000 Review & Benchmarks)​

I got 3 minutes into the second video before I had a panic attack

Is it just me or do people hate that idiot in the GN videos?
it's not just you. I don't have any problem with Steve (there are WAAAYYYY worse 'Tubers out there) but I can see how folks do, he's kinda conceited and annoying. But then, who on the internet isn't....

On topic... One of the first things I notice on Dell's page for this machine... 8GB single-channel memory?! LOL NOT TODAY SATAN

DUD, you're gettin a shiny, brand new, pos D..E...L..L...L..... yee haw maw :D....

sorry, I could not resist....

Prebuilts........... n.O.t.........

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Seriously.

Want to swap power supply for something more powerful to put a bigger GPU? LOL NOPE. Dell did not pick standard PSU and non standard pinout on the motherboard
Want to swap motherboards? LOL NOPE. Dell made their own proprietary motherboard for this PC.

Seriously.

Want to swap power supply for something more powerful to put a bigger GPU? LOL NOPE. Dell did not pick standard PSU and non standard pinout on the motherboard
Want to swap motherboards? LOL NOPE. Dell made their own proprietary motherboard for this PC.
Oh is this the one that has the front IO built as part of the mobo?

But, people change, but the kind of people that would want to swap motherboards would not buy a pre-built or at least a dell-hp one a feel like (well maybe today in the current market where it is one way to get a GPU)

OEM's use the slowest memory they can with the highest CAS latency. I guess for stability so you get what you pay for, and less.

This desktop is not aimed at customers that would be replacing power supplies and such.

This desktop is not aimed at customers that would be replacing power supplies and such.
Cheap mass market PCs can have parts fail; and when they're a mountain of proprietary crap getting suitable parts to fix anything is much harder wether it's you doing it for yourself, you doing it for your less tech savvy friend, or that person paying a shop to do it for them.

Seriously.

Well you basically just described every Dell desktop produced after 2000.....

Cheap mass market PCs can have parts fail; and when they're a mountain of proprietary crap getting suitable parts to fix anything is much harder wether it's you doing it for yourself, you doing it for your less tech savvy friend, or that person paying a shop to do it for them.
I would imagine most would just throw the computer away. Or order a new part from Dell.

Well you basically just described every Dell desktop produced after 2000.....
Yup, I've had two Dell PowerEdge T20 servers for years with proprietary things like PSU connectors, fan connectors, etc. and nothing has ever failed.

Back